Windows 10: HP Laptop stuck boot to WinRe after failed Preview Build 21364 Install

Discus and support HP Laptop stuck boot to WinRe after failed Preview Build 21364 Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Laptop auto updated the other night to what was supposed to be Preview Build 21364. Unfortunately the next morning, it had not completed. Now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StratoCastBlast, Apr 26, 2021.

1. HP Laptop stuck boot to WinRe after failed Preview Build 21364 Install

My Laptop auto updated the other night to what was supposed to be Preview Build 21364. Unfortunately the next morning, it had not completed. Now it only boots to WinRE.\, 'Select Keyboard type" then two options, Turn off PC or Troubleshoot, not the normal 'Safe Mode'. Selecting Troubleshoot and trying all the options, Startup Repair System Restore, System Image Recovery, Uninstall Update, nothing works. I can get to a command prompt I tried running bootrec from command line, but it does not see any Windows Installations. It is like the disk driver is not getting loaded.I ran boot diagnost

:)

StratoCastBlast, Apr 26, 2021

2. Windows 10 Insider Preview Install Failed

Hello Simpson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267?
    • Which Intel drivers are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to Intel drivers deployed through Windows Updates?
    • Did you get any error message when they fail?

From your description, I suspect that the problem might be due to unsuccessful installation of preview build caused this issue. Suggest you to check installing the build again to see if the same thing happens again. If you don't see the
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267
    update, then please check it after sometime. Refer this link
    to learn more about Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267.

Give us above details to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 26, 2021
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Apr 26, 2021
  4. HP Laptop stuck boot to WinRe after failed Preview Build 21364 Install

Unable to boot the PC stuck in WinRE mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the PC doesn’t work the way it is supposed to. I appreciate your effort in trying to resolve the issue by performing troubleshooting steps. For better understanding of the issue, please
    respond to the questions below:

1. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    2. Do you receive any error code when you try to boot the PC normally?
    3. What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?
    4. What is the error you receive while performing reset?
    5. What was the result of automatic repair?

Meanwhile, you can try removing any external devices connected to the PC and check if you are able to boot the PC.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try booting the PC to safe mode and check if that helps.
    Refer the article
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    . If the PC is working fine in safe mode, perform a clean boot being in safe mode environment check.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot
    on the computer. However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note:
    Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Method 2:

Try troubleshooting startup issues. You can refer the article on

troubleshooting common startup issues
    and see if that helps.

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive then chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be
    lost.

If you have an external hard drive, you can take the backup of the data by following the steps mentioned below.

1. Open command prompt window by following the article

troubleshooting common startup issues
    2. On the command prompt window type,
      notepad.exe and hit enter.
    3. Now click on File
      and click Open…
    4. On the Open file window, click on
      This PC
    5. Now navigate to the location
      C:\Users\UserName\
      select the folder that you want to backup to the external drive.

Note:
      To see all the files on the Open dialog box, change the
      files of type
      to All files.

6. Right click on the file/folder
      and select Send to and select the external hard drive.

If the issue persist, please get back to us with the result of troubleshooting steps to assist you further with the issue.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

HP Laptop stuck boot to WinRe after failed Preview Build 21364 Install

1. HP Laptop stuck boot to WinRe after failed Preview Build 21364 Install - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck boot

2. KB5034441 Failed --- WinRE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5034441 Failed --- WinRE: It turns out that this patch Tuesday 1/9/2024 one of my update failed. KB5034441 with error code 0x80070643. – the issue could be that the recovery partition WinRE does not have enough space for the update There is MS solution to this issue involves diskpart and reagentc —...
  3. KB5034441 Failed --- WinRE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5034441 Failed --- WinRE: It turns out that this patch Tuesday 1/9/2024 one of my update failed. KB5034441 with error code 0x80070643. – the issue could be that the recovery partition WinRE does not have enough space for the update There is MS solution to this issue involves diskpart and reagentc —...
  4. Stuck in WinRe mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in WinRe mode?: Hello I have an ACER Aspire E 15 with an Intel Core i3-7100U 2.4 Ghz, 3MB L3 Cache running Windows 10. My laptop is stuck in a vicious cycle, I believe in WinRe mode. When I start or restart it, I get a BSOD with a CRITICAL SERVICE FAILED stopecode. Sometimes, I get a BSOD...
  5. Hp laptop stuck on a boot loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hp laptop stuck on a boot loop: Hello there my Hp laptop is looping around for like 3 months and i couldn't fix it. when i first turn the laptop it says preparing automatic repair and after 10 seconds it says please wait while we install a system update then it turns off and restarts the whole process again...
  6. New Device Manager options in Insider build 21364?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Device Manager options in Insider build 21364?: [ATTACH] It seems you can now view devices by their .inf file name. Is this new? I don't see it on my non-Insider Windows 10 installation. If this is documented somewhere and I missed it then disregard this post, I just thought this was an interesting find....
  7. HP Laptop fails to boot from USB

HP Laptop fails to boot from USB: I have a HP 14-cm0012la laptop on which the original hard drive has failed. I purchased a new 240GB SSD and inserted into the laptop. I downloaded the Windows Media Creation Tool and ran that to create a bootable USB. However, the laptop is failing to boot from the USB. I...
  8. Flashing Boot Block Stuck HP Laptop

Flashing Boot Block Stuck HP Laptop: I got update from windows, but it stucks for 1 hour, what should i do? HP Laptop Model 14S-CF1032TX[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flashing-boot-block-stuck-hp-laptop/f23f1477-170d-4cc0-b722-4d1aebe35b13
  9. Stuck in WinRE

Stuck in WinRE: [IMG]Anyone can help, Please? I got very important document inside my laptop. After my laptop pop up blue screen showing error, I restart it then it became like this. No matter what option I choose it can’t be complete. For more information: I just update some of the window...
  10. HP Laptop fails to boot unmountable_boot_volume

HP Laptop fails to boot unmountable_boot_volume: My HP laptop got a issue where it was failing to boot but it souldnt be it has a healthy hard drive and has been updated normally the issue happened after I closed one of my games and shut the laptop down...