Windows 10: HP Laptop says password is incorrect but I dont have one

Discus and support HP Laptop says password is incorrect but I dont have one in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a HP Envy laptop that is not password protected. The laptop stays in my house and no one has had access to it. I put it into sleep mode and when... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SueJackson3, Sep 11, 2020.

1. HP Laptop says password is incorrect but I dont have one

I have a HP Envy laptop that is not password protected. The laptop stays in my house and no one has had access to it. I put it into sleep mode and when I returned 20 minutes later I hit enter to unlock it and the screen states "the password is incorrect. Try again" and it takes me back to my name and "sign in".

I have tried holding shift and restarting the laptop, however it states that my administrative password is wrong I have changed the password using my phone and tried logging in with that password.

I have important school documents on my laptop and I cannot do a hard reset and lose all of them.

Can anyone help?

:)

SueJackson3, Sep 11, 2020

2. Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Leoniepig Win User
    HP Laptop won't recognize password

I cannot get past the login screen after I turn on my laptop. It uses Windows 10. I have had the same password since setting up the laptop when I bought it a year ago. I know it is correct but it says it is incorrect .Using the 'eye' icon to view the password
    shows the correct password. I can use shift with restart to get to an options page, but all the options I have tried still require a password, then say it is incorrect. The internet icon shows a picture that looks like a computer, so it is not connecting and
    I don't know how to fix this without logging in, so I can't reset the password from another device. HP is no help, say it's a software issue. Can anyone help me access my computer?

Leoniepig, Sep 11, 2020
  4. ppkotha Win User

HP Laptop says password is incorrect but I dont have one

Laptop says incorrect password and also no internet access.

I restart my laptop . After that I put my Microsoft password and it's say incorrect password. But I put the correct password .. And it's also show me no internet access when my other device has full wifi connection. After that I change my Microsoft password
    from another computer. But my problem is not solved.

ppkotha, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

HP Laptop says password is incorrect but I dont have one

1. HP Laptop says password is incorrect but I dont have one - Similar Threads - Laptop says password

2. It says your pin is required but i dont have one?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says your pin is required but i dont have one?!: So i just got a new laptop & it saying “Your PIN is required to sign in” except i didn’t create a PIN because i was having issues setting it up. it doesn’t give me any options besides to click sign it & it just brings me back to the main screen. there’s no where to click...
  3. It says your pin is required but i dont have one?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It says your pin is required but i dont have one?!: So i just got a new laptop & it saying “Your PIN is required to sign in” except i didn’t create a PIN because i was having issues setting it up. it doesn’t give me any options besides to click sign it & it just brings me back to the main screen. there’s no where to click...
  4. My laptop didnt have any password but it is asking for the password that i dont have it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop didnt have any password but it is asking for the password that i dont have it is...: My name is aswin, my laptop is saying password is incorrect but didnt have password in the first place https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-didnt-have-any-password-but-it-is-asking/86b2d485-5e32-4d2a-b600-48deb3670aef
  5. My sign-in password is incorrect and I dont have security questions set in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My sign-in password is incorrect and I dont have security questions set in.: Can someone please tell me what to do? I tried putting a password/pin on my laptop. I saw the pin option which said I needed to have a password first, I put in a password same as my microsoft account password that I use to log in. When I got to the pin option I needed to put...
  6. My sign-in password is incorrect and I dont have security questions set in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sign-in password is incorrect and I dont have security questions set in.: Can someone please tell me what to do? I tried putting a password/pin on my laptop. I saw the pin option which said I needed to have a password first, I put in a password same as my microsoft account password that I use to log in. When I got to the pin option I needed to put...
  7. My sign-in password is incorrect and I dont have security questions set in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. “Password incorrect “ but I don’t have a password on my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Password incorrect “ but I don’t have a password on my laptop: So after I updated my laptop , it said password incorrect even when I knew it was right . I restored my laptop to before the update and removed the password. I updated it again and this this it just says “sign in” , when I click that it says “incorrect password” and just goes...
  9. Laptop says incorrect password but password never enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop says incorrect password but password never enabled: I updated windows last night. Now whenever i turn on the computer I get my picture, my name and an error that says ‘the password is incorrect. Try again’ It is a local user that has never had a password enabled on it. It doesnt allow me to enter a password either. I just...
  10. Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Saying it's the incorrect password, but there isn't one.: So, i just restarted my PC, and to my surprise, it's telling me that it's the wrong password. My PC doesn't have one, and it's not even asking me for one; just the button to click "sign in" like usual. But now, whenever i click on that, it tells me that my password is...