Windows 10: HP laptop shutsdown by itself after Windows 10 install

Discus and support HP laptop shutsdown by itself after Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A client has a HP 2000-425NR laptop that we concluded has a dead battery (it's detachable). I upgraded the RAM from 2GB --> 6GB + replaced the regular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KabyBlue, May 31, 2018.

1. KabyBlue Win User

HP laptop shutsdown by itself after Windows 10 install

A client has a HP 2000-425NR laptop that we concluded has a dead battery (it's detachable). I upgraded the RAM from 2GB --> 6GB + replaced the regular hdd with a 250GB SSD. I initially installed Windows 7 Home then upgraded the PC to Win10 to get a digital license.

This is where things got odd...During the Win 10 installation via USB, the PC shutdown completely during the "getting ready" stage. It refused to stay on unless I removed the internal battery and left the PC running via the AC adapter only. After completing the setup + running all updates/downloading drivers + updating the BIOS, I decided to insert the battery again -- which I already know doesn't hold a charge -- and once the PC boots to Windows 10 after about 1 minute, it shutdowns down by itself. But when running only from the AC adapter, it works with no issues.

Now the client is already in the process of ordering a new battery but am worried something else might be going on (this wasn't an issue with Windows 7) and even if we install the new battery, the PC will continue to shutdown.

Anyone heard of Windows 10 shutting down a PC because the internal battery doesn't hold a charge?

HP laptop shutsdown by itself after Windows 10 install [​IMG]

:)

KabyBlue, May 31, 2018
Thema:

HP laptop shutsdown by itself after Windows 10 install

1. HP laptop shutsdown by itself after Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - laptop shutsdown itself

2. Laptop shutsdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutsdown: I am facing few issues in my W10 laptop Ilife Zed.1Without pressing power button when I put for charging,laptop will turn on and shutdown within 2 sec. 2 To turn on laptop at least I need to hold power button for 15sec otherwise it will shutdown.Initially it keeps turning off...
  3. after updating my bios in my hp laptop it reset itself.

in Windows 10 Customization
    after updating my bios in my hp laptop it reset itself.: after updating my bios in my hp laptop it reset itself. but i had my files in onedrive. but the problem if that after bios update all the apps uninstalled itself including camera, calendar, my hp, hp system utility etc,etc... so i can only use edge now. because the other...
  4. Fresh install of windows 10 on hp laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of windows 10 on hp laptop: Trying to install windows 10 onto blank m.2 ssd in hp laptop. I have removed the original hdd for the install and it has been formated. The bios is the insydeh20 bios so the settings are not the same as other bios systems and does not have as much adjustability. I am getting...
  5. Laptop shutsdown on its own

Laptop shutsdown on its own: I dont know if this is the right place to ask for help but i got a Laptop which went off on its own a couple times , it was during a gaming session on League of legends just to be precise and right after i did the update that same dayit happened just in the early mornings...
  6. HP laptop keeps shutting down by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP laptop keeps shutting down by itself: My HP Pavilion x360 Convertible randomly shuts down by itself and now says "no battery is detected". I've got an online test coming up so please help me with what I can do to fix this. Thank you...
  7. Unable to boot to Windows 10 installation. Freezes and shutsdown.

Unable to boot to Windows 10 installation. Freezes and shutsdown.: Using Windows Media Creation Tool. I tried to make a Windows installation USB. Following the instructions on this site, I succesfully did that and tried it on my PC. This PC was built today. After booting to the USB, the monitor showed the BIOS's motherboard theme, yet split...
  8. Clean install windows 10 on hp laptop

Clean install windows 10 on hp laptop: Hello. I have some questions. I want to clean install windows 10 on hp laptop but i am worried about the drivers. What should i do about that? If i have to get a backup of the drivers, where should i put them? After the clean install, will i just replace the drivers folder...
  9. Windows 10 store shutsdown after clicking on any app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 store shutsdown after clicking on any app: Hello all, I have been having this issue(described in the thread title) since last week. Everytime I open the windows store and click on any app displayed in the first page or if I search it and then click on an app The windows store simply shutdown... I have tried so...
  10. HP Laptop Windows 10 install

HP Laptop Windows 10 install: I have a HP 15 I purchased in January. It came pre installed with Windows 10 from HP. I want to do a clean install. Can I use the media creation tool and make the media to install? My desktop from 2010 I used that tool and upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. But does the...