Windows 10: HP laptop lost everything, any way to get it back?

Discus and support HP laptop lost everything, any way to get it back? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My HP laptop lost everything. The only thing I can get it to do is display build information. Anyway to get windows 10 back without buying another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by WayneBarclay1, May 13, 2020.

1. HP laptop lost everything, any way to get it back?

My HP laptop lost everything. The only thing I can get it to do is display build information. Anyway to get windows 10 back without buying another windows 10 download? It's a 2017 HP Stream Laptop 14-ax0XX

:)

WayneBarclay1, May 13, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, May 13, 2020
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, May 13, 2020
  4. HP laptop lost everything, any way to get it back?

HP laptop with Windows 10 lost; How to locate it?

*Original Title: lost laptop running on windows 10

Hello, i just lost my HP laptop Running on windows 10 what is the easy way to locate it

i will be grateful for any help

thank you

NABAASA ANDREW, May 13, 2020
Thema:

HP laptop lost everything, any way to get it back?

1. HP laptop lost everything, any way to get it back? - Similar Threads - laptop lost everything

2. LOST EVERYTHING ON MY HP LAP TOP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    LOST EVERYTHING ON MY HP LAP TOP: Hi, the laptop was slow so it was reset to three days ago and now I get nothing on it except blue background with "automatic repair". Click on restart and says "Device ran into a problem and will restart" come back up with same "Automatic repair". I can not get into anything,...
  3. Any way to get my files back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to get my files back?: So my windows.old file is missing. All it had was some photos. I don’t Remeber deleting it and it’s not in my trash. I read somewhere that it’s automatically deleted after 28 days, which would make sense because I reinstalled windows sometime in December. So any way to get my...
  4. Any way to get my files back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to get my files back?: So my windows.old file is missing. All it had was some photos. I don’t Remeber deleting it and it’s not in my trash. I read somewhere that it’s automatically deleted after 28 days, which would make sense because I reinstalled windows sometime in December. So any way to get my...
  5. Any way to bring back this kind of lost folder and files inside it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to bring back this kind of lost folder and files inside it?: This is a terrible feature I guess in Windows.I had several important photos that I cut pasted from my camera I regret that I didn't copy it to a new folder I created in my laptop. Here's the process and what happened:1. I created a New Folder, named it "Photos"2. Cut pasted...
  6. Any way to bring back this kind of lost folder and files inside it?

Any way to bring back this kind of lost folder and files inside it?: This is a terrible feature I guess in Windows.I had several important photos that I cut pasted from my camera I regret that I didn't copy it to a new folder I created in my laptop. Here's the process and what happened:1. I created a New Folder, named it "Photos"2. Cut pasted...
  7. Is there any way to get flash player back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to get flash player back?: So we have struck an issue with 10 users in our company where IBM datastage app requires flash player to be installed (I know right). The windows updates removed flash for these users, Is there anyway bar a system restore or complete re-image to restore flash in anyway? :-(...
  8. Laptop restart-lost everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restart-lost everything: Hi, The other day my laptop froze, so i left it for around 12 hours, but it was still froze after that time. So i pressed the power button for longer to try and turn it off but it restarted my whole laptop. I have lost all of my documents, pictures etc, everything. To make...
  9. Any way to get active window borders back?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to get active window borders back?: Up to v1709 (or 1803, not sure, skipped that one) active windows had a 1px border all around, making it easy to see them. Example: [img] From v1809 (or 1803, not sure...) and up the border is gone. Example: [img] While activating "accent colors" is a work around, it...
  10. Any way to get metro apps back?

Any way to get metro apps back?: I loved the metro apps, and then Microsoft got rid of them. Is there any way to get those back? 4264