Windows 10: Hp laptop wifi shuts off

Discus and support Hp laptop wifi shuts off in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I'm looking at an hp laptop for a friend, and their WiFi 5 keeps shutting off. I can't figure out what's wrong with it, but this thing does have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Callamy, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Hp laptop wifi shuts off

Hello. I'm looking at an hp laptop for a friend, and their WiFi 5 keeps shutting off. I can't figure out what's wrong with it, but this thing does have a copy of win 10 that isn't activated. Will this cause the WiFi to dump?

submitted by /u/Callamy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Callamy, Jan 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 wifi solution for hp

I believe to have found an easy solution to the wifi problem after the upgrade to windows 10 on my hp laptop.

I just shut down windows and then booted the quick web, and then enabled wifi via the quick web.

I then shut down quick web and logged in to windows and my wifi works perfectly.

I suggest you follow these simply steps if you're unable to toggle your wifi on with your hp.

1. Boot quick web and toggle wifi on

2. Switch back to windows and you should see wifi enabled.

Thanks

Ebenezer Aboagye, Jan 7, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    HP Pavilion laptop wifi problems

Couple of things.

First, I'm almost positive that model of laptop was part of the big HP recall. The cooling was sub-par and the chipset had the problem with the solder failing due to heat.

Second, the WIFI starting to fail was an early sign that the laptop was close to dying.

newtekie1, Jan 7, 2021
  4. enen Win User

Hp laptop wifi shuts off

HP Probook 650 G2 wifi problem

Hello everyone,

I got a HP Probook 650 G2 laptop but can't get wifi working. Wired connection works good. There's no wifi adapter in Device Manager. Wifi button in the upper right corner is in orange. When i press it, the only thing it does is turning airplane mode on/off. Downloaded and installed all newest official drivers from HP website, ran HP Support Assistant software utility, updated BIOS, looked in there for any clue of wlan/wifi etc... nothing. External wifi antenna with Atheros drivers works fine. Can someone help me to get internal wifi adapter working? How else can i check if it's connected to PC properly without disassembling laptop? Thanks in advance.

enen, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Hp laptop wifi shuts off

1. Hp laptop wifi shuts off - Similar Threads - laptop wifi shuts

2. HP Laptop Slow, no High Resources, shut off and fixed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop Slow, no High Resources, shut off and fixed: Hello,Can anybody enlighten me as to what could have caused a HP Laptop I have to run very slow, slow to shut down, slow to boot up 8+min no CPU, RAM, Graphics, Storage Drive SSD or any resources going high or maxed out.But then, during checks, it suddenly shut off by itself,...
  3. Laptop shuts off

Laptop shuts off: I installed a new cooling fan in my HP laptop. Windows will not identify the new hardware. Since the last update a couple of days ago my laptop shuts off after a few minutes of inactivity. When I restart, I have to be quick to hit the enter button when the 15 second...
  4. WiFi shuts off every morning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi shuts off every morning: Every morning when I log into my Surface Laptop 2 around 8am my home network shows the “no internet, secured” thing until around 10:00 when it turns on. I’ve got online classes, and literally have to use my phone for the first 3 classes. Any suggestions or help? submitted by...
  5. HP laptop shuts off

HP laptop shuts off: I have to keep rebooting it. what can cause this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-shuts-off/8aefd8ce-a25e-46c0-a20a-9a0b03959bcd
  6. Wifi Adapter keeps shutting off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter keeps shutting off: Using my phone to do this, I have been dealing with my wifi adapter doing this, it will last 10 mimutes at most before it shuts off and will not turn back on, troubleshooter keeps saying Windows 10 cant bind the IP protocal stack to the network adapter. It is a belkin Wifi...
  7. shutting off my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    shutting off my laptop: I left click on the icon and choose shut down but it won't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/shutting-off-my-laptop/2b81c875-c80b-4541-a41e-97cc8767d646"
  8. WIFI adaoter periodically shuts off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI adaoter periodically shuts off: Recently, my WIFI adapter (USB) will shut off. The Diagnosis shows nothing. When I select the WIFI system it has gone from blue to gray. Also checked Settings. If/When I reboot it works fine. I am connected to wireless WIFI in my building. 96977
  9. HP Laptop Shuts Off When Sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Shuts Off When Sleeping: Morning everyone! I'm writing with a question about my mom's laptop which is running Windows 10. Up until yesterday morning, it would go to sleep after 20 minutes and wake back up with the move of the mouse or a keypress. Now, when it goes to sleep, it completely powers...
  10. Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Refuses to Shut Off: I have a 5 month new Dell XPS 13 laptop, running Windows 10, 64 bit. It has been running perfectly fine until the other day when I noticed the unit couldn't be turned off as it usually does. I hit the Power Off button, but instead of shutting down it restarts as if I hit...