Windows 10: HP laptop - multiple BSODs

Discus and support HP laptop - multiple BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs0021na, (Intel i3, 8GB, 128GB SSD) running Windows 10 Home, which exhibits the following characteristics: On startup,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Xlrtech, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Xlrtech Win User

HP laptop - multiple BSODs

I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs0021na, (Intel i3, 8GB, 128GB SSD) running Windows 10 Home, which exhibits the following characteristics:

• On startup, occasionally completes boot, but within 5 minutes, BSODs. with a random error, e.g. Page Fault, IRQL not equal, Memory Management and so on.
    • Repeated attempts to reboot then fail with more random BSODs
    • Rarely, it will attempt a Startup Repair which will invariably fail with another BSOD.
    • Wiping the hard disk and attempting to install a clean version of the OS (downloaded from Microsoft using Media Creation Tool to USB stick) will get a little way into the process, then fail with BSOD as above.

What Ive done:

• Attempted clean install as above.
    • Run multiple hardware tests on Memory and SSD - HPs built-in tests, Memtest86, Seagate disk tools. All tests pass with no errors.
    • Updated BIOS from Insyde F.04 to F.22 (HP supplied).
    • Repeated clean install, same result.

I have now run out of ideas, and am at a loss to understand what is causing these errors. How are BSODs generated if no Windows installation is present? Is it likely that a hardware component other than RAM or the SSD is causing these?

Any and all suggestions will be much appreciated.

:)

Xlrtech, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Oct 18, 2020
  3. RKebi Win User
    HP ENVY 6032 - can't find it through the laptop

Bought a HP printer have set it up and tried all the steps that hp says to set it up.

I set it up through my phone but when trying to add it to my laptop it doesn't exost on the wifi.

I have run hp diagnostic and fix but even that software can't find the printer through the laptop.

I reset the printer, laptop and router multiple times but the laptop cannot find the printer.

I've even tried finding it through the IP address.

Can anyone help me by suggesting what else I can try?

RKebi, Oct 18, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. HP laptop - multiple BSODs - Similar Threads - laptop multiple BSODs

2. BSOD HP 250 G4 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD HP 250 G4 Laptop: I tried updating my HP laptop from windows 7 to windows 10. Worked fine then windows tried to make many new updates. Crashed and the blue screen of death PNP detected fatal error. I checked the driver and memory. Everything passed. I had to do a factory reset and it wouldn’t...
  3. BSOD HP 250 G4 Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD HP 250 G4 Laptop: I tried updating my HP laptop from windows 7 to windows 10. Worked fine then windows tried to make many new updates. Crashed and the blue screen of death PNP detected fatal error. I checked the driver and memory. Everything passed. I had to do a factory reset and it wouldn’t...
  4. Multiple BSODs every day. Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs every day. Laptop.: I will break this post up into sections for easy digestion. The "culprits" of the crashes, the errors they cause, the steps I've taken to try to figure it out or fix it, and my system specs. Any information or help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated!Multiple...
  5. Multiple BSODs every day. Laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs every day. Laptop.: I will break this post up into sections for easy digestion. The "culprits" of the crashes, the errors they cause, the steps I've taken to try to figure it out or fix it, and my system specs. Any information or help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated!Multiple...
  6. Multiple BSODs every day. Laptop.

7. Laptop Multiple BSOD!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Multiple BSOD!: Hello everyonei bought a Lenovo ideapad 3 gaming laptop back in june, use it mainly for being away with work, i went abroad a month ago and got some BSOD's with the code Graphics External or something similar, tried uninstalling and updating drivers for intel and nvidia...
  8. Frequent BSOD Errors on HP laptop

Frequent BSOD Errors on HP laptop: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000013a 0x0000000000000012, 0xffffe40924002100, 0xffffe4093b0bb000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 4021aecb-de61-4a7d-a06d-8643257b6302 HP ProBook 450 G3 Windows 10...
  9. BsoD on win10 hp laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BsoD on win10 hp laptop: Hi, I just experience BSoD on my new hp laptop running Win10 in Spanish. The message is not clear as it says "...We are going to collect information about the error and after it will reboot automatically". The percentage indicated is 0% and has been like that for more than...
  10. BSOD with multiple error codes on HP Spectre360/Win10

BSOD with multiple error codes on HP Spectre360/Win10: Hi - First post here. I have been experiencing the BSOD randomly for many months. Sent the computer to HP with no resolution. I am not a gamer like many others who post - I get the BSOD doing simple things like MS Word and basic web browsing. In addition, MS Word and all web...