Windows 10: HP laptop not booting up?

Discus and support HP laptop not booting up? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everybody I was just trying to turn on my laptop. Unfortunately, it won't boot. The fan runs like crazy and is totally loud, but the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Guidoooooo, Aug 1, 2020.

1. HP laptop not booting up?

Hello everybody

I was just trying to turn on my laptop. Unfortunately, it won't boot. The fan runs like crazy and is totally loud, but the screen stays black. When I press the off button again nothing happens. Does anyone have any idea what you can do? The laptop is still pretty new and it would be a real pity if it is already broken.

Thanks for your help

Guidoooooo

:)

Guidoooooo, Aug 1, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 1, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, Aug 1, 2020
  4. HP laptop not booting up?

HP Laptop Black Screen on boot

i tried booting with a win 10 disc and the HP usb but still nothing....esc, f2, 10, 11 does nothing on boot

shagadelic45, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

HP laptop not booting up?

1. HP laptop not booting up? - Similar Threads - laptop booting

2. Windows 10 laptop won't boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 laptop won't boot up: My windows 10 laptop won't start.I restart it wont allow me to restore pc or any of the other options except comand prompt so i typed bootrec/rebuidbcd and it says i have one windows 10 installation but when i press yes it says cannot create a file that already exist. No...
  3. Windows 10 laptop won't boot up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 laptop won't boot up: My windows 10 laptop won't start.E i restart it wont allow me to restore pc or any of the other options except comand prompt so i typed bootrec/rebuidbcd and it says i have one windows 10 installation but when i press yes it says cannot create a file that already exist. No...
  4. My windows 10 laptop not able to boot, showing blue screen stop code error as " critical...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 laptop not able to boot, showing blue screen stop code error as " critical...: [IMG][IMG] I have tried several options to fix this. Nothing works it keeps coming up and system won't able to boot. I have tried 'chkdsk C : " command. But it won't work. Is there any fix? Other than a reinstall OS ....
  5. Laptop won't boot past several BSODs.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop won't boot past several BSODs.: Hello! My laptop has been in a bootloop for a while now. It shows these BSODs whenever I try to open my laptop: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED CRYPTO_LIBRARY_INTERNAL_ERROR 0xc000021a Whenever I open my laptop, one of these BSODs appear and then either restart or shut down by...
  6. My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly: I own a Dell XPS13 with windows 10, and whenever I try to boot it up, I just get the black screen with the dell logo.I have to hold down the power button to shut off, then turn it on again. When I do this, I get the same black screen, but with a loading circle below it. Then...
  7. I changed my user account name and now my laptop is unable to boot up.

I changed my user account name and now my laptop is unable to boot up.: C:\users\susan\ I didn't like my name was incomplete, it was "susan" insted of "susanta" in users folder. So i searched on internet to how to change it. What I did: Win + r, searched "netplwiz", opened up a window called User Accounts, I select on the the only...
  8. Laptop won't boot after blue screen, what to do?

Laptop won't boot after blue screen, what to do?: Hello Community! I have an HP laptop. Tonight we watched the 7:00 p.m. tonight on Firefox. After about 15 minutes the blue screen "The PC has detected an error and needs to be restarted. After 15 minutes nothing happened, still at 0%. Then I turned it off and on again....
  9. Cannot boot laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot boot laptop.: Ive just restarted my lenovo laptop and now it wont turn back on. I see the white dots going around and around. All the led lights on my keyboard have turned off except my power button. I have alot of stuff do on my laptop right now and i need a fix please help....
  10. a program deleted my boot manager on the laptop, how to proceed best (Windows 10)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a program deleted my boot manager on the laptop, how to proceed best (Windows 10)?: I have taken the hard drive out, plugged it into another laptop and removed the program, how do I get the hard drive to work without losing my settings? is it enough to just download the boot file somewhere? With Windows 7 during a new installation the files were moved to...