Windows 10: HP laptop webcam stopped working, and driver problems

Discus and support HP laptop webcam stopped working, and driver problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One day my integrated webcam worked, the next day it didn't and hasn't since. Under device manager, I had no "Imaging devices" listing, and no cam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BL2112, May 14, 2019.

1. BL2112 Win User

HP laptop webcam stopped working, and driver problems

One day my integrated webcam worked, the next day it didn't and hasn't since.
    Under device manager, I had no "Imaging devices" listing, and no cam under "Sound, video and game controllers". Then under View, I checked show hidden devices and Imaging devices appeared, with my cam in it. But the cam still wouldn't work.

As suggested by online guides, I tried clicking roll back driver, but after asking if I really want to, and clicking yes, it wouldn't do anything.
    Then also as suggested, I removed the device (and driver) from device manager, and rebooted, but Windows didn't reinstall the cam and now it's gone. I clicked action>scan for hardware changes, but it didn't work.

Settings > Privacy > Camera > "Let apps use my camera" is checked.
    I have no camera app under Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Camera. I don't think that's required though is it? I think that's one of the many default apps Windows installs that either I or my work tech support removed, as they did remove several of them through pushed updates not long after we got these laptops.

I downloaded HP Universal Camera Driver for my laptop model from:
    Access Denied
    The driver unpacks to C:\SWSetup, which leaves a bunch of folders and subfolders and no instructions (unlike what the driver website says, which is follow the onscreen instructions). I went to C:\SWSetup\SP85691\Realtek and ran setup.exe, which seemed to install it, and I rebooted. But I still don't have the cam in devmgr.

FYI, other choices the downloaded file unpacked were:
    under C:\SWSetup
    SP77379
    SP77379_H
    SP85691 (this is also the name of the original file I downloaded, so not sure why the other two folders are there)

under C:\SWSetup\SP85691
    Realtek (in device manager, my driver page said Realtek)
    Sonix
    Sunplus

Not sure if it's related but the internal mic also stopped working a few months ago, and I've been using a USB headset mic instead. I haven't tried installing new drivers.

:)

BL2112, May 14, 2019
  2. solpuerto Win User

Webcam drivers for HP Pavilion X2-10

The Webcam on this laptop has been working fine for some time, but just recently it stopped working and I believe this occurred after one of the automatic upgrades. Following considerable investigation I find that I have 2 drivers under Imaging devices, they are as follows.

A Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2400
    B Intel(R) AVStream Camera

When it stopped working B was the driver showing under Imaging devices.

I also discovered that when I "updated" the driver and selected A the webcam worked and I thought problem solved but when I close down and then restart the webcam no longer works. The device listed in Device manager is still A. If I "update " still driver A the webcam works again.

Driver B is still present but only when I get to "Select the device driver to install". I do not select it.

How can I get out of this loop? Will deleting driver B help and if so how do I do this?

Any help appreciated.

I should say the HP is Win 10 Home

solpuerto, May 14, 2019
  3. HP Webcam Help.

I have a webcam problem myself. I have an older Logitech quickcam that doesn't have drivers released for Vista and isn't autodetected. There's no model listed. It's round with a 3 point base. The disc that came with it didn't have Vista and new quickcam drivers don't work with it.

Anyway to avoid buying a new one and getting this one to work?

B1gg3stN00b, May 14, 2019
  4. HP laptop webcam stopped working, and driver problems

Problem in accessing Webcam on Windows 10 HP Probook 4430s laptop

Hi Tony,

• Did you try installing the webcam drivers from HP support site as suggested by Yeshwanth?

You may try the suggestions provided from this HP support site and check if it helps.

HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)

HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

You may also refer this Microsoft Blog to fix the webcam issue on Windows 10:

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

Regards,

John Rubdy, May 14, 2019
Thema:

HP laptop webcam stopped working, and driver problems

1. HP laptop webcam stopped working, and driver problems - Similar Threads - laptop webcam stopped

2. Webcam stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam stopped working: I have an HP tower I bought in the Fall of 2020 along with a webcam on Amazon, which is plug and play. It worked fine on several of the Zoom sessions I needed to be on. I recently needed to use it again, but it wouldn't work. I have done all the suggested fixes, i.e. given...
  3. Webcam and Mic stopped working on laptop

Webcam and Mic stopped working on laptop: Hello guys ! I have an MSI GS66 laptop and suddenly my camera and mic stopped working. The camera isn't on device manager even in hidden mode. I've try so far : - Reset windows - SFC Scan restore health, cleanup etc... - Checking privacy - Running troubleshooter on...
  4. HP webcam driver

HP webcam driver: Webcam drivers not available following windows update of my HP Laptop is there a substitute available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-webcam-driver/ec864947-8b11-432b-a842-919d3b80db82
  5. Dell Laptop Webcam stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Laptop Webcam stopped working: Dell laptop build in webcam stopped working. Get error code: 0xA00F4244<noCameraAreAttached. Privacy settings are all on. In Device Manager I do not get a Camera option....
  6. HP laptop TrueVision webcam driver

HP laptop TrueVision webcam driver: I have a new HP laptop with an HP TrueVision webcam. The picture quality looks terrible and has a pink tint to it. It looks like night vision, but pink instead of green. I have tried everything to fix it. I took my computer back to its original setting and that did not work....
  7. HP WebCam Problem

HP WebCam Problem: how to fix error 0xA00F4250,PhotoCaptureStartFailed> 0xC00D3EA2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-webcam-problem/03f57dea-a482-441e-a76b-1fa6ae49ceca
  8. HP Webcam Driver

HP Webcam Driver: Has anyone with a HP laptop been able to update or fix the webcam. I've been trying at the HP community forums with MANY others and they have all kinds of talk but to solution that works and NO driver update. BTW my webcam is the HP Truevision HD. 155053
  9. webcam stopped working

webcam stopped working: My webcam stopped working. If I start the camera app there is a screen of dark colored static, never an image. Have uninstalled & reinstalled cameras regular and infrared, updated drivers, rolled back drivers, repeatedly scanned for hardware changes, dxdiag, webcam...
  10. Webcam on HP Envy 15 Laptop stopped working in Skype

Webcam on HP Envy 15 Laptop stopped working in Skype: The camera is not broken as I was able to use it on a "test my camera" site. But it does not work on the Camera App (0xA00F4240 error), where it claims I need to change Privacy Settings. However, the privacy settings show camera is accessible by all apps. In the test frame...