Windows 10: HP laptop: how can I know the battery is recharged?

Discus and support HP laptop: how can I know the battery is recharged? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There are more blue moons than times I use my HP laptop. How can I see if its battery is charged sparing me from needing the electrical transformer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iilola, Mar 4, 2020.

1. iilola Win User

HP laptop: how can I know the battery is recharged?

There are more blue moons than times I use my HP laptop. How can I see if its battery is charged sparing me from needing the electrical transformer and cord??

:)

iilola, Mar 4, 2020
  2. 24C
    24c Win User

HP Laptop battery ?

I recently bought an: HP ENVY x360 Convertible - 15aq193ms - Laptop - with a: 3-cell, 43-Wh, 2.83-Ah, Li-ion battery - according the Manual.
    I am not 100% sure on the battery, since I cannot find the exact model I have listed anywhere. I bought it at the local MS store.

I use this more as desktop than a laptop and am trying to find out if leaving it plugged in all the time will ruin the battery. Googling the situation gave me both "yes" and "no" answers - God Bless Google - HP laptop: how can I know the battery is recharged? :)

I had an older HP laptop, with a battery that snapped in/out and was told not to leave the battery in if it was plugged in all the time - I didn't and all is well

I have a Surface Pro 3 - which has been plugged in since I got it over 2 years ago - all is well with this too.

Now I'm back to the HP ENVY - anybody know if leaving it plugged in will screw up the battery?

3. Laptop Startup on Battery Failure

Did quick search and found a few hits.

One HP forum suggested calibrating battery. This procedure may not be the one for your laptop so you could research the steps for your device. HP forums would likely be the best place as it is specific to HP. That said huge amount of knowledge and equipment on this forum. Maybe a new thread with the known issue could bring in answers.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 4, 2020
  4. malware Win User

HP Offers Laptop Batteries with Three-Year Life Span

Hewlett-Packard (HP) on Monday began offering as an accessory to its consumer laptops batteries that can hold their capacity for up to three years. The new batteries are the work of Boston-Power, and use updated lithium-ion technology that is said to be better than other similar solutions. Boston-Power's Sonata battery will be available as optional choice for 18 existing notebook models representing approximately 70 percent of HP’s consumer notebook PC portfolio. Boston-Power claims its batteries won't give up their capacity for three years, that's roughly three times longer than most other notebook batteries offered to date. In addition, the Sonata accumulators can recharge faster, reaching 80% of capacity in 30 minutes. Lastly, HP will give a three year warranty for each Sonata battery. Available now at HP, the $149.99 accessory Sonata battery fits models in the HP Pavilion, HP HDX, Compaq Presario and HP G series. A complete list of compatible individual models is available here. More information on the battery itself can also be found on Boston-Power’s site here.

Source: Boston-Power

malware, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

1. HP laptop: how can I know the battery is recharged? - Similar Threads - laptop battery recharged

2. how do i know if a laptop needs a new battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i know if a laptop needs a new battery: My two year old Dell laptop runs out of battery power after two hours. How can I tell if I need a new battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-if-a-laptop-needs-a-new-battery/6ea06f17-63c8-4c80-bd74-5adbc3758540
  3. how do i know if a laptop needs a new battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i know if a laptop needs a new battery: My two year old Dell laptop runs out of battery power after two hours. How can I tell if I need a new battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-if-a-laptop-needs-a-new-battery/6ea06f17-63c8-4c80-bd74-5adbc3758540
  4. HP Laptop battery ?

HP Laptop battery ?: Just purchased a: HP - Spectre x360 2-in-1 15.6" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop Wondering if leaving it plugged in all the time will hurt the battery. 99.9% of the time it is on my desk. Also - better to turn it off at night or leave it on 24/7 154662
  5. Battery Recharge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Recharge: Any idea how I get my battery to start recharging, it's plugged in but not recharging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-recharge/cdf0747c-ebd2-4b9b-854b-85f431f6bb57
  6. my battery isnt recharging.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my battery isnt recharging.: the computer runs fine when its plugged in but the minute I disconnect to take it somewhere it dies immediately. it says its at 95% charged but not charging. any suggestions ?...
  7. Battery will not recharge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery will not recharge: My new battery all of a sudden quit recharging. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-will-not-recharge/93d91d0a-66bf-462c-8868-7c478c5a69fe
  8. HP Laptop battery ?

HP Laptop battery ?: I recently bought an: HP ENVY x360 Convertible - 15aq193ms - Laptop - with a: 3-cell, 43-Wh, 2.83-Ah, Li-ion battery - according the Manual. I am not 100% sure on the battery, since I cannot find the exact model I have listed anywhere. I bought it at the local MS store. I...
  9. Here's how to make rechargeable batteries last for years

in Windows 10 News
    Here's how to make rechargeable batteries last for years: Whether it's a rechargeable battery inside a smartphone, tablet, or laptop, here are a set of tips to help you get the most from it. Introduction There's a lot of voodoo written about how to take care of the rechargeable batteries inside smartphones, tablets or...
  10. How to get years of service from your rechargeable batteries

in Windows 10 News
    How to get years of service from your rechargeable batteries: Whether it's a rechargeable battery inside a smartphone, tablet, or laptop, here are a set of tips to help you get the most from it. Introduction There's a lot of voodoo written about how to take care of the rechargeable batteries inside smartphones, tablets or...