Windows 10: HP Laptop, Win10, keyboard behaving very oddly

Discus and support HP Laptop, Win10, keyboard behaving very oddly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, A while ago my friend spilt some wine on his laptop keyboard. Bang & Olufsen Envy, with Windows 10. Since then he's had a very odd problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bel-p, Oct 26, 2020.

1. bel-p Win User

HP Laptop, Win10, keyboard behaving very oddly

Hi,

A while ago my friend spilt some wine on his laptop keyboard. Bang & Olufsen Envy, with Windows 10.

Since then he's had a very odd problem with it:

In most cases it will ONLY type vowels and these vowels are all accented.

If he opens an internet browser types in Control + J then the keyboard works again, but ONLY for the internet browser. All other places the he can still only type accented vowels.

This is the case using the built in laptop keyboard, and a USB keyboard and a wireless bluetooth keyboard, also I think the onscreen keyboard.

I've tried restarting PC etc, but no luck.

I've also uninstallled the keyboard from Device Manager but that didn't help.

Any ideas please??????

Many thanks

:)

bel-p, Oct 26, 2020
  2. loftus49 Win User

Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Oct 26, 2020
  3. wovens Win User
    N900 Keyboard behaves strange

No extra nothing here.

Next time it has a behaviour problem, before I get rid of it on ebay I will video it and put on youtube so that everybody can see.

It behaves oddly even after plain flash with no applications installed.

I've attached a log file on another thread but nobody cared or had the knowledge to suggest anything other than the repair shop.

Thanks anyway.

wovens, Oct 26, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

What is the latest stable build of Win10 ?

Does the Win10 update's "keep my files":
    1.) Remove Firefox Mozilla's saved user+pass list ?
    2.) Remove HP laptop's pre-installed drivers & programs like: HP utility, HP cool sense and such...
    3.) I have also a online-paid MsOffice 2013 and update probably removes it... Do I just pick the serial number and use it again ?

user33331, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

1. HP Laptop, Win10, keyboard behaving very oddly - Similar Threads - Laptop Win10 keyboard

2. HDR is very odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR is very odd: Im using a LG ultragear 1440p HDR monitor and when I enable HDR the screen is more yellow (even whites) and the brightness adjusts automatically based off whats on the screen. I had hulu open on half my monitor and it was full black and I minimized it and everything else got...
  3. Something very odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something very odd.: I went on my computer and turned on Task Manager and found a process going by "WaasMedic Agent Exe" i don't remember downloading anything yesterday. Is this something bad?[IMG]...
  4. Windows behaving oddly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows behaving oddly: Hi My PC froze while playing a game and after restart the windows 10 has been acting weird. First it takes long to login and the screen goes from black to back and windows keeps reopening file manager. And now when that is over when I click the startup button or the search...
  5. Windows 10 behaves oddly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 behaves oddly: I am on the latest build. And suddenly its started behaving strangely. Keyboard doesn't works properly, tried changing keyboard and tried on screen keyboard but not working. It thought it could be a malware found some suspicious apps deleted them but still probelm not solved....
  6. Windows Defender behaving oddly...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender behaving oddly...: Hi. Several manual attempts to run Defender in Windows 10 Pro on a Dell 7280 (RAM 16g and SSD at 65% capacity) resulted in only 15 files being scanned using both Quick and Full scan modes. Windows, Defender and all updates appear to be current. Defender was set for...
  7. Keyboard not matching settings sometimes, very odd

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard not matching settings sometimes, very odd: hello, I have the PC set to UK English but my keyboard is Italian because the computer is Italian... I have both UK English and Italian installed on the PC and sometimes the keyboard doesn't make sense anymore and it picks up English, so say the @ sign is not where the keys...
  8. After update in windows 10 my keyboard behaves oddly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After update in windows 10 my keyboard behaves oddly: What happens is: 1. When I hit the Ctrl + letter, now I need to release and press Ctrl again to make it work. Before it I could just hold Ctrl and press the button - it worked fine. 2. I created a combination "AltGr + k" 10 years ago and it prints backslash. Always worked...
  9. DVD drive behaving oddly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive behaving oddly: Well, my DVD drive has been behaving oddly of late. I use it mostly for audio playback with my aging but still great CDs and occasionally for trying to make a bootable DVD ISO. (So far, no luck.) But after the system goes to sleep and reawakens the drive is invisible and...
  10. Windows Explorer behaves oddly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer behaves oddly: When I double click on a drive or directory, normally Explorer shows the contents. Now it displays a message this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or if one is already installed, create an association in the...