Windows 10: HP laptop not detecting new wifi connections.

Discus and support HP laptop not detecting new wifi connections. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've got an HP Envy. I recently added a wifi extender and the HP is unable to detect it or my wireless printer never could. Every other device in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Geoff10A, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Geoff10A Win User

HP laptop not detecting new wifi connections.

I've got an HP Envy. I recently added a wifi extender and the HP is unable to detect it or my wireless printer never could. Every other device in the house has no problem detecting or connecting to either. It has no problem with the main router connection, it connects there easily . It just doesn't recognize any other available wifi connections. My other laptop and phone show 4 other connections available including my printer. I've:

1. rebooted the extender, the laptop and the main router.

2. gone into the extender and it is broadcasting it's ssid.

3. updated the adapter drivers only one needed updating

4. tried it with my network settings on both public and private.

5. run the troubleshooter with no issues found.

6. set the network settings to search for other connections while connected.

7. tried to manually connect to the extender via network manager

Nothing works. Any ideas

TIA,

Geoff

:)

Geoff10A, Aug 22, 2020

2. hp laptop not detecting wifi after win 10 download

has anyone experienced this problem of losing wifi drivers after installing win 10, have had no help at all from Microsoft tech support and hp support did not help either , my hp laptop does not detect wifi but if I plug in ethernet cable the internet connection is sporadic any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

lostinspace, Aug 22, 2020
  3. txstoby Win User
    Laptop loses wifi connection and often is difficult to connect.

My HP laptop running windows Ten has developed and annoying habit of losing the wifi connection. Often times it will not reconnect or it takes multiple attempts to get it connected. Many times, I can be right next to the router or to the personal hot spot and it will still not connect.
    Many times rebooting will allow me to reconnect, but it is happening multiple times in a day. Any suggestions?

txstoby, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. HP laptop not detecting new wifi connections. - Similar Threads - laptop detecting wifi

2. Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection: Acer Asus gaming laptop won’t detect new networks. Connects to old ones just fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-detect-new-wifi-connection/a04265ce-6292-4ecc-b915-ddc81d48e09a
  3. Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection: Acer Asus gaming laptop won’t detect new networks. Connects to old ones just fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-detect-new-wifi-connection/a04265ce-6292-4ecc-b915-ddc81d48e09a
  4. Laptop won’t detect new WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop: Hello, I recently moved and got set up with a new ISP. My phone and chromebook were both able to detect and connect to the new wifi network without any issue. However, although my Windows 10 laptop can connect to the internet using an ethernet cable the wifi doesn't even show...
  6. Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop: Hello, I recently moved and got set up with a new ISP. My phone and chromebook were both able to detect and connect to the new wifi network without any issue. However, although my Windows 10 laptop can connect to the internet using an ethernet cable the wifi doesn't even show...
  7. Problem connecting or even detecting new wifi network on WIndows 10 laptop

8. No WiFi connections detected on laptop

No WiFi connections detected on laptop: Hi, I am just having some trouble with my laptop, because when I open the network bar, it shows no Wi-Fi networks show at all, I can't even turn off or on the Wi-Fi, it is frustrating me quite a lot. Here are my specs: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz...
  9. Connection Wifi Laptop HP

Connection Wifi Laptop HP: Hi friends, I'm having problems with my Wi-Fi network, the network is connecting. The problem is that suddenly it hangs and I'm out of connection. I reconnect it and after a while it disconnects again. what I do?...
  10. HP laptop now will not connect to wifi.

HP laptop now will not connect to wifi.: I have another computer that connects easily to the wifi. I do not know how to troubleshoot the problem. Please advise. 73851