Windows 10: HP laptop will not respond

Discus and support HP laptop will not respond in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HP Pavillion laptop will not let me log in at all. When i turn it on it will display a pink screen with the loading symbol continuously, sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FreyaFogell, Sep 16, 2018.

1. HP laptop will not respond

My HP Pavillion laptop will not let me log in at all. When i turn it on it will display a pink screen with the loading symbol continuously, sometimes it goes to a black screen with just my cursor, sometimes it does go to the login screen and i will type my password but then it will go back to the pink screen with a loading symbol. I have tried shutting it down 3 times continously to get to windows systems repair but it always fails to find anything wrong with the laptop. Sometimes on the login screen the first icon on the right has a red cross on it too.

:)

FreyaFogell, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Sep 17, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, Sep 17, 2018
  4. HP laptop will not respond

Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

HP laptop will not respond

1. HP laptop will not respond - Similar Threads - laptop respond

2. ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QY Laptop No Longer is responding to main 6800M Radeon Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QY Laptop No Longer is responding to main 6800M Radeon Graphics Card: I own a ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QY Laptop and the day it started was when I woke up that morning and booted it up and everything seemed fine so I power off and go to work, I come back and when I boot it up my main monitor that I have connected via display port does not connect...
  3. ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QY Laptop No Longer is responding to main 6800M Radeon Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QY Laptop No Longer is responding to main 6800M Radeon Graphics Card: I own a ASUS ROG Strix G15 G513QY Laptop and the day it started was when I woke up that morning and booted it up and everything seemed fine so I power off and go to work, I come back and when I boot it up my main monitor that I have connected via display port does not connect...
  4. R key and X key of my laptop keyboard can't respond.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    R key and X key of my laptop keyboard can't respond.: I use omen2021, and my external keyboard is all right, but the R key and X key of my laptop keyboard can't respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/r-key-and-x-key-of-my-laptop-keyboard-cant-respond/2034a170-53a9-4749-95c4-89be5d0c7a20
  5. R key and X key of my laptop keyboard can't respond.

R key and X key of my laptop keyboard can't respond.: I use omen2021, and my external keyboard is all right, but the R key and X key of my laptop keyboard can't respond. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/r-key-and-x-key-of-my-laptop-keyboard-cant-respond/2034a170-53a9-4749-95c4-89be5d0c7a20
  6. My laptop isn't responding to anything?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop isn't responding to anything?: My samsung galaxy book has had this issue before where it doesnt respond to any interactions such as the caps lock, charging light, and power button. I've tried to restart it, boot in safe mode, ctrl alt del. When I got it fixed the first time, I was told it was an issue with...
  7. My laptop isn't responding to anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop isn't responding to anything?: My samsung galaxy book has had this issue before where it doesnt respond to any interactions such as the caps lock, charging light, and power button. I've tried to restart it, boot in safe mode, ctrl alt del. When I got it fixed the first time, I was told it was an issue with...
  8. My laptop isn't responding to anything?

9. After upgrading to windows 11, my laptop is not responding. It is just showing a black...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrading to windows 11, my laptop is not responding. It is just showing a black...: I recently updated my laptop windows to version 11 and started facing black screen issue in lock screen. I am literally unable to provide any inputs or see anything apart from black screen and a mouse cursor.I tried all the solutions available over internet to this problem...
  10. After upgrading to windows 11, my laptop is not responding. It is just showing a black...

After upgrading to windows 11, my laptop is not responding. It is just showing a black...: I recently updated my laptop windows to version 11 and started facing black screen issue in lock screen. I am literally unable to provide any inputs or see anything apart from black screen and a mouse cursor.I tried all the solutions available over internet to this problem...