Windows 10: HP laptop stuck on home screen

Discus and support HP laptop stuck on home screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My son’s HP laptop is stuck on the home screen with no crusor or anything. It also appears to be stuck in airplane mode. I tried a hard reset. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by grm8888, May 19, 2020.

1. grm8888 Win User

HP laptop stuck on home screen

My son’s HP laptop is stuck on the home screen with no crusor or anything. It also appears to be stuck in airplane mode. I tried a hard reset. I tried a system restore, but it says I needed a restore point setup and that i need to be online to do that. I tried to reset the pc but it said i have no space, which is odd because there isnt much on it. I tried to troubleshoot. Im sure im forgetting everything Ive tried, but ive searched and searched different threads and tried everything. I hit a roqdblock each time. He may have a virus?

:)

grm8888, May 19, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, May 19, 2020
  3. Xjoejoex Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

HP laptop stuck on home screen [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, May 19, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, May 19, 2020
Thema:

1. HP laptop stuck on home screen - Similar Threads - laptop stuck home

2. HP laptop is stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop is stuck on black screen: I reset my laptop back to factory and it took a while to delete everything but when it was done it was just stuck on the blank screen so I came home from work and tried turning it back on and it's still blank screen and when I move the mouse, you can see the pointer for a...
  3. HP laptop is stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop is stuck on black screen: I reset my laptop back to factory and it took a while to delete everything but when it was done it was just stuck on the blank screen so I came home from work and tried turning it back on and it's still blank screen and when I move the mouse, you can see the pointer for a...
  4. HP laptop is stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop stuck on hp logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck on hp logo: Hi, I deleted some minor partitions I had on my PC that I am sure have nothing to do with my Windows operating system, but after restarting it, it is stuck on the hp logo and I don't know what to do, so I would greatly appreciate the help....
  6. Laptop stuck on hp logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on hp logo: Hi, I deleted some minor partitions I had on my PC that I am sure have nothing to do with my Windows operating system, but after restarting it, it is stuck on the hp logo and I don't know what to do, so I would greatly appreciate the help....
  7. Laptop stuck on hp logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. HP laptop stuck at "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop stuck at "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen: When the C drive was "repaired" by Windows on my laptop, it restarted. I saw the HP logo briefly, then the computer threw up a Blue Screen of Death. The stopcode is: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM. Then, it got stuck on the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen. My computer model is a HP...
  9. HP Laptop stuck on Windows 10 Home version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop stuck on Windows 10 Home version 1909: Hello, I bought in last December/2020 a HP 250 G7 Laptop, a Intel I3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHZ, and it came already with Win 10 Home 64 bit version 20H2. But this machine was not working properly and HP gave replaced by another HP Laptop exactly the same, and I received it now in...
  10. My hp laptop stuck on a black screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My hp laptop stuck on a black screen.: My laptop running on windows 10 is stuck on a black screen. When I power it on, it doesn't show the windows logo or the hp logo. It's just black unless I press the esc key then it opens the bios setup. I tried booting with usb, but again it's just black after I press on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP laptop stuck on home screen