Windows 10: HP Laptop is running Win10 and wifi just quit.

Discus and support HP Laptop is running Win10 and wifi just quit. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to diagnose wifi problem on granddaughter's 2013 HP laptop. It is running Win 10. Ethernet ok. No networks shown when cursor hovers on wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DCMorrisMVTN, Mar 11, 2019.

1. HP Laptop is running Win10 and wifi just quit.

Trying to diagnose wifi problem on granddaughter's 2013 HP laptop. It is running Win 10. Ethernet ok. No networks shown when cursor hovers on wifi symbol. Screen shows airplane mode is off, but light on f12/wifi/airplane mode key stays on red. She has tried all the troubleshooting/diagnostics. All this the same, whether she is on her router, or my router.

On my laptop when I double click on my router in control panel/devices I get some info and options. On her laptop my router is shown but when I double click on it the screen says there are no apps associated with it.

:)

DCMorrisMVTN, Mar 11, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

HP Pavilion laptop wifi problems

Couple of things.

First, I'm almost positive that model of laptop was part of the big HP recall. The cooling was sub-par and the chipset had the problem with the solder failing due to heat.

Second, the WIFI starting to fail was an early sign that the laptop was close to dying.

newtekie1, Mar 11, 2019
  3. No WiFi availablities after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 on my HP laptop

After upgrading my HP laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the WiFi manager no longer lists available broadband connections which was previously working before since I was able to access the Win10 upgrade via the broadband connection. The Hot Spot is working
    fine and is listed correctly using my other Win 10 and UBUNTU based Toshiba laptops. Nothing I try will cause the available WiFi's to list as it did previously before upgrading to Win 10. I have tried everything, but the WiFi manager does not recognize any
    WiFi connections available. The HP laptop is properly showing the WiFi light turning to the blue color from orange as normal but it sees no available connections.

jamesmrivers, Mar 11, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

HP Laptop is running Win10 and wifi just quit.

What is the latest stable build of Win10 ?

Does the Win10 update's "keep my files":
    1.) Remove Firefox Mozilla's saved user+pass list ?
    2.) Remove HP laptop's pre-installed drivers & programs like: HP utility, HP cool sense and such...
    3.) I have also a online-paid MsOffice 2013 and update probably removes it... Do I just pick the serial number and use it again ?

user33331, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

HP Laptop is running Win10 and wifi just quit.

1. HP Laptop is running Win10 and wifi just quit. - Similar Threads - Laptop running Win10

2. HP laptop running Win10 Does Not Display Home wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop running Win10 Does Not Display Home wifi: This laptop connects to my home Wi-Fi network; so network adaptors all work The lt belongs to a friend with limited PC or Windows knowledge. The lt fails to show his Wi-Fi network in the list of those available; yet I’m posting from my iPad on his home Wi-Fi network. I’ve...
  3. HP laptop running Win10 Does Not Display Home wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop running Win10 Does Not Display Home wifi: This laptop connects to my home Wi-Fi network; so network adaptors all work The lt belongs to a friend with limited PC or Windows knowledge. The lt fails to show his Wi-Fi network in the list of those available; yet I’m posting from my iPad on his home Wi-Fi network. I’ve...
  4. HP laptop running Win10 Does Not Display Home wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WIFI NOT WORKING ON HP LAPTOP.

WIFI NOT WORKING ON HP LAPTOP.: Hi. I have an hp stream laptopmodel:14-cb109ca. Two days ago, it suddenly failed to connect to my WIFI. I tried network troubleshooting. sometimes it says driver problem sometimes it says couldn't identify. then i used HP'S support assistant. it said I need a driver but...
  6. Running sdelete -c on HP Win10 laptop

Running sdelete -c on HP Win10 laptop: HI Everyone - getting ready to ship my laptop out for service - and upon research chose to run sdelete -c. I'm 24 hours into this and at 46%. Is this normal? Any other suggestions to prevent personal data from being stolen while it's with other people is greatly appreciated....
  7. Wifi issues on laptop running Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi issues on laptop running Win10: I was given a Panasonic Toughbook CF-31 and am working on getting it up and running. I've installed windows twice (once before and once after a ram and ssd upgrade) and both times I was able to connect to my wifi during the install process to download necessary files for the...
  8. BsoD on win10 hp laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BsoD on win10 hp laptop: Hi, I just experience BSoD on my new hp laptop running Win10 in Spanish. The message is not clear as it says "...We are going to collect information about the error and after it will reboot automatically". The percentage indicated is 0% and has been like that for more than...
  9. Connection Wifi Laptop HP

Connection Wifi Laptop HP: Hi friends, I'm having problems with my Wi-Fi network, the network is connecting. The problem is that suddenly it hangs and I'm out of connection. I reconnect it and after a while it disconnects again. what I do?...
  10. Installation loop. Win10 on HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation loop. Win10 on HP Laptop: Installing Win10 on HP Pavillion 90000 Laptop w/ 2 hard drives. New hard drive (No operating system) was not recognized in first port, moved to 2nd port, works. Now I'm loading Win off a USB flash drive. I get thru complete instillation, prompt reads "Finishing up Must...