Windows 10: HP Laptop frequently shuts down to reboot.

Discus and support HP Laptop frequently shuts down to reboot. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HP Laptop frequently shuts down and reboots. Only software I added was a 2010 version of Word, Excel, etc.; and Turbo Tax. Could that be the problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Glenn Pfeffer, Apr 11, 2020.

1. HP Laptop frequently shuts down to reboot.

HP Laptop frequently shuts down and reboots. Only software I added was a 2010 version of Word, Excel, etc.; and Turbo Tax. Could that be the problem?

:)

Glenn Pfeffer, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Carbo Win User
    Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

Hi, Phil. I'm doing what I've always done: slide the cursor to the lower left screen and click on Shut Down. But instead of shutting down the laptop responds as if I hit Restart.
    Just tried your suggestion and hit shift but it made no difference. Laptop rebooted.

Carbo, Apr 11, 2020
  4. HP Laptop frequently shuts down to reboot.

frequent shut downs

this is my "reliability monitor for the month of jan, you can see it went from random to frequent shut downs.

overclocking101, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

HP Laptop frequently shuts down to reboot.

1. HP Laptop frequently shuts down to reboot. - Similar Threads - Laptop frequently shuts

2. My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically: I don't know what caused this, but my laptop is ALMOST UNUSABLE now. This problem occured almost every 3 hours. And the windows RARELY create a minidump after the freeze.But, here is 2 recent minidump that luckily...
  3. My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically: I don't know what caused this, but my laptop is ALMOST UNUSABLE now. This problem occured almost every 3 hours. And the windows RARELY create a minidump after the freeze.But, here is 2 recent minidump that luckily...
  4. My laptop frequently freezed and then shutted down automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HP laptop shutting down at 40%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop shutting down at 40%: My Hp Laptop started shutting down on it's own once the battery gets to 40% when unplugged i.e when not charging. What can I do to solve this problem? I've spoken with windows three times and they have done multiple things to help me but it has not fixed the issue. They...
  6. HP laptop shutting down at 40%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop shutting down at 40%: My Hp Laptop started shutting down on it's own once the battery gets to 40% when unplugged i.e when not charging. What can I do to solve this problem? I've spoken with windows three times and they have done multiple things to help me but it has not fixed the issue. They...
  7. HP laptop shutting down at 40%

8. My laptop shuts down frequently.

My laptop shuts down frequently.: Good evening folks. I have a hp laptop whose HDD was upgraded from 320 GB to 500GB. I also changed its battery. I have also serviced the system yesterday because of overheating. However, the system continues to shut down indiscriminately despite its battery at 92%. Please...
  9. My HP Laptop Shut Down

My HP Laptop Shut Down: I grabbed my HP laptop in this one spot, to the right of the mouse pad, where I usually grab it when I pick it up at first. But, for the second time in two days when I picked it up my computer suddenly just shut down and restarted. Except I do that all the time, I grab it...
  10. Computer shutting down frequently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shutting down frequently: over the course of 1 month i have almost 50 issues with either windows shutting down unexpectedly or hardware error, and i am trying to figure out what it is. help plz ;...