Windows 10: HP Laptop Not Going to Sleep

Discus and support HP Laptop Not Going to Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I replaced a mechanical HDD with an SSD in an HP 15t-n200, and reinstalled windows. When the computer tries to go to sleep the screen turns off, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BluePuffinC, Feb 14, 2019.

1. HP Laptop Not Going to Sleep

I replaced a mechanical HDD with an SSD in an HP 15t-n200, and reinstalled windows. When the computer tries to go to sleep the screen turns off, but the status lights remain on. Usually when it goes to sleep they flash, and the only way to get the computer to respond is to hold down the power key until it is off. It is almost like it is in some in-between state of on and asleep. The fan continues to run but the screen is off, and none of the keys or trackpad respond. I have tried a few different solutions I have found online, but none of them have worked. I have tried disabling hibernation mode and also changing the power settings, but still nothing. This sleep problem does not happen every time, usually right after a reboot it goes to sleep just fine. I can't figure out what the problem could be.

:)

BluePuffinC, Feb 14, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Laptop going to sleep when i play games

Hi Sammy,

There may be some issues with your settings that lead to this problem when you play games on the laptop. Kindly answer these questions so we can help you with your concern:

• Do you get any errors when you start the device again?
    • Did the issue start after applying changes or installing updates on your laptop?
    • Does the problem happen when the device is plugged in to a power source?

To know how you can check if updates were installed on your device, go to
    this page

Let's review the Power & sleep settings to further identify the problem. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Go to Power & sleep.
    • See if any of the current settings enable Sleep when using your laptop.

You can also run the Power Troubleshooter to get more details about the issue. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Power and allow the troubleshooter to run.

Let us know if you find anything.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 14, 2019
  3. antzshrek Win User
    Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, Feb 14, 2019
  4. HP Laptop Not Going to Sleep

hp laptop with window 10 keeps going to sleep after only a minute

hp laptop with window 10 keeps going to sleep after only a , How do I change that?

Denise Elling, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

HP Laptop Not Going to Sleep

1. HP Laptop Not Going to Sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop Going Sleep

2. Laptop not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not going to sleep: I have just completed a full/clean re-install Win10 Pro 64Bit 21H1 (Pro vers installed as per the Windows key associated with the laptop) of my elderly father in-laws laptop after he was hacked on Tuesday. The hackers tried to steal some money from his bank A/C (blocked by...
  3. Laptop won't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't go to sleep: Whenever I close the lid or manually tell my laptop to go to sleep the screen turns off but the computer is still running. The only way to turn it off is to hard press the power button and force it to shut down. If I start my pc in safe mode the same problem appears. Here...
  4. HP laptop won't sleep!

HP laptop won't sleep!: I bought a HP 2 in 1 laptop recently. The laptop works completely fine, but whenever i close the lid or press the power button or click on sleep mode, the screen dims out for a sec and then comes back right up. I tried changing the settings a few times but nothing seems to...
  5. HP Laptop Hibernates after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Hibernates after sleep: I have set my HP 250 G7 to sleep after 30 minutes when plugged in but after a couple of hours it switches to hibernate. I am not sure when this started happening eg after a BIOS update or Windows update to 1909 but it never used to do this it would remain in sleep mode and I...
  6. HP laptop won't sleep or screen won't go off

HP laptop won't sleep or screen won't go off: I have an HP laptop everything was working fine then I moved the laptop outside for a few minuets now it won't sleep and the screen won't go off. I have checked the settings as per this forum, tried setting to factory specs, restarted , but nothing seems to work. What have...
  7. Sleep issue on HP laptop

Sleep issue on HP laptop: Laptop keeps going to sleep in every 5 minutes or so after doing the system recovery and upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7. I changed the sleep options in power setting but it didn't help. It is really annoying and distracting. How can I fix this problem?...
  8. Laptop randomly going to sleep

Laptop randomly going to sleep: Hi, my laptop has been having a problem where it is randomly going to sleep. Everything else seemed to work fine until recently the hard drive became very slow and glitchy for while, and things started crashing repeatedly etc, but only happened temporarily which led me to...
  9. Laptop keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop keeps going to sleep: I have an HP 8540 laptop. I have the power settings set to high performance and all the options to go to sleep when plugged in are set to off/no. HOWEVER, it keeps going to sleep even when things like a download is running. There r a few things like my 3D printer program...
  10. HP laptop sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop sleep mode: Hi - Just installed Win10 on my 4 yr old HP G60535D. Now I have have to re-boot everytime I shut the lid. *Shock Played around with power settings, etc etc but no love. When I first open the lid, I can hear the computer running, a slight mechanical burp of some sort, then...