Windows 10: HP Laptop not operating now

Discus and support HP Laptop not operating now in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, hope some one can help ? We have a older HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 10. It is a slow computer, any thing we want to do on it takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RossWilliamson, Mar 30, 2020.

1. HP Laptop not operating now

Hi all, hope some one can help ? We have a older HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 10. It is a slow computer, any thing we want to do on it takes ages, that is why we will be updating once our lockdown is over.

In the meantime I did a system restore recently and that was still going after 6 hours so pulled the plug only to discover that we can't get in to Windows and all other apps, just get a blank screen after HP shows on start up. The only checks I can do is on start up where I push Esc or F11 to get to CMD or programmes to run checks, Ihave done various troubleshoots plus CMD tests to no avail. Computer will start and that as far as we get, so can't get in to drivers or any other devices to check, Windows doesn't show at all ?

:)

RossWilliamson, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Unable to share screen to TV, HP laptop PC - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how frustrating it could be and we truly appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work on this issue. However, we would need some information regarding the issue.

1. Could you please let us know the complete model of HP laptop that you using?
    2. Which build of Windows 10 are you currently on? You can refer to Which Windows operating system
      am I running?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to refer
    HP PCs - Sharing Your Screen Using Miracast (Windows 10)
    and try the steps mentioned in the article and check if it resolve the issue.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Mar 30, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

HP Laptop not operating now

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

HP Laptop not operating now

1. HP Laptop not operating now - Similar Threads - Laptop operating

2. All of the sudden Laptop operates very poorly when connected to external laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All of the sudden Laptop operates very poorly when connected to external laptop: Hello,I have a Laptop 2020 Dell G5 15 Gaming Laptop: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 512GB SSD, 15.6" 144Hz Full HD Display, AMD Radeon RX 5600M, 16Gb RAM which I primarily use for gaming. I’ve been plugging it into an external monitor LG 27BL650C-B via usb cable for the past 3 years or...
  3. All of the sudden Laptop operates very poorly when connected to external laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of the sudden Laptop operates very poorly when connected to external laptop: Hello,I have a Laptop 2020 Dell G5 15 Gaming Laptop: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 512GB SSD, 15.6" 144Hz Full HD Display, AMD Radeon RX 5600M, 16Gb RAM which I primarily use for gaming. I’ve been plugging it into an external monitor LG 27BL650C-B via usb cable for the past 3 years or...
  4. All of the sudden Laptop operates very poorly when connected to external laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recommendations for S/W to remote operate Windows 11 PC with Windows 11 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recommendations for S/W to remote operate Windows 11 PC with Windows 11 Laptop: This has just been sprung on me, so I haven’t had time to do independent research. An injury is going to prevent me from accessing my home office for a month or so. I am going to acquire a Win 11 laptop to use in the interim. I have great Wifi throughout the house.Looking for...
  6. Recommendations for S/W to remote operate Windows 11 PC with Windows 11 Laptop

Recommendations for S/W to remote operate Windows 11 PC with Windows 11 Laptop: This has just been sprung on me, so I haven’t had time to do independent research. An injury is going to prevent me from accessing my home office for a month or so. I am going to acquire a Win 11 laptop to use in the interim. I have great Wifi throughout the house.Looking for...
  7. RE: HP Stream Laptop w/ Windows 10 S- I believe that I deleted my entire operating system...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RE: HP Stream Laptop w/ Windows 10 S- I believe that I deleted my entire operating system...: I believe that I deleted my entire operating system on this laptop. Stating no storage when I ran the UEFI Diagnostic. Any ideas or help * Changed to a question* Original title: RE: HP Stream Laptop w/Microsoft 365 Windows 10 S...
  8. How to fix a laptop missing an Operating System and diver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a laptop missing an Operating System and diver: I have an HP Stream 14 ax0xx laptop that is missing an operating system, I have downloaded windows onto a USBbootable device and when i plug it into the laptop the next screen in to install windows but then it says it's missing a driver. How can i fix this?...
  9. How to fix a laptop missing an Operating System and diver

How to fix a laptop missing an Operating System and diver: I have an HP Stream 14 ax0xx laptop that is missing an operating system, I have downloaded windows onto a USBbootable device and when i plug it into the laptop the next screen in to install windows but then it says it's missing a driver. How can i fix this?...
  10. How to fix a laptop missing an Operating System and diver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware