Windows 10: HP laptop sound problems

Discus and support HP laptop sound problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an HP laptop which I use for school, but in the last 2 weeks I've been having sound problems with it, when I turn on my laptop and I log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eduardoespinoza2, May 23, 2020.

1. HP laptop sound problems

Hello,

I have an HP laptop which I use for school, but in the last 2 weeks I've been having sound problems with it, when I turn on my laptop and I log in into my user usually the sound icon seems to be right, but when I open any app that requires sound, like Opera GX, a YouTube video, etc. It stops working and I see an "X" on it. I launch the troubleshoot option but it doesn't fix the problem, I have to restart my laptop about 3 times to make it work again, and because of this apps stop working and it's really annoying.

I already updated Windows 10 to the last version at the moment, my laptop specifications are this:

Ryzen 5 3500u, Radeon Vega 8, 12 GB RAM.

I hope you can help me, and thanks beforehand.

Eduardo.

:)

eduardoespinoza2, May 23, 2020
  2. Jimmyb Win User

HP Pavilion X2 upgrade to 1709 - no sound

I eventually got my detachable laptop to upgrade to Fall Creator, and was very pleased, then noticed that when I received notifications there was no sound, checked all the usual suspects, volume, system sounds, drivers, etc even plugged a headset in, no sound. Using the HP troubleshooter, its first step was to take me through Windows troubleshooter, through the drivers uninstall, it even had me reset my BIOS. HP have a hardware tester built into the UEFI, and on following the instructions, sounds out of the speakers, indicating a pass, but still no sounds from W10. The last suggestion from HP was to update the BIOS, however knowing the system worked before the upgrade decided against that. I followed the roll-back instruction, and after noting the audio drivers in 1709, found the same drivers in the roll backed version, but the sound was working again - bizarre!

Jimmyb, May 23, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, May 23, 2020
  4. Opie540 Win User

HP laptop sound problems

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, May 23, 2020
Thema:

HP laptop sound problems

1. HP laptop sound problems - Similar Threads - laptop sound problems

2. My HP Laptop has no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP Laptop has no sound: Something has gone wrong since this afternoon! I cannot get any sound from my HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-laptop-has-no-sound/ffb59651-ea71-4bf3-b23e-af6d4f43cbdf
  3. My HP Laptop has no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP Laptop has no sound: Something has gone wrong since this afternoon! I cannot get any sound from my HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-laptop-has-no-sound/ffb59651-ea71-4bf3-b23e-af6d4f43cbdf
  4. Sound is not working on my HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound is not working on my HP Laptop: I have replaced the driver but I'm still having sound issues. Anything else I can try? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-not-working-on-my-hp-laptop/5d4f071f-a690-40cd-8e93-5c722d1a27df
  5. No sound Windows 10 HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound Windows 10 HP Laptop: Hello there computer Gurus, My Laptop has absolutely no sound at all. I somehow did manage to get my Bluetooth headphones to work periodically until they died. There is a red X on the volume icon and when I go to settings the master control volume is set at 0% with no...
  6. Sound Issue with my HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Issue with my HP Laptop: So I just got this laptop, I installed the Windows updates, and it was stuck. So I researched and it said to restart the laptop. It worked, but now my speakers won't work. (But plugging in headphones does) any idea of how to solve it? I tried some ways already, but please...
  7. Printing Problems on HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Printing Problems on HP Laptop: Hi guys, I'm using a HP Spectre laptop, Model 13t-3000, and have found it impossible to print recently - there have been no problems printing from other computers in my house. I have a cracked screen, but the computer works fine making me think that is not the cause of the...
  8. No sound on my hp laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound on my hp laptop: Tried everything I could find on internet or on here, last time I fixed the problem myself but this time it doesn't work, here's the problem: Opened my laptop one day and suddenly sound didn't work, i couldn't even mute it or raise it, it was like it vanished and the bottom...
  9. Sound problem on HP Laptop Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound problem on HP Laptop Win 10: Audio output is no good on HP laptop factory installed windows 10. Every couple of seconds feedback or clipping sound which breaks up every few words; It also can play normal for a few hours to reverting back to a sound distortion every couple of seconds. I have performed...
  10. HP pavilion No Sound Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP pavilion No Sound Problem: Hello I'm here because there is no sound coming from my laptop. I just got this laptop a few weeks ago and everything was great but suddenly one day there was no more sound. I've looked into it to see if anything was muted or if it was disabled, no. Everything is how it...