Windows 10: hp laptop/tablet. win 10 reset loop, no legacy mode to use usb.

Discus and support hp laptop/tablet. win 10 reset loop, no legacy mode to use usb. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm a bit of a pc man myself and have had pc's from the age of 8 but i decided to branch out a bit and embrace modern technology. i have been saving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kevthedev, Sep 28, 2016.

1. kevthedev Win User

hp laptop/tablet. win 10 reset loop, no legacy mode to use usb.

I'm a bit of a pc man myself and have had pc's from the age of 8 but i decided to branch out a bit and embrace modern technology.
    i have been saving for a bit for something nice and modern and come across an HP hp x2 210 tablet/laptop thing.
    It was second hand but practically brand new, in a box etc.

After a few days i decided the screen was to small for my aging eyes so i was looking to swap for something a little bigger.
    I then decided to reset windows as a lazy way of getting all my stuff off it.
    Then disaster struck *Sad
    The installation become stuck in a loop at the preparing stage, it would flash to getting ready and then restart.
    I couldn't be bothered messing about so decided just to re install windows via a usb i always have handy, only to find this bloody thing doesnt support legacy mode so i cant install windows via a usb.
    So i guess i needed to pop into recovery mode and see what i can do there. HOWEVER....
    Every time i click on something, be it command prompt..system restore or whatever it says i cant do it because i'm not an admin and there is no admin accounts on this pc.

Every possible solution is blocked by one thing or another.
    Im quite gutted because it took me a long time to save for this as i work on minimum wage and got a family to keep.
    The worst part about it is im getting some cool offers to swap for some decent laptops.
    Can anyone help me please?

ps . the image is showing to bios where there is no option to switch to legacy mode.

hp laptop/tablet. win 10 reset loop, no legacy mode to use usb. [​IMG]

:)

kevthedev, Sep 28, 2016
  2. SK2015 Win User

PHASE1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED in Windows 10

Hello

I was installing a fresh Win 10 install and just as reset was done and VAIO Laptop started to install 10, my laptop went into sleep mode and upon starting, I receive the dreaded
    PHASE1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED message and my laptop goes into a restart loop. Tried using USB and DVD to start but, no luck still the same loop. Cannot find my Win 8 recovery CD that came with laptop. Cannot get into DOS reboot or anything
    else as it is stock in re-loop.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

SK2015, Sep 28, 2016
  3. Nextbook nxw10qc32g will not complete reset. Help!!!!

Son brought the tablet to me already looping I do know he downloaded win 10. I've tried multiple time external reset it will start and stay on 1% for stay there for several mins then stop stating unable to complete.

Goes back to looping.

No restore disk/usb was made no restore point to backup to.

I need help.

Is there a command prompt that I could use?

Thanks.

Peytoncurtis1-, Sep 28, 2016
  4. mike s Win User

What happens if you disable secure boot (second line of boot options, listed on your screen shot as ENABLED in blue).
    Perhaps then the option to enable legacy mode or CSM might appear.

The right half of your screen shot talks about boot priorities in both UEFI and legacy modes, so it must be in there somewhere.

mike s, Sep 28, 2016
Thema:

1. hp laptop/tablet. win 10 reset loop, no legacy mode to use usb. - Similar Threads - laptop tablet reset

2. Tablet Mode for Win-11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet Mode for Win-11: Does a Win-11 Computer require keyboard is removal to enter Tablet Mode? Does this mean that the keyboard must be a Microsoft Keyboard? When will Tablet mode like Win-10 be available in Win-11. A date please! no BS. Dave...
  3. Tablet Mode for Win-11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet Mode for Win-11: Does a Win-11 Computer require keyboard is removal to enter Tablet Mode? Does this mean that the keyboard must be a Microsoft Keyboard? When will Tablet mode like Win-10 be available in Win-11. A date please! no BS. Dave...
  4. Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode: Actually a few days ago, i accidentally marked C: drive as active and didn't marked the system reserved partition as active back againSo, while booting up the pc, it shows that "No boot device found" My windows was installed in legacy mode and all data is stored in mbr...
  5. Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode: Actually a few days ago, i accidentally marked C: drive as active and didn't marked the system reserved partition as active back againSo, while booting up the pc, it shows that "No boot device found" My windows was installed in legacy mode and all data is stored in mbr...
  6. Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. HP Laptop Booting and Legacy Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop Booting and Legacy Mode: Hello I have a hp laptop with no OS on it, i formated the drive. I was trying to install the OS using windows media creation tool which i put on a USB but when i plugged it to my laptop and turned it on, it still said "no bootable device found insert a boot disk". I tried...
  8. Win 10 Multiple Displays with Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Multiple Displays with Tablet Mode: I am connecting my Ipad to my Win 10 system using Duet. Is it possible to have the Ipad running in Win 10 Tablet mode while my main desktop screen is not? submitted by /u/chopowski [link] [comments]...
  9. Tablet mode not working correctly on HP Envy Convertible laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tablet mode not working correctly on HP Envy Convertible laptop: I don't even know what caused this one, I reinstalled windows because i had the wrong edition installed, and ever since I did that, the tablet mode of my laptop stopped working correctly. It is a convertible laptop so i can fold it and use it as a tablet, but when I fold it,...
  10. On screen keyboard not visible in Tablet mode- HP X 360- Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    On screen keyboard not visible in Tablet mode- HP X 360- Win 10: When it turn the display screen to 360 deg flat, the tablet mode is activated. However the on screen keyboard does not appear, only a blank outline of the onscreen keyboard is seen, without any alphabets or numbers, which is not usable, Is there any specific setting I need...