Windows 10: HP laptop, Windows 10 unable to boot

Discus and support HP laptop, Windows 10 unable to boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last week, I was having problems. I ran System Restore, but it failed. Without warning, no boot. Finally it showed the error msg. collecting data to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RRob613, Nov 26, 2018.

1. RRob613 Win User

HP laptop, Windows 10 unable to boot

Last week, I was having problems. I ran System Restore, but it failed. Without warning, no boot. Finally it showed the error msg. collecting data to send to MS and will reboot. It then tried the Automatic Repair which also failed. and that is what happens now. I have tried all dates for System Restore, but all have failed. I thought my hard drive was failing, and was able to get into a test program and the HD checked OK. I have been looking for a way to start in Safe Mode, but all on line advice showed starting from within Windows. I really would like to make progress without having to do a clean windows install. Any help with this problem would be very welcome. Thanks

:)

RRob613, Nov 26, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    HP laptop unable to boot.

Hi Mikey,

You’ll automatically boot to Advanced startup options after your laptop restarts a few times. You can also access the Advanced startup options by pressing F8 while on the early boot phase. However, this is only applicable if your laptop supports this method.

We also suggest that you start Windows in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. For steps on how to start your computer in safe mode, check this link:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists, you can use a recovery drive to restore your laptop. Kindly check the
    Use a recovery drive to restore or recover your PC section in the following link:

Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 26, 2018
  4. HP laptop, Windows 10 unable to boot

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

HP laptop, Windows 10 unable to boot

1. HP laptop, Windows 10 unable to boot - Similar Threads - laptop unable boot

2. Laptop is unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is unable to boot.: I have tried the troubleshoot of shutting down 3 times etc but, this does not work and laptop is in a continual loop of not starting and closing down straight away - ASU’s screen comes up, disappears in 3seconds only to appear again. I have no way to boot in safe mode/get...
  3. Laptop is unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is unable to boot.: I have tried the troubleshoot of shutting down 3 times etc but, this does not work and laptop is in a continual loop of not starting and closing down straight away - ASU’s screen comes up, disappears in 3seconds only to appear again. I have no way to boot in safe mode/get...
  4. Unable to boot or reset HP laptop with Windows 10- due to lack of 'disk space'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot or reset HP laptop with Windows 10- due to lack of 'disk space': My HP laptop won't boot. i tried resetting the device but it keeps saying 'needs additional space'. Since I can't even proceed to starting my laptop I am unable to free up any space as it won't go beyond the troubleshoot/ advanced options/ reset page. Any solutions?...
  5. Unable to boot or reset HP laptop with Windows 10- due to lack of 'disk space'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot or reset HP laptop with Windows 10- due to lack of 'disk space': My HP laptop won't boot. i tried resetting the device but it keeps saying 'needs additional space'. Since I can't even proceed to starting my laptop I am unable to free up any space as it won't go beyond the troubleshoot/ advanced options/ reset page. Any solutions?...
  6. Unable to boot or reset HP laptop with Windows 10- due to lack of 'disk space'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unable to dual boot windows 10 in my HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to dual boot windows 10 in my HP Laptop: I am currently trying to dual boot on my laptop. However during installation following error occurs [IMG] I am also unable to create the new volume in the disk management system. Disk volume property is MBR. Also I don't have 4 partition as specified in the MBR property....
  8. HP Laptop not booting into Windows 10 version 1909.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop not booting into Windows 10 version 1909.: I have an HP 15-cx0514na Gaming Laptop. Recently, over the past couple of days when I have pressed the power button, my laptop has either started to boot to the Windows login screen and then seemingly just shut itself down, or has just not booted at all. If it does boot to...
  9. hp laptop wont boot windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Support
    hp laptop wont boot windows 10 home: i took the hd from the laptop since it wouldnt boot. downloaded win 10 iso on a usb. cannot access restore, cannot access refresh. the hp logo on the laptop just keeps repeating as in its stuck on rebooting. rebuildbcd doesnt work since it says it doesnt find any windows...
  10. Boot problems with HP dv7 Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot problems with HP dv7 Windows 10 laptop: Hope I am in the right forum. My problem is as follows: My wife and I have same HP laptops. Her motherboard died. I have two hard drives in my computer. C drive had system on it and D drive had mostly mp3's. I took out the D drive and inserted my wife's HD thinking I might be...