Windows 10: HP Laptop won't recognize password

Discus and support HP Laptop won't recognize password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I cannot get past the login screen after I turn on my laptop. It uses Windows 10. I have had the same password since setting up the laptop when I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Leoniepig, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Leoniepig Win User

HP Laptop won't recognize password

I cannot get past the login screen after I turn on my laptop. It uses Windows 10. I have had the same password since setting up the laptop when I bought it a year ago. I know it is correct but it says it is incorrect .Using the 'eye' icon to view the password shows the correct password. I can use shift with restart to get to an options page, but all the options I have tried still require a password, then say it is incorrect. The internet icon shows a picture that looks like a computer, so it is not connecting and I don't know how to fix this without logging in, so I can't reset the password from another device. HP is no help, say it's a software issue. Can anyone help me access my computer?

:)

Leoniepig, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

HP Laptop won't recognize password [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Aug 4, 2019
  3. alilpup13 Win User
    need help getting into my hp envy password and it won't let

I need help getting into a hp envy sleekbook as I forgot my password and I can't access my computer. .and suggestions

alilpup13, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

1. HP Laptop won't recognize password - Similar Threads - Laptop won't recognize

2. Won't recognize password on reboot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Won't recognize password on reboot: When restarting windows 10 on desktop it starts the Preparing Automatic Repair window. Then it goes to a sign in screen to select account. It will not accept the password, even when I have changed it on a different computer....
  3. Won't recognize password on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't recognize password on reboot: When restarting windows 10 on desktop it starts the Preparing Automatic Repair window. Then it goes to a sign in screen to select account. It will not accept the password, even when I have changed it on a different computer....
  4. Won't recognize password on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New laptop won't recognize old HP printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New laptop won't recognize old HP printer: My new Jumper laptop with Windows 10 won't recognize my old HP Desktop 1660 printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-wont-recognize-old-hp-printer/e1d0074c-9bb7-4c78-80cf-d85acfa5a130
  6. HP laptop won't sleep!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP laptop won't sleep!: I bought a HP 2 in 1 laptop recently. The laptop works completely fine, but whenever i close the lid or press the power button or click on sleep mode, the screen dims out for a sec and then comes back right up. I tried changing the settings a few times but nothing seems to...
  7. hp laptop password lock

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp laptop password lock: hi i have hp laptop that some one has tried to get on and has locked the password how can i get past the lockout https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-password-lock/45965ec9-64e7-4d8e-bbf1-7d705a28e68f
  8. Won't recognize password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't recognize password: Each and every time I try to sign in to my Microsoft account, it says that I have the wrong password. So....I go through the process of getting a code and changing my password. Then when I try to sign in with the new password, it says that it is the wrong password....
  9. hp scanner won't recognize hp computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    hp scanner won't recognize hp computer: Last month I was able to scan documents from my HP printer/scanner to my HP computer via Bluetooth, but now, the printer refuses to recognize the computer. How can I force the scanner to recognize the computer. I tried to enable to printer under the Settings option on my...
  10. My HP laptop won't recognise My password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My HP laptop won't recognise My password: My laptop won't accept my password. I've tried to reset the pc and clean drive fully but it then says additional free space is needed where windows is installed. Clear some space and try again. How on earth can I do that when I can't get into my pc?...