Windows 10: HP Laptop Windows 10 need help- DESPERATE!

Discus and support HP Laptop Windows 10 need help- DESPERATE! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to factory reset my windows 10 HP laptop. I have followed the tutorial on the Microsoft website to a T and it still says I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 3TimeScorpio, Aug 29, 2020.

1. HP Laptop Windows 10 need help- DESPERATE!

Hello,

I am trying to factory reset my windows 10 HP laptop. I have followed the tutorial on the Microsoft website to a T and it still says I need to clear more space (1 GB to be exact) in order to factory reset. I have deleted every app and program on my laptop that allows me to uninstall it, including all browsers, pics, etc. It's literally EMPTY. What can I do to get the factory reset option to actually work? I have a usb drive that has 265 GB of free space and I thought inserting that into my computer would free up some space but apparently I am wrong. any help is greatly appreciated, I am not exactly the best with computers.

:)

3TimeScorpio, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

HP Stream Laptop

Hi there,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

1. May I know the version of Windows that you are using?
    2. What is the total hard disk space of your laptop?

I would suggest you to take a backup of all your user data, after which you can try and perform the steps to

Free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Check if that helps.

Please get back to us if you need any further suggestions.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 29, 2020
  4. HP Laptop Windows 10 need help- DESPERATE!

Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

HP Laptop Windows 10 need help- DESPERATE!

1. HP Laptop Windows 10 need help- DESPERATE! - Similar Threads - Laptop need help

2. Desperately In need of help with this matter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desperately In need of help with this matter.: Hello. My PC has been having a serious issue I've spend the past 2 months searching for solution and couldn't find any solution for this matter at all. My PC severly lags and intterupts my audio making it popping and crackling with mouse lag to the point my whole system...
  3. Desperately In need of help with this matter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desperately In need of help with this matter.: Hello. My PC has been having a serious issue I've spend the past 2 months searching for solution and couldn't find any solution for this matter at all. My PC severly lags and intterupts my audio making it popping and crackling with mouse lag to the point my whole system...
  4. Desperate need for tech help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desperate need for tech help: Hi thank you I have used msword for awhile now, and recently renewed my subscription $99. However, my yahoo acct that I use to sign in for my windows, word, ms acct has been hacked. Not only that, but they changed the recovery email, and phone. i dont think they got into any...
  5. Desperate need for tech help

Desperate need for tech help: Hi thank you I have used msword for awhile now, and recently renewed my subscription $99. However, my yahoo acct that I use to sign in for my windows, word, ms acct has been hacked. Not only that, but they changed the recovery email, and phone. i dont think they got into any...
  6. Desperate need for tech help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I need desperate help!

I need desperate help!: For about a month now, I've been having this insane, annoying and frustrating issue of my keyboard randomly cutting out until either i restart my computer or wait about ten minutes, the keyboard goes out like every 10 mins or so. I'm so drained and i have lost so much time...
  8. I need desperate help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need desperate help!: For about a month now, I've been having this insane, annoying and frustrating issue of my keyboard randomly cutting out until either i restart my computer or wait about ten minutes, the keyboard goes out like every 10 mins or so. I'm so drained and i have lost so much time...
  9. Desperately need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desperately need help: So I was updating some apps here and there on my desktop and when I went to reboot I got this error message thay said "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". Now, I've been trying to access the bios but since I had...
  10. I need desperate help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need desperate help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrrrrrB [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7bnwv/i_need_desperate_help/