Windows 10: HP Laptop - Windows 10 - Settings options for touchpad missing

Discus and support HP Laptop - Windows 10 - Settings options for touchpad missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Settings for my touchpad are awfully limited. On the previous laptop that I owned there was an extensive menu for enabling and disabling touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by D.Titanium, Jan 9, 2020.

1. HP Laptop - Windows 10 - Settings options for touchpad missing

Settings for my touchpad are awfully limited. On the previous laptop that I owned there was an extensive menu for enabling and disabling touchpad gestures. A search on this Windows Support forum yeilded a topic that directed you on how to update drivers within the Device Manager settings menu. I updated the drivers and restarted my laptop and below is a print screen of my settings following the driver update. As you can see there really isn't much of use there. When I click the link on the right "Additional settings" the traditional Mouse Properties window appears but within that window no settings for the touchpad. I searched this board once again but turned up empty handed. Is there a download to patch the missing menu items or perhaps a code that will bring them back through Registry Editor? Thank you for your help in advance.

HP Laptop - Windows 10 - Settings options for touchpad missing 116de8b7-9039-4bd0-b8c8-7093bc89307a?upload=true.jpg

:)

D.Titanium, Jan 9, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 9, 2020
  3. kuba3332 Win User
    Missing option to keep touchpad off when a mouse is plugged in

kuba3332, Jan 9, 2020
  4. EPurcel Win User

HP Laptop - Windows 10 - Settings options for touchpad missing

Missing option to keep touchpad off when a mouse is plugged in

I`ve been reading several threads on this topic and have tried the different solutions offered, but so far none has worked.

I have Win 10 /64

Under Touchpad, there should be an option to turn off the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in, however this option is missing. I tried the suggestion to download the drivers for my computer, an HP laptop, which I did, specifically the most recent for the
    touchpad, mouse and usb devices, but the missing option did not appear.

That suggestion is in this thread:
    here

The suggestion to roll back an MS update from 2017 which is posted in an earlier thread is too outdated for me to try.

The only option I have at this point is to go into either the mouse or the touchpad settings every time I turn on the computer and deactivate the touchpad. This is not a very convenient workaround and I would like to know how to get his option which is
    supposed to be there.

Thanks.

EPurcel, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

HP Laptop - Windows 10 - Settings options for touchpad missing

1. HP Laptop - Windows 10 - Settings options for touchpad missing - Similar Threads - Laptop Settings options

2. Missing Touchpad Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Touchpad Settings: I've been playing some videogames and it really bothers me when my cursor randomly flicks to another position. I realized that it was my touchpad and I was tapping it unintentionally while trying to press space.So, I went online and tried to see how can I disable the...
  3. Missing Touchpad Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Touchpad Settings: I've been playing some videogames and it really bothers me when my cursor randomly flicks to another position. I realized that it was my touchpad and I was tapping it unintentionally while trying to press space.So, I went online and tried to see how can I disable the...
  4. Missing Touchpad Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Missing Touchpad Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Touchpad Settings: My touchpad settings aren't present except for Taps setting. I don't know why I don't have them, other Windows 10 laptop at my home has them all. My windows version number is here: [img] This is how the screen looks like: [img] And this is how it should look with all...
  6. Missing Touchpad Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Touchpad Settings: My touchpad settings aren't present except for Taps setting. I don't know why I don't have them, other Windows 10 laptop at my home has them all. My windows version number is here: [img] This is how the screen looks like: [img] And this is how it should look with all...
  7. Settings are missing for touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings are missing for touchpad: Previous touchpad settings used to have numerous choices to tweak yet currently's everything clear. Is there an approach to get to or recover those settings. Nothing for scroll direction. PC : HP 15 du2009tu Windows 10 2004 Troubleshooter doesn't recognize any issue...
  8. Touchpad Setting missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad Setting missing: Just recently after doing an update I don't remember what, but it had the word Intel on it, I'm having trouble with my touchpad. It didn't work, and when I checked Settings, the touchpad setting is entirely missing. I checked the windows update history and I couldn't find the...
  9. Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings.

Gesture options are missing in touchpad settings.: I want to disable and enable few gestures. But when I go on setting page and I am lost because there no options to do so and I am pretty sure my laptop does supports gesture features. Please help me in that. It will be a great help to me....
  10. Touchpad Options are missing

Touchpad Options are missing: Hello, I recently bought a USB touchpad named "Vogek USB Touchpad (wired)" for my Desktop PC. (It seems it belongs to Jelly Comb.) The OS, which I use, is Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. After I connected the device with my PC, it was recognized immediately and I could use it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows settings touchpad missing

2. hp laptop touchpad settings missing

3. touchpad settings on this laptop

4. hp laptop touchpad settings windows 10,
  5. hp laptop touchpad settings,
  6. HP touchpad settings Windows 10,
  7. nu vot,
  8. touchpad option missing in hp laptop,
  9. download touchpad settings for my Hp laptop,
  10. scroll doesnt work on laptop,
  11. HP Steam 14 laptop is there a way to fix and change ELAN mouse/touchpad or do I need to buy a new laptop?,
  12. got no touchpad settings on my laptop,
  13. no touchpad option in windows 10 settings