Windows 10: HP Laptop Turns off During Reset

Discus and support HP Laptop Turns off During Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I'm trying to reset my PC to it's original state but it keep shutting down on it's own during the reset process. I turn it back on and it tells me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anie45, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Anie45 Win User

HP Laptop Turns off During Reset

So I'm trying to reset my PC to it's original state but it keep shutting down on it's own during the reset process. I turn it back on and it tells me its undoing changes. How do I fix this? I want to be able to wipe my laptop but it turns off automatically, despite it being plugged in.

:)

Anie45, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Apr 5, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Resetting my HP laptop

Since it is a new HP laptop and you want to reset it, instead of using the Windows 10 Reset, why not use the HP Factory Restore application, it should be located on your Start Menu - the alphabetical list - scroll down to the HP suite of apps and look
    for recovery . . .

DaveM121, Apr 5, 2019
  4. HP Laptop Turns off During Reset

Comp Cmndo, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

HP Laptop Turns off During Reset

1. HP Laptop Turns off During Reset - Similar Threads - Laptop Turns off

2. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  3. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  4. I accidently turned off my laptop during a reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently turned off my laptop during a reset: I accidently turned off my laptop during a reset now its just constantly showing the logo and restarting again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-turned-off-my-laptop-during-a-reset/7de96bbd-b300-48c8-819c-3073958e6390
  5. I accidently turned off my laptop during a reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidently turned off my laptop during a reset: I accidently turned off my laptop during a reset now its just constantly showing the logo and restarting again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-turned-off-my-laptop-during-a-reset/7de96bbd-b300-48c8-819c-3073958e6390
  6. I accidently turned off my laptop during a reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. HP Pavillion Laptop turned off during factory reset

HP Pavillion Laptop turned off during factory reset: I was resetting my laptop because I was planning on selling it and it turned off during the factory reset. Now, whenever I turn it on the HP and loading symbols come up for about five seconds, then the screen goes black and repeats. Loading symbol, black screen, restart....
  8. HP laptop randomly turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop randomly turns off: My HP laptop randomly turns itself off and doesnt turn back on for around 10 minutes. I have removed the charger, restarted RAM, updated and restored BIOS and nothing seems to have worked. Also worth noting that the laptop often turns off when moved aswell. Anyone have any...
  9. Pc turned off during reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc turned off during reset: I was resetting my pc to sell then The screen froze and about 10 minutes later it turned off and now every time I turn it back on a page comes up saying my pc had an unexpected restart and says press ok to download windows and every time I press ok it does the same thing over...
  10. Laptop turned off during an update

Laptop turned off during an update: My laptop turned off during a windows 10 update and now every time i try to turn it on, it tells me that it is reverting the changes and restarts again. It has been in a loop like this forever now, is there a way to fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hp desktop acidently turned off dury reset

2. how to reset pc from turned off state