Windows 10: HP Laptop will not boot from Install Media - Inifinite Spinning Circle

Discus and support HP Laptop will not boot from Install Media - Inifinite Spinning Circle in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My son's laptop stopped working. It would start to boot, but always went into a diagnostic mode. Running the diagnostics, we learned that the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DRL_Audio, Sep 17, 2020.

1. DRL_Audio Win User

HP Laptop will not boot from Install Media - Inifinite Spinning Circle

My son's laptop stopped working. It would start to boot, but always went into a diagnostic mode. Running the diagnostics, we learned that the problem was the hard drive DST failed. So we installed a replacement hard drive. Went to Microsoft and used the Media Creator to download Windows10 and made a bootable USB drive with the install media.

Plugged that into his laptop, booted the computer, made sure the BIOS was set to boot from the USB drive pressed ESC on bootup, F9 to enter boot options, and made sure the USB drive was selected. But it won't boot. It gets to the splash screen and then we get the spinning dot circle... and that's it. I know it can sometimes take 10-20 minutes to boot from a USB drive, but we left it OVERNIGHT... so it tried to boot for about 8 hours, and still nothing. Tried several times, always with the same result.

So now I have a laptop with a new hard drive, but no operating system, and no way to load the OS because it won't boot from the install media.

Help!

Thanks.

:)

DRL_Audio, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Installation media boots to command prompt

I do not believe its a keyboard malfunction because same thing happens with usb keyboard. Is that what you mean by external? I tried installing using an external optical drive also but get the same results.

I created a windows 10 x64 installer via microsoft media creation tool. I have used 2 different drives that i know be in working order. I also created a dvd installer via media creation tool as well..
    When i boot to the DVD i see the circles. i didnt notice windows logo but above the circles had the HP logo. before that i get the boot to cd/dvd option.

When installing via the usb installer since i have both x32 and x64 on it i choose the x64 option and then i see the spinning circles but boots to command prompt after that. i dont see anything before that.

I know all my installers are good. I even tried to boot to an official windows 8.1 disc and the same thing happens..

I have reset bios to default. I made sure the secure boot is turned on. I guess i could try turning it off to allow legacy but i know for a fact i do not need to do that with these installers. but i could try. any other thoughts?

carlos28355, Sep 17, 2020
  4. MaxP11 Win User

Spinning blue circle of death

• Upgraded to Windows 10 during free upgrade period on 4 yr old HP Envy Laptop.
    • Experienced no issues for several months
    • Now, almost every time I try to open, cut and paste a file or create a new folder...spinning blue circle of death and the application freezes.
    • I can still perform other tasks.
    • Never had patience to wait it out. But one time, I was called away and when I returned, the file was ready to rename, copy etc...
    What will stop this and how do I speed up the computer? I was only at 13% CPU usage with 2 programs running, and 6 websites open on two different browsers. That said, the blue spinning circle of death happens even when there are no other programs open.

I've also notice that this machine seems to never be able to connect to HP support for updates. Even when I try it manually walking through the steps, it seems like it gets tied up in the downloading portion.

Background info= HP Envy Laptop; Intel i7; 8 GB RAM; 1 TB storage (but only 1/3 full); wirelessly connected to a cable modem. Movies download fast so I don't believe the connection is an issue.

MaxP11, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. HP Laptop will not boot from Install Media - Inifinite Spinning Circle - Similar Threads - Laptop boot Install

2. Spinning circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spinning circle: Just bought a new computer. Trying to set it up.Managed to connect Wi-Fi, then when I get to the "Create a pin" page it is a spinning wheel and nothing happens. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-circle/5c59b155-8676-4f5d-ba0f-f20738ea3140
  3. Spinning circle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spinning circle: Just bought a new computer. Trying to set it up.Managed to connect Wi-Fi, then when I get to the "Create a pin" page it is a spinning wheel and nothing happens. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-circle/5c59b155-8676-4f5d-ba0f-f20738ea3140
  4. Spinning circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spinning circle: How can I stopThe spinning circle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-circle/399613d1-60c3-488b-8d32-aabc85425233
  5. Spinning circle

Spinning circle: How can I stopThe spinning circle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-circle/399613d1-60c3-488b-8d32-aabc85425233
  6. spinning circle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    spinning circle: when i change my astro headset from voice to game a get a blue circle constantly flashing? how do i fix this ? submitted by /u/ImmaShitMyPants [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkoq7y/spinning_circle/
  7. Spinning circle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spinning circle: Our family computer has 2 logins. Whenever one of us logs in, the spinning circle comes up after and all the shortcuts on the taskbar are gone. We cannot access the windows taskbar either but the icon is there. The only way it has worked is if I hit CTRL ALT DEL and chose...
  8. Spinning Circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning Circle: I have never had this happen before, but lately every time there is an update, something throws off my entire computer! Printer stops working and now it's been circling for the better part of the day with an update, and security updates! I can't do business like this, and my...
  9. spinning circle

spinning circle: I am having trouble with videos loading. I get this spinning circle on all sites. I am using windows 10. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-circle/9b88a38c-7abc-4503-a3e4-c2e5d894cb0b
  10. No windows logo with spinning circle on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    No windows logo with spinning circle on boot: When I boot my Dell laptop the Dell boot screen appears, than the screen shuts off for some seconds, than it awakes in Windows Hello screen. Anyone know what is happening? Everything except this works as usual. I just updated to Windows 10 Anniversary update (did a clean...