Windows 10: HP Laptop not starting

Discus and support HP Laptop not starting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an HP 6475B. It was working fine until recently. Now when I switch on, I get the Windows logo and a message that it's repairing - then gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by janey6, May 25, 2021.

1. janey6 Win User

HP Laptop not starting

I have an HP 6475B. It was working fine until recently. Now when I switch on, I get the Windows logo and a message that it's repairing - then gets nowhere. I have a USB to reinstall Windows 10 but it isn't much good until the machine has loaded. Any advice would be appreciated. Windows 10 Home installed

:)

janey6, May 25, 2021
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, May 25, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, May 25, 2021
  4. HP Laptop not starting

Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, May 25, 2021
Thema:

HP Laptop not starting

1. HP Laptop not starting - Similar Threads - Laptop starting

2. My Samsung laptop start and immediately shuts down after recent update to windows 10 2020

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Samsung laptop start and immediately shuts down after recent update to windows 10 2020: My Samsung laptop start and immediately shuts down after recent update to windows 10 2020. Although i can see the manufacturer's logo.But any keys boot keys f2,f10 or anything is not working....
  3. About auto pressing of j/7 key automatically while laptop start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    About auto pressing of j/7 key automatically while laptop start: When I start my laptop having window 10, it start along with autopressing of j/7 key itself with out physical touch.when i try to enter the pin to sign in my laptop the j/7 key use to be alway on auto pressing mode and doesnt let me to write the pin. But during the auto...
  4. IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_TO_OR_LESS and laptop wont start now

IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_TO_OR_LESS and laptop wont start now: Hey guys. My Lenovo Ideapad s145 just froze while i was using it. Then the BSOD showed up error code IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_TO_OR_LESS and I held the power button not letting it restart automatically probably my fault , that's just what i always do with blue screens. And now the...
  5. My laptop starts performing very slowly all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop starts performing very slowly all of a sudden: I have a pretty basic laptop ill provide specs if needed that runs well most of the time, i get around 120 fps in games of my choice and i havent been having problems so farBut starting around March, sometimes, my computer performance seems to dip by about 50%. Its random...
  6. my night light always turn on when i start my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    my night light always turn on when i start my laptop: hello, can u guys fix my problem? whenever i turn on my laptop its always turn on the night light its kinda irritating to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-night-light-always-turn-on-when-i-start-my/d4e72eea-836c-4f03-8094-ac905acc0f50
  7. Starting up laptop from sleep, lid closed with external keyboard

Starting up laptop from sleep, lid closed with external keyboard: Well, after 20 years of Apple only use I have eventually transititioned to Windows, and I've gotta wonder why I didn't do it earlier. The tables have turned and I believe Windows is now the more personal & individual computer. But thats a topic for another conversation !!I...
  8. Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired"

Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired": This Dell Precision 5510 was purchased 5 years ago and I added a Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD following Kari's excellent tutorial to put Users folder on 1TB HDD. Also was configured to dual boot when upgraded from W7 to W10 Pro 64. No problems until last week when startup failed...
  9. lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so.

lifting lid doesn't start laptop despite stting it to do so.: My laptop doesn't wake on lifting the lid. I have checked the setting in power management and it is set to wake, both on battery and on power. I have searched the internet and the Microsoft site for an answer, but the only answer seems to be what I have already done....
  10. Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop SSD Failed Start Up - "Cannot be Repaired": This Dell Precision 5510 was purchased 5 years ago and I added a Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD following Kari's excellent tutorial to put Users folder on 1TB HDD. Also was configured to dual boot when upgraded from W7 to W10 Pro 64. No problems until last week when startup failed...