Windows 10: HP Laptop Restart Problems Diskpart problem

Discus and support HP Laptop Restart Problems Diskpart problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had problems with restarting my laptop, in the past I found a c command prompt online and was able to use that and it corrected the problem. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JuanitaR_57, Sep 14, 2021.

1. HP Laptop Restart Problems Diskpart problem

I've had problems with restarting my laptop, in the past I found a c command prompt online and was able to use that and it corrected the problem. I've gone to the Diskpart screen and it seems out of order as follows:Volume 0 E DVD-ROM 0B No MediaVolume 1 C Windows NTFS Partition 912 GB HealthyVolume 2 F Windows RE NTFS Partition 980 GB HealthyVolume 3 D RECOVERY NTFS

:)

JuanitaR_57, Sep 14, 2021
  2. blkhogan Win User

Problem with a Laptop Hp!

I had a problem with one of my laptops, it turned out to be one of the models that are known to have these problems. Called HP tech support and they sent a new mobo and cpu to my local comp shop for replacement (they would not ship to me directly). They were very helpful and quick to get me back up and running. I'm not usualy a HP person, but that changed after dealing with them. I own 3 of their lappies now *Rockout :rockout:

blkhogan, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Diskpart problems?

Hi again, I tried what you suggested and got the same error message as before. I spoke to a guy on another forum and he suggested typing the "Active" command before doing the Format.
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # <-replace # with the actual number for the USB flash drive
    clean
    create partition primary
    select partition 1
    active
    format fs=fat32 quick
    He tried it on a Windows 7 PC with the Active command straight after format and he was told to select a partition again...but when selecting Active first before format it was fine.
    Im thinking that might be the case on my Windows 10 laptop too but instead of getting a reminder to select a partition I get an error. After the error message If I select a partition and Type Active everything is OK. It seems a bit strange I know!!

Can I ask you though. Is it OK to type the Active command before the Format command or should Active only be typed into Diskpart after the Format has been done?

sportsfan148, Sep 14, 2021
  4. HP Laptop Restart Problems Diskpart problem

Problem with a Laptop Hp!

Helloo my friends from tech power up forums, I got a big trouble with a laptop hp pavilon dv2000 the screen doesn't show nothing. I just turn on the laptop and no boot no nothing looks like dead *Confused HP Laptop Restart Problems Diskpart problem :confused:; if someone has resolved this problem before can give me a hand Plz! my life its in your Hands!*Big Grin HP Laptop Restart Problems Diskpart problem :D

Salvadorian Stuff, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

HP Laptop Restart Problems Diskpart problem

1. HP Laptop Restart Problems Diskpart problem - Similar Threads - Laptop Restart Problems

2. Laptop Restart problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Restart problem: Recently, performing a manual restart (using the option from the Start - Power menu) isn't working - I'm just ending up with a black screen after it reboots. So I have to power down and start over. I think it's only been occurring since I first updated to 20H2 a few weeks...
  3. Diskpart Clean USB Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Diskpart Clean USB Problem: I recently created a bootable USB device for Windows 10 then did these steps I found on the web: Plug in the flash drive. At a command prompt run: diskpart List disk (Enter) Select disk (number of flash drive) (Press Enter) Clean (It will wipe the drive completely, including...
  4. Laptop restart problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restart problem: Hey, so I use an HP pavillion laptop to make music. Its fairly old but works really well, plus i recently replaced the battery so no worries there. I use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface which connects to my audio monitors. 9/10 times it works totally fine but sometimes...
  5. Laptop restarting problem

Laptop restarting problem: The laptop configuration and other details are below: [ATTACH] Problem:- This laptop is working perfectly well on power/plug in but when i inserted battery, then laptop has restarting problem. It is restarting again and again. The charging led is changing red to white...
  6. HP laptop sound problems

HP laptop sound problems: Hello, I have an HP laptop which I use for school, but in the last 2 weeks I've been having sound problems with it, when I turn on my laptop and I log in into my user usually the sound icon seems to be right, but when I open any app that requires sound, like Opera GX, a...
  7. laptop restart problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop restart problem: i had a proble with my laptop acer aspire 4750G. i installed windows 10 past few years..now when i use my laptop back..it needs to activate my windows..then when i restart my laptop, the screen when blank and dont restart..but the lights at keypad still on..its like forever...
  8. Diskpart problems?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Diskpart problems?: I used the following method to create a bootable USB flash drive and got the following error straight after the "Active" command was typed. "Diskpart has encountered an error. The system cannot find the file specified. See the system event log for more information". All the...
  9. problem with diskpart

problem with diskpart: hi there, In order to reclaim unallocated space on a USB stick , I was recommended to use DISKPART But something went wrong. I used the following commands: 1) DISKPART 2) LIST DISK 3) SELECT DISK 3 ( I used Disk Manager to find that out) 4) CLEAN 5) CREATE...
  10. Diskpart problem

Diskpart problem: Used reflect to do image backup on another drive and all went well. Both drives have same data,they are exact.If I boot machine with only one drive powered all is good,if I power up the other drive to update a file Diskpart does not see the other drive. Use to do all the time...