Windows 10: HP laptop won't boot up

Discus and support HP laptop won't boot up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I seem to have multiple problems. I new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition. I am getting the blue screen on start up but the error seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gypsymanme, Feb 6, 2019.

1. HP laptop won't boot up

I seem to have multiple problems.

I new HP laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition.

I am getting the blue screen on start up but the error seems to vary. I have gotten each of these:

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

SYSTEM EXCEPTION THREAD NOT HANDLED

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

BAD POOL HEADR

After I get one of these errors the machine tries to reboot automatically.

After 3 or 4 attempted reboots I get a Recover screen with a button for advanced repair options.

I have tried Troubleshoot option Recovery Manager but this fails.

Also tried Troubleshoot option Reset this PC with both options 'Keep my files' and 'Remove everything' but I immediately get KERNEL SECURITY CHECK ERROR.

Since I can't get it to boot up I can't even try to fix things.

Anyone have advice?

Thanks

J

:)

gypsymanme, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

HP laptop won't boot up [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    I have windows 10 and my printer is HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610. My laptop says it is offline What do I do?

Hi Donna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanni...ort-for-Windows-10-won-t-come-up/td-p/5323205

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Feb 6, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

HP laptop won't boot up

Win 10 won´t boot up, only hp logo shows

Hi, I searched for
    "how to access bios HP laptop"

HP Notebook PCs - BIOS Setup Information and Menu Options | HP® Customer Support

suggests
    F1 or F10
    Enter Setup at the red Compaq logo or blue HP logo

So when you see the HP logo (or just before) start pressing one of those.

As you can't boot your PC, your only hope of recovery is if you can boot it not from its internal disk, but from something else.

That way you have a chance of running System Restore, or restoring the registry backup. And at least you can see if you can still access the hard disk inside your PC.

Whatever you need to do will, I think, be well outside your comfort zone, so I would strongly suggest you seek help from a friend or relative.

Do you have a bootable flash drive or DVD for Win 10?
    (Your laptop apparently has a DVD drive)
    HP ProBook 6440b (NN230EA) specifications

Please download and burn a DVD for Kyhi's bootable disk available from the top of the Software and Apps section here. This should give you a Win 10 style desktop.

However, to be able to boot from it you probably need to change the boot priority in your BIOS.

dalchina, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

HP laptop won't boot up

1. HP laptop won't boot up - Similar Threads - laptop won't boot

2. HP laptop boot up problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop boot up problems: Hi everyone, I have an HP laptop which is broken. i was messing around with the task manager start up applications and i think i disabled windows powershellif that did anything and i. don’t think that matters. anyways, now whenever i. boot it up i keep going to a page saying...
  3. HP Pavillion laptop won't boot...

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Pavillion laptop won't boot...: My grand-daughter has a HP Pavillion laptop which she brought over this morning as it is showing Recovery. It looks as if Windows has not loaded correctly. It then gives a choice of Restart my PC or See Advanced Repair Options. Ive had a quick look through these and tried the...
  4. Laptop won't boot-up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop won't boot-up: Hi, my Granddaughter's HP Stream laptop will not boot-up, I have tried the repair my computer facility, fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd, chkdsk, system restore, previous copy of windows unfortunately none of which work as I either get "unable to repair your computer" or the...
  5. HP laptop not booting up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop not booting up?: Hello everybody I was just trying to turn on my laptop. Unfortunately, it won't boot. The fan runs like crazy and is totally loud, but the screen stays black. When I press the off button again nothing happens. Does anyone have any idea what you can do? The laptop is still...
  6. HP laptop won't start up?

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop won't start up?: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop: With the power on the power light is on. When I press the start button the light goes off immediately and the screen does not start. Any ideas please? (it's a Pavilion 14-AL106NA) Many thanks. 143306
  7. Laptop Won't Boot Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Won't Boot Up: Every time I login, a blue screen with this in it pops up: C:\ Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" After this, my laptop won't do anything. What can I do?...
  8. HP laptop won't boot up after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop won't boot up after restart: All I simply did was try to reinstall Power DVD 16 and now it won't boot. Can't hit any of the F keys either. No matter what I hit, as soon as I turn it on, it goes to please wait and then keyboard selection and either troubleshoot or turn off your pc. Anybody have any ideas?...
  9. hp laptop booting up and freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hp laptop booting up and freezing: my WIN 10 HP laptop boots.up slowly, then will take me to my desktop. desktop icons load but Simple Sticky Notes which I have on my desktop do not load. Then.everything freezes. I do have a mouse cursor which moves freely but I can not click on anything. Keyboard is...
  10. My HP PC Won't Boot Up

in Windows 10 Support
    My HP PC Won't Boot Up: My Hp laptop was upgraded to win 10 last week. The hard drive in the laptop was always stuffing up. basically, everytime windows booted up, it would do a countdown from 8 seconds. if you didn't press a key within that time period, the computer would try to 'repair' the drive....