Windows 10: HP Laptop it says I have no audio output device and no sound

Discus and support HP Laptop it says I have no audio output device and no sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a HP Laptop that has no sound. It says I have no audio output device installed I am running Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PamelaWhite3, Oct 12, 2018.

1. HP Laptop it says I have no audio output device and no sound

I have a HP Laptop that has no sound. It says I have no audio output device installed I am running Windows 10

:)

PamelaWhite3, Oct 12, 2018

2. The sound icon says "No Audio Output Device Is Installed"

Since the last Windows 10 update I have no sound. (I am assuming this because last week was fine)

The sound icon says "No Audio Output Device Is Installed"

I tried the troubleshooter but AudioPlaybackDiagnostic not working. (A problem ocurred preventing the troubleshooter from working).

In Device Manager/Other Devices;

• Multimedia Audio Controller 'The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28).There are no drivers for this device. Update = no results
    • PCI Simple Communications Controller=same issue
    In Device Manager/ Sound, video and game controllers

• NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (wave extensible)(WDM); Windows cannot verify the digital signature
    • NVidia GeForce 210; This device is working properly
    In Device Manager/ System devices/ High Definition Audio Controller;

• Windows cannot verify the digital signature . This is a Windows driver Ver. 10.0.10586.0 Date; 10/29/2015
    I have uninstalled / installed drivers with no change.

Also; in Control Panel / Devices and Printers, the folder is empty
    but my printers still work. Add a device function = 'No Device Found'

What can I do next? Do I reinstall the free upgrade to Windows 10? If so, how?

Fendermate, Oct 12, 2018
  3. The sound icon says "No Audio Output Device Is Installed"

2 windows upgrades in the past 2 months, both times my audio goes out. frustrating and ready to move to apple. how can this continue to happen? I tried the recovery (per microsoft), no help. tried to uninstall and reinstall the audio driver, no help.

frustratedwmsftx2, Oct 12, 2018
  4. HP Laptop it says I have no audio output device and no sound

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

HP Laptop it says I have no audio output device and no sound

1. HP Laptop it says I have no audio output device and no sound - Similar Threads - Laptop says audio

2. After a recent update, my laptop says Audio Output Device not installed, and I have no...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After a recent update, my laptop says Audio Output Device not installed, and I have no...: After a recent update to my laptop, I have "no Audio Output Device Is installed"...and no sound. What happened and how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-recent-update-my-laptop-says-audio-output/b6913915-295f-42db-a57a-4a2a84db6e56
  3. After a recent update, my laptop says Audio Output Device not installed, and I have no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a recent update, my laptop says Audio Output Device not installed, and I have no...: After a recent update to my laptop, I have "no Audio Output Device Is installed"...and no sound. What happened and how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-recent-update-my-laptop-says-audio-output/b6913915-295f-42db-a57a-4a2a84db6e56
  4. After a recent update, my laptop says Audio Output Device not installed, and I have no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "no audio output device is installed" error message no sound on Dell laptop

"no audio output device is installed" error message no sound on Dell laptop: I recently got a new Dell laptop and my headset that I use for virtual meetings would not connect. I researched this online and I read that I needed to uninstall and reinstall the audio driver. I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver, After this I got this "no audio...
  6. Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.

Bluetooth Device is Recognized As Audio Device but not as a Sound Output Device.: My bluetooth stereo Denon AVR-S510BT is recognized by Windows 10 as an Audio Device. However, its not recognized as a sound output device. I wish to route Windows Media Player, etc to the Bluetooth stereo, but not happening. Advice? Below are snapshots of the Bluetooth...
  7. HP laptop - says there are no audio devices

HP laptop - says there are no audio devices: How to turn on the sound for my hp laptop when says no devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-says-there-are-no-audio-devices/caa2df1f-1c50-40e8-98a4-d16efdbe0328
  8. My audio output devices have disappeared from my HP laptop.

My audio output devices have disappeared from my HP laptop.: I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. My audio output devices have disappeared. Not just no devices installed, but no devices listed in Device Manager. Tried troubleshooting and still no devices found. Tried connecting USB speakers, but those were not detected either....
  9. "no audio device output is installed", i have no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "no audio device output is installed", i have no sound: I cannot get sound from my laptop. It is saying that there is no audio output device I stalled which I've never seen before. I was just watching Netflix and it just stopped. No idea what happened. The diagnostic tests say nothing is there and its frustrating now. I've tried...
  10. Says no audio output device is installed

Says no audio output device is installed: Woke up this morning to find I couldn't use the volume and there was no audio, Says no audio output device is installed. Below was done early in the morning Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Device Configuration Help! How do I get audio back? worked fine yesterday...