Windows 10: HP laptop shuts off

Discus and support HP laptop shuts off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have to keep rebooting it. what can cause this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BonnieDixon, Apr 10, 2020.

1. HP laptop shuts off

I have to keep rebooting it. what can cause this?

:)

BonnieDixon, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Apr 10, 2020
  3. eswardev Win User
    My 2 months old HP laptop (HP 15-ay106ne) is suddenly shutting down

I'm from India. I bought a HP 15-ay106ne laptop through my uncle in Abu Dubai on 01-01-2017.

After a week I noticed that it didn't charge up to 100%. After 15 days I noticed that it suddenly shuts down when the charging reaches 15% without any notification about plug-in. After few days it shuts down in between 15% and 20%.

Now it's shutting down in between 36%-40% of charging. I found that the battery backup is also not good. Original backup is 10 hours but my laptop gives 5 hours of battery backup.

I gave my laptop in to a HP service centre and they said it has a hardware problem. In India the spare parts are not available so please go to Dubai with your laptop.

I preferred to buy it in Dubai because of its international warranty. But now they are not going to help me out of this problem.

Please help me to get my laptop in good condition. And suggest me how to decrease the cycle count.

eswardev, Apr 10, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

HP laptop shuts off

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

HP laptop shuts off

1. HP laptop shuts off - Similar Threads - laptop shuts off

2. HP Laptop Slow, no High Resources, shut off and fixed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop Slow, no High Resources, shut off and fixed: Hello,Can anybody enlighten me as to what could have caused a HP Laptop I have to run very slow, slow to shut down, slow to boot up 8+min no CPU, RAM, Graphics, Storage Drive SSD or any resources going high or maxed out.But then, during checks, it suddenly shut off by itself,...
  3. My HP Laptop Shut Down

My HP Laptop Shut Down: I grabbed my HP laptop in this one spot, to the right of the mouse pad, where I usually grab it when I pick it up at first. But, for the second time in two days when I picked it up my computer suddenly just shut down and restarted. Except I do that all the time, I grab it...
  4. Laptop shuts off

Laptop shuts off: I installed a new cooling fan in my HP laptop. Windows will not identify the new hardware. Since the last update a couple of days ago my laptop shuts off after a few minutes of inactivity. When I restart, I have to be quick to hit the enter button when the 15 second...
  5. Hp laptop wifi shuts off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hp laptop wifi shuts off: Hello. I'm looking at an hp laptop for a friend, and their WiFi 5 keeps shutting off. I can't figure out what's wrong with it, but this thing does have a copy of win 10 that isn't activated. Will this cause the WiFi to dump? submitted by /u/Callamy [link] [comments]...
  6. Laptop automatically shuts off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop automatically shuts off: My laptop shuts off automatically and keyboard doesn't respond after restart. I need an external keyboard via USB to put my pin. Below is the warning in event logger under systems: 1. The speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor...
  7. hp envy x360 continues to shut off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp envy x360 continues to shut off: I ran a scan, I dont recall which one as I am trying everything, including HP site. The scan showed a possible bad hard drive. This is happening 2 to 3 times daily, and for no reason. Checked several online scans for new equipment, and the scans cant find the equipment...
  8. shutting off my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    shutting off my laptop: I left click on the icon and choose shut down but it won't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/shutting-off-my-laptop/2b81c875-c80b-4541-a41e-97cc8767d646"
  9. HP Laptop Shuts Off When Sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Shuts Off When Sleeping: Morning everyone! I'm writing with a question about my mom's laptop which is running Windows 10. Up until yesterday morning, it would go to sleep after 20 minutes and wake back up with the move of the mouse or a keypress. Now, when it goes to sleep, it completely powers...
  10. Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Refuses to Shut Off: I have a 5 month new Dell XPS 13 laptop, running Windows 10, 64 bit. It has been running perfectly fine until the other day when I noticed the unit couldn't be turned off as it usually does. I hit the Power Off button, but instead of shutting down it restarts as if I hit...