Windows 10: HP laptop not accepting audio input.

Discus and support HP laptop not accepting audio input. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For some reason my HP laptop doesn't allow any audio input, using the built-in mic doesn't work and if I connect headphones the mic doesn't work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Freshby69, May 27, 2020.

1. Freshby69 Win User

HP laptop not accepting audio input.

For some reason my HP laptop doesn't allow any audio input, using the built-in mic doesn't work and if I connect headphones the mic doesn't work. I have tried reinstalling audio drivers and that did not fix the problem, I also have my mic enabled in the privacy settings so I know that is not the problem. I'm pretty sure this is a software issue because my headphones mic works on other devices. Thanks in advance.

:)

Freshby69, May 27, 2020

2. audio input

Hi Nico,

Damaged hardware or incompatible driver are some of the possible causes why you are experiencing an issue the audio input on your device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you using an external audio input device? If yes, what is the make and model of the audio input device you are using as microphone?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer settings before this issue happened?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for audio issue. Visit this link,
    click on Find and fix problems recording sounds and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 27, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 27, 2020
  4. HP laptop not accepting audio input.

Remote device doesn’t detect audio input

The problem that the audio input of my laptop is not visible by the remote computer. I did troubleshooting steps such as checked settings, group policy, remote desktop services. No problem. But it remote audio device isn’t picking up input from my
    mic.

Crystal Richards1, May 27, 2020
Thema:

HP laptop not accepting audio input.

1. HP laptop not accepting audio input. - Similar Threads - laptop accepting audio

2. My computer wont accept any input audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer wont accept any input audio: Yesterday my headphones were working fine, but when I got back on my computer today, they no longer showed any input audio and my friend couldn't hear me. I tried a different pair of headphones and my airpods but neither worked. I could still hear things but I couldn't talk....
  3. My computer wont accept any input audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer wont accept any input audio: Yesterday my headphones were working fine, but when I got back on my computer today, they no longer showed any input audio and my friend couldn't hear me. I tried a different pair of headphones and my airpods but neither worked. I could still hear things but I couldn't talk....
  4. My computer wont accept any input audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input: I have an application that wants live speech input from a microphone.My system setup includes a preamp that raises the output of a headset microphone to standard line level.The program is looking only for a "microphone" input, and can not see my line level as an input.How can...
  6. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input: I have an application that wants live speech input from a microphone.My system setup includes a preamp that raises the output of a headset microphone to standard line level.The program is looking only for a "microphone" input, and can not see my line level as an input.How can...
  7. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...: I was in a Discord call when suddenly, nothing would accept audio input from either of my 2 headsets or my webcam that has a microphone.This is the 2nd time I have faced this issue and I assumed that my original headset was just broken.But now the same issue has happened to...
  9. Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...

Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...: I was in a Discord call when suddenly, nothing would accept audio input from either of my 2 headsets or my webcam that has a microphone.This is the 2nd time I have faced this issue and I assumed that my original headset was just broken.But now the same issue has happened to...
  10. Laptop Input audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Input audio device: I do not appear to have any audio input devices available. This is shown in the Settings page under Sound. How can I add an audio input device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-input-audio-device/5740b77b-88c5-4579-b547-581e43247808