Windows 10: HP laptop stuck in start-up loop after going back to factory settings

Discus and support HP laptop stuck in start-up loop after going back to factory settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, This occurs to a HP Probook 4710s with windows 10. After it was not responding I tried to reset the configuration to factory settings but, during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArionGoes68, Mar 3, 2021.

1. HP laptop stuck in start-up loop after going back to factory settings

Hi,

This occurs to a HP Probook 4710s with windows 10.

After it was not responding I tried to reset the configuration to factory settings but, during its progress it got stuck. Whatever I do it keeps in the loop:

- startup with seeing the logo and the loading circle. Then log disappears and the loading circle becomes a little bigger, then for a second you get the message "restarting"

- and the whole story repeats itself.

I tried to re-install windows with a usb-drive but it's not recognized, I tried the steps given by microsoft:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-of-windows-10-is-stuck-on-restart-loop/fd1650d0-31b2-4aea-84b4-aaebbf35786a
    I tried having it restart from a different source by selecting a different start-up follow up.

I tried to get to 'save mode' but I'm not able to even get there.

Now I'm trying to re-install windows through a microsoft windows installation media https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 but I think this as well will not be recognized.

Hope you guys have some helpful ideas...

thanks in advance...

Alexander

:)

ArionGoes68, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Corvs Win User

Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Thanks, I can look at that now I'm on a laptop. Here was the screen tapping F11:

HP laptop stuck in start-up loop after going back to factory settings [​IMG]

and this was the system before restoring it:

Corvs, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Corvs Win User
    Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Product: Pavillion 550-103na
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

So after having an absolute nightmare not being allowed to factory reset, I finally managed to get it to do it by selecting only drives with Windows installed instead of all drives. It seemed to reset OK. But it got worse, now I start the PC, it gets the black screen and the HP logo, it then goes to a blue screen asking for location, click next, it says error and needs an update, click next to connect to WiFi as instructed and it restarts itself and loops back to the first screen asking for location. I don't have an external drive or anything, what can I do to get this set up again? It was bought in 2107 but barely used, it's practically brand new from lack of use so I just don't understand the problem.

Corvs, Mar 3, 2021
  4. HP laptop stuck in start-up loop after going back to factory settings

HP Laptop stuck in "Choose Keyboard Layout' loop

HP Laptop stuck in "Choose Keyboard Layout' loop - nothing works I have tried everything people suggest on line. There is nothing in my USB ports or removable drives, computer was working fine night before, then poof!

JenniferEason1, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

HP laptop stuck in start-up loop after going back to factory settings

1. HP laptop stuck in start-up loop after going back to factory settings - Similar Threads - laptop stuck start

2. Help setting up HP stream laptop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help setting up HP stream laptop after factory reset: No one remembered password so it was factory reset. When trying to set it back up again, it asks which language then says to connect to network. It says WiFi is turned off. There is no option to turn it on. How do I do this to continue setting up this laptop?...
  3. Help setting up HP stream laptop after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help setting up HP stream laptop after factory reset: No one remembered password so it was factory reset. When trying to set it back up again, it asks which language then says to connect to network. It says WiFi is turned off. There is no option to turn it on. How do I do this to continue setting up this laptop?...
  4. Laptop stuck at start up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck at start up after factory reset: I did a factory reset on my laptop yesterday. I opened it up today, now I am stuck on the If you need an assistive screen reader, press the Windows screen. Any ways to fix this and go to the next part of the setting up?...
  5. Legion laptop stuck in a loop booting up after factory resetting.

Legion laptop stuck in a loop booting up after factory resetting.: Today, I factory reset one of my laptops because I was going to be using it for a different purpose and didn't need any of the data that was currently on the computer. The computer is a Legion "gaming" laptop of some sort, although I don't exactly know all of the details. I...
  6. My Hp stream 13 laptop won't start up it stuck on a HP logo loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Hp stream 13 laptop won't start up it stuck on a HP logo loop: It has been happening for a 3 days now and it won't start up at all I looked up on youtube and it has happened to a few people but their Fixes aren't working...
  7. Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset: Product: Pavillion 550-103na Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) So after having an absolute nightmare not being allowed to factory reset, I finally managed to get it to do it by selecting only drives with Windows installed instead of all drives. It seemed to...
  8. Stuck in loop after Factory Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in loop after Factory Reset: So I went ahead and factory reset after not using the PC in a while, and it being slow when I last used it about a year or so ago. It is a Dell Inspiron 3252. Now my issue is the loop I'm stuck in. It first prompts me with the "Hi there" screen, asking me to set up country...
  9. Laptop stuck in start up repair loop

Laptop stuck in start up repair loop: As soon as it restarts it does a "Preparing Automatic Repairs" then "Diagnosing your PC" then "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete" It goes back to the start up screen, shows a bunch of numbers in the upper left part of the screen, then it repeats...
  10. Re set my pc back to factory settings stuck in reboot loop

Re set my pc back to factory settings stuck in reboot loop: Today i decided to reset my pc as program installs had broken and i think i had acquired a virus so i went to setting recovery reset pc and quick reset i left the computer alone for about half an hour assuming it would take time to reset when i came back an error message...