Windows 10: HP laptop no power function after Windows10 update

Discus and support HP laptop no power function after Windows10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday I was prompted to update Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion g6. I started the process and the first message on the screen stated the progress for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnDownes1, Mar 3, 2019.

1. HP laptop no power function after Windows10 update

Yesterday I was prompted to update Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion g6. I started the process and the first message on the screen stated the progress for configuring. After some time, I checked the screen again and it was at 86% complete for the update. I left the computer running, plugged into the charger and went to bed.

Today i I noticed that the screen was black, and the computer shut itself off after updating was finished, or so I presume. No one touched the laptop until I tried to boot it up this afternoon. When I pressed the power button, nothing happened. The power light on the laptop doesn't light up, and no processes begin whatsoever. Holding the power button down doesn't do anything, nor does pressing it multiple times. Windows 10 update seems to have killed my laptop. Now what do I do?

:)

JohnDownes1, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Mar 3, 2019
  4. HP laptop no power function after Windows10 update

Issues with the computer power hp support assistant and windows update in Windows10

Hi Tina,

I understand the inconvenience caused regarding the shutting down of computer and issues with hp support assistant, and also windows updates. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. When you say “issues with hp support assistant” what is the exact issue are you referring to?

3. Are you getting any error code or error message?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running the Power Troubleshooter to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter
    Further you can try creating a new power plan according to your preference. Refer the link below for more details on Power Plans.

Power Plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

(Steps in the article, applies to Windows 10).

Method 2:
    Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

HP laptop no power function after Windows10 update

1. HP laptop no power function after Windows10 update - Similar Threads - laptop power function

2. My windows10 inflected in my HP laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My windows10 inflected in my HP laptop: Someone chat with me and help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows10-inflected-in-my-hp-laptop/9be15d69-384a-47a1-851a-b7e5d729d0c8
  3. Laptop will not power on after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop will not power on after update: Ok Saturday 4 days ago I backed up my laptop and restored it back to factory default to hopefully correct some issues with speed and low storage. Afterwards it worked great. Then on Monday it started notifying me that it needed an update and was again low on storage. I set it...
  4. My laptop is not charging after updating with windows10 refresh

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop is not charging after updating with windows10 refresh: I have read every article and done every recommended idea but nothing has worked. My battery worked before the Windows 10 Refresh but after the reset it does not. I have used the trouble shooting tool, deleted the drivers, powered the laptop off and removed the battery,...
  5. The Search function in Windows10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Search function in Windows10?: The Search icon at the left hand side of the bottom tray doesn't work for finding documents on my PC. How do I find documents on the PC with Windows10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-search-function-in-windows10/60b0e6d5-0e84-4eb2-9663-867954987e1d
  6. DEVICES NOT FUNCTIONAL IN MY HP LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DEVICES NOT FUNCTIONAL IN MY HP LAPTOP: 1. My HD Webcam camera has stopped working showing error 0XA00F4244<NocameraAttached> 2. After restarting several times my USB can't update drivers, what do I do?...
  7. Windows10 after power outage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 after power outage: After a power outage, my Windows10 will not reboot properly. I have a back screen with a few limited icons. Recovery under Settings does not eliminate the problem. I cannot access any of my working files. Can anyone help advise please?...
  8. Changing Key Function on HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Key Function on HP Laptop: Somehow (%!**) the key for the @ sign on my HP laptop has shifted from the correct location to another key. Can anyong help me get it back to where it should be (i.e. on the '2' key? Thanks...
  9. hp envy laptop won't power on after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hp envy laptop won't power on after update: My company hp envy laptop wont power on at all after the last windows 10 update. Have done all the suggestions. Checked power cord, held power button in for 15 seconds(several times). Laptop was updating and taking forever. Went to bed when it was at 27%. Kept it plugged...
  10. HP 15 laptop won't power on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP 15 laptop won't power on: Hello, I recently pulled out my HP 15 laptop that I have not used in a few months(laptop is 5ish years old). Last time I used it was about 4 months ago when I reinstalled Windows 10 on it and it worked fine. Today it booted normally when I hit the power button but took a...