Windows 10: hp laptop wont boot windows 10 home

Discus and support hp laptop wont boot windows 10 home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i took the hd from the laptop since it wouldnt boot. downloaded win 10 iso on a usb. cannot access restore, cannot access refresh. the hp logo on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m0nk3n, May 11, 2016.

1. m0nk3n Win User

hp laptop wont boot windows 10 home

i took the hd from the laptop since it wouldnt boot. downloaded win 10 iso on a usb.
    cannot access restore, cannot access refresh. the hp logo on the laptop just keeps repeating as in its stuck on rebooting.

rebuildbcd doesnt work since it says it doesnt find any windows operating system on it.
    startup repair couldnt fix the problem.
    no restore points on it.
    install previous build doesnt work since it says it doesnt have a previous build.

restore computer (reset computer) with \ without losing files = with losing files it tells me -> cannot reset computer is missing a necessary partition.. <- thats the furthest i've gotten now.

i read something about creating a new boot partition using the reserved partition. is that something that could work?

in the process it has created 2 boot managers from somewhere.

:)

m0nk3n, May 11, 2016

2. i just got my new hp laptp home and will not load win 10

i just got my new hp laptop home and it wont load win 10

stevegrowney, May 11, 2016
  3. David2889 Win User
    windows 10 dualboot ubuntu accident

i tried already but my hp laptop wont show the usb, i did change boot order secure boot, everything, but my laptop came installed with win7 upgraded to win10

David2889, May 11, 2016
  4. m0nk3n Win User

i put the hd in the laptop after a chat with hp support. but the only option is to install and lose files. which is not an option since it's for a friend at school and he got lots of school stuff on it.

so after that chat i'm gonna put it back in the desktop and copy files he need to a folder on my ssd and then install lose files thingy.

m0nk3n, May 11, 2016
  5. m0nk3n Win User
    nvm. i didnt see there were only 2 folders on the laptop. users, and windows... which makes it inoperable. and the only thing i could then do was a full restore. no matter how many hours that's take idc cause i want to play some euro truck simulator 2 now...

been stressing 2 days with that laptop..

i went into cmd. and created a new administrator account while booted from the usb with windows 10N on it. (n for notebook right?)
    then i rebooted into the normal recovery part (hp has f11 as recovery) then i tried restore, revcover, refresh. nothing works not even cmd in recovery.

so i went back into the usb boot and checked cmd for net user. it was gone... lol idk why this happened. it's his school computer and something got deleted, well, most of the hard drive considering there was only users and windows folder on it. lol *Biggrin

i'm doing a full reinstall from the recovery now so doing good at 66% so far.. wont mark this thread solved until im back in windows with the laptop.

m0nk3n, May 11, 2016
  6. m0nk3n Win User
    omg. <problem restoring computer> *facewall* guess im going into diskpart then hp laptop wont boot windows 10 home :p

m0nk3n, May 11, 2016
  7. m0nk3n Win User
    reinstalled. works now.

m0nk3n, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. hp laptop wont boot windows 10 home - Similar Threads - laptop wont boot

2. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...
  3. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...
  4. laptop wont boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop wont boot.: I have a Samsung np300 e5z, the lcd is broken so have been using my TV as monitor with hdmi. Was reinstalling windows 10 down /upgrading it with the media creation tool, something caused the install to fail when it was at the restarting stage. Display said to reboot the...
  5. laptop wont boot.

laptop wont boot.: I have a Samsung np300 e5z, the lcd is broken so have been using my TV as monitor with hdmi. Was reinstalling windows 10 down /upgrading it with the media creation tool, something caused the install to fail when it was at the restarting stage. Display said to reboot the...
  6. laptop wont boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Laptop wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wont boot: Hello, I recently bought an IdeaPad gaming 3 82K2015MMJ. The day I got it it was fine then after a few hours of using it suddenly rebooted on its own, It was okay for a few minutes then kept rebooting giving different BSOD everytime. now it doesn't boot into the login screen...
  8. Laptop wont boot

Laptop wont boot: Hello, I recently bought an IdeaPad gaming 3 82K2015MMJ. The day I got it it was fine then after a few hours of using it suddenly rebooted on its own, It was okay for a few minutes then kept rebooting giving different BSOD everytime. now it doesn't boot into the login screen...
  9. Windows 10 Laptop wont boot anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Laptop wont boot anymore: So one day i booted my acer laptop and its so slow too boot up so i waited for about 2-4 hours as i remember so i was going to do a normal task web browsing create power point etc and the UI is so slow opening apps are slow opening folder etc up to the point that the laptop...
  10. HP laptop, Windows 10 unable to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop, Windows 10 unable to boot: Last week, I was having problems. I ran System Restore, but it failed. Without warning, no boot. Finally it showed the error msg. collecting data to send to MS and will reboot. It then tried the Automatic Repair which also failed. and that is what happens now. I have tried...