Windows 10: HP Laptop Touch Screen Broken, Attempted Windows 10 Reset, Getting the Unexpected...

Discus and support HP Laptop Touch Screen Broken, Attempted Windows 10 Reset, Getting the Unexpected... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Community, I busted my touch screen on my HP 15-DWX**** a couple of months ago. I connected it to an external monitor and attempted a complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlisonGodoy1, Aug 8, 2020.

1. HP Laptop Touch Screen Broken, Attempted Windows 10 Reset, Getting the Unexpected...

Dear Community,

I busted my touch screen on my HP 15-DWX**** a couple of months ago. I connected it to an external monitor and attempted a complete reset. When my computer restarted, I had the "Windows Failed to Install Due to Unexpected Restart/Error." I did a restart, Shift/Delete and the screen appears on my external monitor and lets me choose the different ways to restart, recovery, ect. I have tried them all, but when I start up my laptop, it either refuses to work on the external monitor or I get the same recovery options issues. I want to sell my laptop as is but need to wipe it out. I am short on money and cannot afford to buy a new harddrive or screen.

Thank You

Alison

:)

AlisonGodoy1, Aug 8, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx More Support Options | HP® Customer Support

See if you can run through these troubleshooting steps:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (WindowsÂ*10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Step 1: Confirm the computer has a touch screen
    Step 2: Enable and reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
    Step 3: Configure the touch display
    Step 4: Install Windows updates
    Step 5: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics
    Step 6: Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
    Step 7: Perform a hard reset (notebook PCs) or full shutdown and restart (All-in-One PCs)
    Step 8: Update the BIOS and graphics driver

zbook, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Aug 8, 2020
  4. HP Laptop Touch Screen Broken, Attempted Windows 10 Reset, Getting the Unexpected...

HP laptop, cannot get touch screen to work

Hi yall,

I have a HP 15-f111dx laptop with a built in touch screen and I had downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 and when I did I had disabled the touch screen in Windows 7 settings but now that I've upgraded to Windows 10 I would like to reenable it, but so far I have not been able to.

I've tried going into the pen and touch settings in control panel but I don't see an option there to enable the touch screen. I've also went into device manager which does detect I have a touch screen and uninstalling the driver and restarting my laptop.

If anyone has any ideas to make this work, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
    JDIII

JohnDoeIII, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

HP Laptop Touch Screen Broken, Attempted Windows 10 Reset, Getting the Unexpected...

1. HP Laptop Touch Screen Broken, Attempted Windows 10 Reset, Getting the Unexpected... - Similar Threads - Laptop Touch Screen

2. I'm resetting my laptop with a broken Laptop screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm resetting my laptop with a broken Laptop screen.: Am I able to reset my laptop with a broken laptop screen even when I have a monitor hooked up? I have it hooked up to a HDMI port and when I originally tried to reset it I couldn't get it to switch to the monitor itself but when I shut it down it connected...
  3. I'm resetting my laptop with a broken Laptop screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm resetting my laptop with a broken Laptop screen.: Am I able to reset my laptop with a broken laptop screen even when I have a monitor hooked up? I have it hooked up to a HDMI port and when I originally tried to reset it I couldn't get it to switch to the monitor itself but when I shut it down it connected...
  4. Reset laptop HP windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset laptop HP windows 10: I reset my HP laptop with Windows 10 and it asks me for a username and password that I don't have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-laptop-hp-windows-10/ea622d53-2b57-4288-aff9-daacbf677248
  5. Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop: Hello Everyone, I recently noticed my touchscreen on my laptop stopped working for no reason. When running HP Hardware Diagnostics it works but not on the home screen. Any ideas how to fix?...
  6. Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop

Touch Screen Stopped Working HP Laptop: Hello Everyone, I recently noticed my touchscreen on my laptop stopped working for no reason. When running HP Hardware Diagnostics it works but not on the home screen. Any ideas how to fix?...
  7. Factory reseting laptop with broken screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory reseting laptop with broken screen: My laptops screen is broken and im using a tv as my screen using a hdmi cord the problem is when i factory reset my laptop its take a long time. Longer than normal. Can i still factory reset my laptop when it connected to a tv, and does it show up on my tv if its finished...
  8. Factory reseting laptop with broken screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reseting laptop with broken screen: My laptops screen is broken and im using a tv as my screen using a hdmi cord the problem is when i factory reset my laptop its take a long time. Longer than normal. Can i still factory reset my laptop when it connected to a tv, and does it show up on my tv if its finished...
  9. Factory reseting laptop with broken screen

10. HP laptop, cannot get touch screen to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP laptop, cannot get touch screen to work: Hi yall, I have a HP 15-f111dx laptop with a built in touch screen and I had downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 and when I did I had disabled the touch screen in Windows 7 settings but now that I've upgraded to Windows 10 I would like to reenable it, but so far I...