Windows 10: HP Laptop Windows

Discus and support HP Laptop Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to reset HP laptop to factory settings, said it will take several hours, waited and black screen was up. Thinking it was off, I pressed the on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mareeree, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Mareeree Win User

HP Laptop Windows

I tried to reset HP laptop to factory settings, said it will take several hours, waited and black screen was up. Thinking it was off, I pressed the on botton, no response, decided to take out the battery. Turned on and this message appeared...The CMOS checksum is invalid. The CMOS will be reset to default configuration and will be rebooted. Please check your BIOS Setup to see if they have changed. CMOS rest 502, before trying to read everything this screen it switches to a blue screen which has the "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." Now it keeps restarting with the same message. Turned it off and on with same blue screen message. Anyone else experienced this and what is the fix?

:)

Mareeree, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

HP Laptop Windows

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

HP Laptop Windows

1. HP Laptop Windows - Similar Threads - Laptop

2. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  3. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  4. I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN: IHave a new lap top and cannot get past the create a pin on microsoft log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-and-cant-get-past-the-create-a/1aaef651-9022-4d93-984b-7ce8b8648df9
  5. I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN

I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN: IHave a new lap top and cannot get past the create a pin on microsoft log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-and-cant-get-past-the-create-a/1aaef651-9022-4d93-984b-7ce8b8648df9
  6. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  7. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  8. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  10. laptop not detecting headphone jack

laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...