Windows 10: HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!

Discus and support HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I need your expertise, since I did something stupid by bringing my HP laptop to a tech at ubreakifix. I had some update from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nikki55LM, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Nikki55LM Win User

HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!

Split from this thread. I need your expertise, since I did something stupid by bringing my HP laptop to a tech at ubreakifix. I had some update from Windows 10, next thing I know, a blue screen with a sad character does not let me past the hp black screen with a spinwheel. Since it is just a little over warranty I brought it to Bestbuy, thinking it is faster than if I try anything myself. They were busy and recommended the franchise shop. I had HDD drive pull and Windows 10 re-installed according to the shop. Same evening I tried to restore my subscription software , and HP suite. I notic

:)

Nikki55LM, Jul 7, 2022
  2. WXC
    WXC Win User

Shopping for a new Laptop: Suggestions on Manufacturers? HP or Dell?

Jesse,

As I'm sure you are aware, the cost of everything is through the roof.

Only a suggestion... check around at local pawn shops. You just might stumble onto something you can live with. *Wink

Good luck.

3. Bree Win User
    Shopping for a new Laptop: Suggestions on Manufacturers? HP or Dell?

That is a really tight budget, almost certainly meaning you'd have to go for a used machine. Beware, eBay can be a minefield for the unwary, too many crooks out there trying to fleece you.

Here in the UK my 'supplier of choice' is Cash Converters, a pawn shop chain with an online shop and a 14-day 'no questions asked' returns policy. $150 is about £107, and at that price range there are very few suitable HPs available. Steer clear of the Stream models, they often have soldered in eMMC drives, typically no larger than 64GB (some were 32GB).

I can find some reasonably acceptable machines available in that price range though, such as this HP Pavilion Laptop - 8GB Ram 1TB HDD AMD A8 With Charger - £109.99. Unfortunately it's for UK delivery only, so doesn't really help you *Sad

Bree, Jul 7, 2022
  4. HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!

Laptop Repair

googling the laptop and hitting shopping shows only one place other than ebay to buy it. The one on ebay is listed at $104 and the one at a site that accepts paypal was $179 for a new one.

sneekypeet, Jul 7, 2022
Thema:

HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!

1. HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help! - Similar Threads - laptop messed repair

2. HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!: Split from this thread. I need your expertise, since I did something stupid by bringing my HP laptop to a tech at ubreakifix. I had some update from Windows 10, next thing I know, a blue screen with a sad character does not let me past the hp black screen with a spinwheel....
  3. HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop messed up by repair shop, please help!: Split from this thread. I need your expertise, since I did something stupid by bringing my HP laptop to a tech at ubreakifix. I had some update from Windows 10, next thing I know, a blue screen with a sad character does not let me past the hp black screen with a spinwheel....
  4. HP messed up by repair shop, please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP messed up by repair shop, please help!: Split from this thread. I need your expertise, since I did something stupid by bringing my HP laptop to a tech at ubreakifix. I had some update from Windows 10, next thing I know, a blue screen with a sad character does not let me past the hp black screen with a spinwheel....
  5. HP messed up by repair shop, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP messed up by repair shop, please help!: Split from this thread. Hello Greg, I need your expertise, since I did something stupid by bringing my HP laptop to a tech at ubreakifix. I had some update from Windows 10, next thing I know, a blue screen with a sad character does not let me past the hp black screen with a...
  6. HP messed up by repair shop, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP messed up by repair shop, please help!: Split from this thread. Hello Greg, I need your expertise, since I did something stupid by bringing my HP laptop to a tech at ubreakifix. I had some update from Windows 10, next thing I know, a blue screen with a sad character does not let me past the hp black screen with a...
  7. HP messed up by repair shop, please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I messed up. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up. Please help!: I had one user account on my Windows 10 and i wanted to change the User folder name. So following this tutorial, https://youtu.be/XASJTN8Sr1I , Created a temporary user account with administrative privileges and signed into it. Went to the registry editor and changed the...
  9. Please help, everything is messed up

Please help, everything is messed up: Ok so I’ve had this problem for a long time and I’m finally done with putting up with it, I need to fix it, please if you have a solution say it! Here is my problems: 1.) Cannot open Microsoft Store and any Microsoft store apps 2.) Cannot open Settings and no type of...
  10. Please Help Display Is Messed Up

Please Help Display Is Messed Up: I have a very old monitor that I use as my second and recently I broke the adapter for it so I bought a new one, now its messed up. The monitor itself is 1600x1200 but that isnt an option in the resolution settings anymore. I tried every single resolution setting that was...