Windows 10: HP Laptop repeatedly has fits of reboots a few minutes after log-on

Discus and support HP Laptop repeatedly has fits of reboots a few minutes after log-on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows laptop from HP (here) has rebooted without warning repeatedly for the past few weeks, and it's incredibly annoying when you're trying to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SirRamen, Jan 18, 2019.

1. SirRamen Win User

HP Laptop repeatedly has fits of reboots a few minutes after log-on

My windows laptop from HP (here) has rebooted without warning repeatedly for the past few weeks, and it's incredibly annoying when you're trying to do anything and it decides to reboot itself. The laptop will go on for a bit with no issue before restarting. Afterwards, I'll log on and a few minutes later get rebooted again. This cycle continues for a while, and is really really annoying. I've tried many things, from turning off automatic restart (which still doesn't cause a blue screen) to reinstalling the operating system but to no avail. Other issues with the laptop include absolutely dreadful startup fan/hard drive whirr which sounds like an aircraft carrier but subsides a few minutes after booting up. The whirr only happens after a few hours of being shut down. Is there anything I can do to stop it rebooting, or at least display a blue screen when it does?

:)

SirRamen, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Reviers Win User

Upgraded HP Laptop from Windows 7 to 10 ... constant reboot problem now.

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue on my HP ProBook 450.

The update process finished successfully and I'm able to log in, but after a minute or two I get a blue screen error message and the Laptop reboots automatically.

Any suggestions?

Reviers, Jan 18, 2019
  3. erocker Win User
    Fit's current machine... always changing

I'm just waiting for evga to list them for a step-up! Looks killer fits.

erocker, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Rose W Win User

Replacing a laptop (log in MSAccount)

I log in with a pin to the current laptop. I'm replacing this laptop this week. Will it automatically show up in the list of equipment in my MSAccount?
    I looked through tutorials but wasn't clear on exactly what topic this fitted into.
    Do I continue to log in with the same pin with the new laptop.
    (The desktop does not have a log in) The plan is to clear out and remove the original laptop from use.

Rose

Rose W, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

1. HP Laptop repeatedly has fits of reboots a few minutes after log-on - Similar Threads - Laptop repeatedly has

2. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  3. After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After idle for a few minutes, PC reboots: I am running Windows 11, and if I leave my PC hp victus 15fb0xxx idle for a few minutes, it reboots. If I use it continuously, it's fine. I have installed every system update and checked my drivers to make sure they are up to date and I even ran a virus scan I use McAfee....
  4. The computer reboots after a few minutes of playing gaming applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer reboots after a few minutes of playing gaming applications.: I see the following error in the event log:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffff8f0019b48050, 0xfffff8033db9afb0, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  5. The computer reboots after a few minutes of playing gaming applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer reboots after a few minutes of playing gaming applications.: I see the following error in the event log:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffff8f0019b48050, 0xfffff8033db9afb0, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  6. The computer reboots after a few minutes of playing gaming applications.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. System Rebooting a few minutes after starting 3 monitor games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Rebooting a few minutes after starting 3 monitor games: I play "Elite Dangerous" and "X4: Foundations" on 3 monitors using EVEGA GEForece GTX 1070ti on an IntelR CoreTM i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3701 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors, 16Gb RAM on a Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Mobo. About 2 weeks ago the system started rebooting...
  8. PC freezes after few minutes when logging in

PC freezes after few minutes when logging in: This issue persists in everything and every method I try I can still move my mouse but I cant interact with anything Sometimes a windows is not responding error would pop up, I cant interact with that I have tried pretty much almost everything I tried booting in safe...
  9. BSOD at various times. Few minutes after logging in or after manyhours

BSOD at various times. Few minutes after logging in or after manyhours: Hello, I have filled out my system specs page, but please tell me if you'd like them listed here. I am having various BSODs ranging from Page fault in nonpaged area, Page fault in nonpaged area(cpuz138_x64.sys), irql not equal or less, memory management, Pfn List...
  10. Random Reboots after a few minutes of inactivity

Random Reboots after a few minutes of inactivity: Firstly - I do not know if this is a BSOD problem so apologies if I've posted incorrectly and please move my post in that case. I'm assuming it might be BSODs because sometimes we get a blue screen with unsmiley face (nothing like the data dumps that I used to see years ago),...