Windows 10: HP Laptop Number Lock key turns off

Discus and support HP Laptop Number Lock key turns off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This problem has plagued all computers that have the windows 10 and it's various versions numbers. It is not a startup problem. Never has been for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jcloversX, May 4, 2021 at 3:17 AM.

1. jcloversX Win User

HP Laptop Number Lock key turns off

This problem has plagued all computers that have the windows 10 and it's various versions numbers. It is not a startup problem. Never has been for me and probably never will. But for the life of the devil that possess my computers the num lock key just randomly decides to shut off. All forums and help pages and guru pages all deal with num lock off on startup. Repeat this is not a startup problem this is working on my computer the whole day problem. The blasted computer turns of the number lock key. And no one has an answer anywhere.

:)

2. jcloversX Win User

This problem has plagued all computers that have the windows 10 and it's various versions numbers.

It is not a startup problem. Never has been for me and probably never will.
    But for the life of the devil that possess my computers the num lock key just randomly decides to shut off.
    All forums and help pages and guru pages all deal with num lock off on startup. Repeat this is not a startup problem this is working on my computer the whole day problem. The blasted computer turns of the number lock key. And no one has an answer anywhere.

3. numbers key will not lock on My hp lapto computer

I tried the suggestion, however it did not work on my HP Laptop. I wish it had.

RichardStewart_954, May 5, 2021 at 10:57 PM
  4. Edwin Win User

Check over here:

How to keep Num Lock ON in Windows 10? - Super User

Thema:

1. HP Laptop Number Lock key turns off - Similar Threads - Laptop Number Lock

2. HP laptop randomly turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop randomly turns off: My HP laptop randomly turns itself off and doesnt turn back on for around 10 minutes. I have removed the charger, restarted RAM, updated and restored BIOS and nothing seems to have worked. Also worth noting that the laptop often turns off when moved aswell. Anyone have any...
  3. Number Lock Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Number Lock Key: Whenever I sign off, the number lock key is deactivated, which didn't happen previously. How do I fix this? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-lock-key/51cc0cda-abfd-43ec-8a53-a7f9c50fd94e
  4. Turning off the number key password windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off the number key password windows 10: Hi hi, I already followed internet instructions of command run and untick the box that makes there a need for a password. Now on the profile menu I have two of the same name profile :S Many thanks submitted by /u/muscavadogreen [link] [comments]...
  5. Turning off sound for CAPS LOCK key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off sound for CAPS LOCK key: Before I throw my computer out the window can someone please tell me how I turn off keyboard sounds, in particular for the Caps Lock key. I have followed instructions here but they don't match up with my version of W10. I've included a screenshot of the screen I do have. What...
  6. 10 Key number lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    10 Key number lock: How can I keep the number lock on. I have a Logitech K750 keyboard and Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/10-key-number-lock/b6257643-79c8-433c-abfe-dc2efb5895de
  7. Number Lock always turned off after restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number Lock always turned off after restarting: Whenever I start up my laptop or close it the my 10 key number pad defaults to the directional buttons (page up, page down, etc.) I only use the keypad for entering numbers so I constantly have to push the number lock button to change it. Is there a way to set the keypad to...
  8. HP Laptop Turns off During Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop Turns off During Reset: So I'm trying to reset my PC to it's original state but it keep shutting down on it's own during the reset process. I turn it back on and it tells me its undoing changes. How do I fix this? I want to be able to wipe my laptop but it turns off automatically, despite it being...
  9. how to I turn the number lock key to stay on at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to I turn the number lock key to stay on at startup: Every time I shut down my computer, the number lock turns off. When I start up my PC every day, is there an option that automatically will turn my number lock key on on my wireless keyboard?...
  10. Press Shift Key to turn off Caps Lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Press Shift Key to turn off Caps Lock: In Windows 7 there was a Keyboard tab that let you use the Shift key to turn off Caps Lock, it seems to be missing in Windows 10. Anyone know how to set this? 69309