Windows 10: HP laptop keeps embedding some hp thing into fresh install.

Discus and support HP laptop keeps embedding some hp thing into fresh install. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been having problems with an hp laptop (unsure of model) of it not booting into windows, so i decided to do a fresh reinstall. After deleting and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by glitchdweller, Oct 20, 2018.

1. HP laptop keeps embedding some hp thing into fresh install.

I've been having problems with an hp laptop (unsure of model) of it not booting into windows, so i decided to do a fresh reinstall. After deleting and formatting all partitions in the installer and installing windows, somehow the boot logo is hp instead of windows 10 logo, and it takes forever getting something ready, i let it sit for over 30 minutes doing that and it was still there, and i have a feeling that whatever the computer is doing to the install with the hp logo thing is causing a problem doing boot. any help with this?

Thanks for any answers!

:)

glitchdweller, Oct 20, 2018
  2. Chino Win User

HP Laptops Shipped with Hidden Keylogger

Michael Myng, more commonly known as ZwClose, was approached by a friend to look into the possibility of controlling the keyboard's backlighting on his HP laptop. Michael was down for the challenge, and his friend sent the Synaptics SynTP.sys file over to him. After analyzing the keyboard driver, he found the sleeping keylogger. The logging function is disabled by default. However, intruders can enable it easily by modifying the registry value through malicious code. Michael reported the issue to HP, and the company released a list of the affected laptop models along with a security patch. The list contains over 400 models from HP's most popular product lines like the EliteBook, ProBook, ZBook, Spectre Pro, ENVY, Pavilion, OMEN - just mention a few. Now that the vulnerability is public, we urge HP laptop owners to install the security patch ASAP. The fix is also available on Windows Update if that's your preferred method.

HP laptop keeps embedding some hp thing into fresh install. AMIuiJrbivZCcN5d_thm.jpg

HP laptop keeps embedding some hp thing into fresh install. WHDM1DCXKVVH6ePu_thm.jpg

HP laptop keeps embedding some hp thing into fresh install. yPUBtijQ5Gthrugg_thm.jpg

Sources: ZwClose, HP

Chino, Oct 20, 2018
  3. PLSG08 Win User
    Re-Installing HP drivers....

Hey guys!

So I just reformatted my Aunt's HP/Compaq Laptop (CQ42-292TX) and now I'm installing the drivers, but it looks like it won't

I've tried downloading and installing the drivers from the HP website, and all of them would just fail. (Even if they finished) Also the Intel driver would just show "This computer does not meet the requirements.." blah blah blah even if there's no driver installed.

the only drivers I need is:

Wi-Fi driver

what I have:
    Graphics Driver (I already have the latest from AMD and Intel...)

the AMD driver would just finish installing but Catalyst won't show up :/

I'll try safe mode

Quick replies and any suggestions are welcome (except setting it to Wumbo)

Thanks!

PLSG08, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

HP laptop keeps embedding some hp thing into fresh install.

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

HP laptop keeps embedding some hp thing into fresh install.

1. HP laptop keeps embedding some hp thing into fresh install. - Similar Threads - laptop keeps embedding

2. New HP Laptop keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New HP Laptop keeps Crashing: Hi, I got a new laptop at work and out of the 7 days I've worked, it has crashed about 9 times. I managed to save my data every time, but I can't keep getting interrupted by surprise like thisHere's my system data and event logsystem dataevent log...
  3. New HP Laptop keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New HP Laptop keeps Crashing: Hi, I got a new laptop at work and out of the 7 days I've worked, it has crashed about 9 times. I managed to save my data every time, but I can't keep getting interrupted by surprise like thisHere's my system data and event logsystem dataevent log...
  4. Hp laptop keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp laptop keeps restarting: I got a new HP laptop on the 30th of November 2022 and ever since then I've not been able to use it. It keeps showing me a lage where I'm to set my preferred language and stuff like that the when I click next it take me to another page that shows 'why did my pc restart? ' and...
  5. Hp laptop keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hp laptop keeps restarting: I got a new HP laptop on the 30th of November 2022 and ever since then I've not been able to use it. It keeps showing me a lage where I'm to set my preferred language and stuff like that the when I click next it take me to another page that shows 'why did my pc restart? ' and...
  6. Hp laptop keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Hp laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp laptop: So I've left my hp laptop for over a month now and when I went to power it on from it being dead its saying boot from disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop/59831820-46d6-4ec2-aea6-b725ca583334
  8. HP Laptop with fresh clean install of Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop with fresh clean install of Win10 Home: I had to do a fresh full install of Win 10 Home 64bit on my HP Laptop Pavilion X360 The install went well and everything is working and now have Win10 Build 19042.928 The only issues are I have a bunch of devices without any drivers. Unable to tell what they are for. Can you...
  9. Fresh install of windows 10 on hp laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of windows 10 on hp laptop: Trying to install windows 10 onto blank m.2 ssd in hp laptop. I have removed the original hdd for the install and it has been formated. The bios is the insydeh20 bios so the settings are not the same as other bios systems and does not have as much adjustability. I am getting...
  10. .HP laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .HP laptop: This is a long story , i am running a system restore as so many things went wrong today .The system restore has been running for one and a half hours. My keyboard has stopped some of the keys working. This is on my iPad btw. There is a small black oblong in all my...