Windows 10: HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10

Discus and support HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My HP laptop has two graphic cards, and both of them are listed at the device manager: Code: Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 Radeon (TM) HD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by alleluia, Feb 14, 2016.

1. alleluia Win User

HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10

My HP laptop has two graphic cards, and both of them are listed at the device manager:

Code: Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 Radeon (TM) HD 8670M[/quote] HP supplied a Windows 8.1 driver which, in theory, would allow to switch the graphic cards (with the famous Catalyst). In practice, however, the Intel card was used most times, even for games.

After upgrading to Windows 10, the Catalyst is gone, and HP does not supply a Windows 10 driver for my computer. My laptop is using the Intel Graphic all the time, so, when purchasing my laptop, I payed 100 additional euros for nothing!

Is there a way to switch to the AMD card, even if I have to do it manually every time? If not, is there at least a way to use the AMD card all the time (instead of the Intel card)?

Thank you very much in advance.

:)

alleluia, Feb 14, 2016
  2. Ralf_G Win User

Display driver stops responding when opening/using Adobe Photoshop CC

It would help to know which model the graphics card is, whether this is a desktop or laptop and if a laptop is it a model that has switchable graphics.

Ralf_G, Feb 14, 2016
  3. VDCStore Win User
    how to solve the service registration is missing or corrupt issue .& Windows10 store also not working

i don't have a switchable graphic card !!!

My Laptop is an Ultrabook Acer S7

VDCStore, Feb 14, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

HP supplied a Windows 8.1 driver which, in theory, would allow to switch the graphic cards (with the famous Catalyst). In practice, however, the Intel card was used most times, even for games.

After upgrading to Windows 10, the Catalyst is gone, and HP does not supply a Windows 10 driver for my computer. My laptop is using the Intel Graphic all the time, so, when purchasing my laptop, I payed 100 additional euros for nothing!

Is there a way to switch to the AMD card, even if I have to do it manually every time? If not, is there at least a way to use the AMD card all the time (instead of the Intel card)?

Thank you very much in advance.[/quote] Hi alleluia and welcome to Tenforums.

You may be able to just disable the Intel HD Graphics 4000 in the BIOS of your system. Then the Radeon 8670M would be used all the time.

simrick, Feb 15, 2016
Thema:

1. HP laptop switchable graphic card on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - laptop switchable graphic

2. Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem: Hello, I have an issue with the switchable graphics display properties. I have analyzed the problem for literal years and no one has seemed to find an answer.The problem in detail:Laptop <Lenovo ideapad 310-abr15>OS <Windows 10 Home 21H2>GPU #0 <Radeon R5 Graphics>GPU #1...
  3. Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Switchable Graphics Discrete GPU Problem: Hello, I have an issue with the switchable graphics display properties. I have analyzed the problem for literal years and no one has seemed to find an answer.The problem in detail:Laptop <Lenovo ideapad 310-abr15>OS <Windows 10 Home 21H2>GPU #0 <Radeon R5 Graphics>GPU #1...
  4. HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -: Hi all, I have HP Pavilion dv6t CTO. Product: LF374AAR . I have install Windows 10 Home. version: 1909. with two GPU's: GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5. The computer is working only with the Intel GPU. but It cant "swap" to the AMD GPU. (I need it...
  5. HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Pavilion dv6 with Switchable graphic card -: Hi all, I have HP Pavilion dv6t CTO. Product: LF374AAR . I have install Windows 10 Home. version: 1909. with two GPU's: GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5. The computer is working only with the Intel GPU. but It cant "swap" to the AMD GPU. (I need it...
  6. Switchable graphic card drivers doesn't work

Switchable graphic card drivers doesn't work: Hi, I have HP Pavilion dv6-6b80ec (I was only owner) GPU1: Intel HD 3000 GPU2: AMD Radeon HD 6770M/2GB DDR5 Access Denied and recently I bought new SSD and installed it instead of CD-ROM, quick and easy swap, then I decided to install OS on the new SSD and then format the...
  7. Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics

Windows not recognizing AMD Switchable Graphics: Hi! I have a Dell Inspiron 5576. 265 SSD and 1TB HDD. I have AMD R5 and Rx560. The 560 is the dedicated, 4G. Adrenaline (the driver software) can see the RX560. Device Manager can see the RX560. Neither World of Warcraft nor Windows sees anything but the integrated R5,...
  8. Need help with Switchable Graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Switchable Graphics: Does any of you got switchable graphic problem it not working its running on intel HD I have a Dell Inspiron 15r se 7520 it has a 2gb AMD radion 7730m problem is that when playing games it only uses Intel HD 4000 not switching to AMD Any one got any solution for this...
  9. HP Switchable Graphics Problem

HP Switchable Graphics Problem: My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6-6047cl Entertainment Notebook PC with Intel i7-2630QM 2.0 GHz processor, with 8 GB RAM. I have had several different graphics problems and have upgraded the drivers. It has HP Switchable Graphics with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver and...
  10. Problems with HP switchable graphics - graphics drivers made slow boot

Problems with HP switchable graphics - graphics drivers made slow boot: I have HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook with switchable graphics bought year 2012. I have had almost all the time problems with those 2 graphics drivers (AMD HD 6770 and Intel HD Graphics 3000) HP do not have made new switchable graphics drivers (for example for Windows 7) for...