Windows 10: hp Laptop Screen Goes Black

Discus and support hp Laptop Screen Goes Black in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to input a new Windows PIN I had forgotten my PIN after months of not using the laptop and as I was thinking of a new and clever PIN my hp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BRUT4L, Aug 10, 2021.

1. BRUT4L Win User

hp Laptop Screen Goes Black

I was trying to input a new Windows PIN I had forgotten my PIN after months of not using the laptop and as I was thinking of a new and clever PIN my hp Laptop gave me that little doorbell ring to indicate it was doing something and it did......................the screen went black and noting I did could get it to respond to anything.I tried Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then Ctrl+Shift+esc to open up Task Manager but I could get no response.What happened to my new hp laptop?

:)

BRUT4L, Aug 10, 2021
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

Hi afrozahmed1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the model of HP laptop you are using?
    2. Does the black screen occur while using the PC or while restarting the machine?
    3. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    4. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.
    These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer.
    The main causes are Problems with the driver for your display adapter or incompatible application.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank
    screen errors
    refer the section
    I see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

If that doesn’t help, I would also suggest you to go through the article provided by HP on
    Troubleshooting Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7),
    refer the section No image on the screen, or the screen is blank.

Disclaimer: The article include the step of updating BIOS. Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems
    that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 10, 2021
  3. my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

my hp laptop screen goes black randomly when using it

KwameNyarko, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Maria Fab Win User

Screen goes black

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your laptop prior to this?
    • Does it only happen when you use Internet Explorer, or have you tried using a different browser?
    • Are there any external devices plugged into your laptop?

If your laptop experiences a black screen after upgrading to Windows 10, you may refer to this
    link on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. Follow the steps provided. For additional help with
    Internet Explorer, click here.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

1. hp Laptop Screen Goes Black - Similar Threads - Laptop Screen Goes

2. Screen goes black on new HP laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes black on new HP laptop: I am currently setting up a new HP laptop and the screen keeps going black but not completely off after about 1 minute. The only way I’ve been able to turn it back on, is to shut the laptop down and restart it. When the screen is off, no keyboard buttons work including ctrl...
  3. Screen goes black on new HP laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black on new HP laptop: I am currently setting up a new HP laptop and the screen keeps going black but not completely off after about 1 minute. The only way I’ve been able to turn it back on, is to shut the laptop down and restart it. When the screen is off, no keyboard buttons work including ctrl...
  4. Screen goes black on new HP laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HP Laptop Powers On & Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Powers On & Screen Goes Black: A friend of my brother's has asked me to look and see if I can fix his HP Laptop that he just bought at Walmart. He told me over the phone that it will boot up/power up but the screen eventually goes black after it's powered on. I will have the computer on Tuesday. I am...
  6. Laptop screen goes black.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen goes black.: Hello! I have a HP Pavilion x360 and I've had it for 2-3 years. Ive had no problems until recently. I tend to use my laptop for drawing so i like folding it into tablet, usually when I do so the acreen turns black but i can tell its still running, and its rather annoying. It...
  7. Laptop screen goes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen goes black: Just booted up windows then the screen goes black then turns back on every 5 seconds. Cant access anything properly. Thought it was wallpaper engine trying to turn on but to no avail. Not able to access previous drivers since i cant gain access to the settings. Any help will...
  8. my hp laptop screen goes black randomly

my hp laptop screen goes black randomly: my hp laptop screen goes black randomly when using it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-laptop-screen-goes-black-randomly/7478cfe4-7112-476c-b98d-6d950f69071d
  9. My hp laptop screen goes black randomly

My hp laptop screen goes black randomly: My hp gaming laptop screen goes blank and it comes back when i put my laptop on sleep mode and get back to my login page . And goes blank most frequently while gaming on my laptop. Please give me a solution to fix this , Thank you....
  10. laptop screen goes black

laptop screen goes black: why does the screen on my laptop keep going black? I can still hear a show (if I'm watching you tube), but the screen goes black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-screen-goes-black/7a0cbae2-a61f-49ca-aab3-f92bd7b69ddf