Windows 10: HP Laptop wont reset

Discus and support HP Laptop wont reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to reset my laptop because there was some issues with it but it said there was a problem so i went onto Command Prompt and did a command so it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Reece Bull, May 23, 2024.

1. HP Laptop wont reset

I tried to reset my laptop because there was some issues with it but it said there was a problem so i went onto Command Prompt and did a command so it could fix any problems and when it was complete it said there was no problems, i tried going onto the BIOS Settings and tried resetting it there but it came up with a blue screen and said, "your pc needs to be repaired" so i dont know what to do. Do i need to bring it to a repair shop or can i do something myself?

:)

Reece Bull, May 23, 2024
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, May 23, 2024
  3. asuaual Win User
    HP Laptop Boot Loop

I am encountering a boot loop problem with my HP laptop. Upon startup, it shows the HP logo and loading dots for about 11 seconds, then goes to a blank screen for approximately a minute before automatically restarting. The power button does not turn off during this cycle.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Tried hard reset and accessing BIOS/UEFI settings.
    • Unable to boot into Safe Mode or recovery environment.
    please see here the recorded video demonstrating the boot loop behavior for reference.

Any advice, troubleshooting steps, or insights into what might be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

asuaual, May 23, 2024
  4. HP Laptop wont reset

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, May 23, 2024
Thema:

HP Laptop wont reset

1. HP Laptop wont reset - Similar Threads - Laptop wont reset

2. HP Laptop wont reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop wont reset: I tried to reset my laptop because there was some issues with it but it said there was a problem so i went onto Command Prompt and did a command so it could fix any problems and when it was complete it said there was no problems, i tried going onto the BIOS Settings and tried...
  3. HP Laptop wont reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop wont reset: I tried to reset my laptop because there was some issues with it but it said there was a problem so i went onto Command Prompt and did a command so it could fix any problems and when it was complete it said there was no problems, i tried going onto the BIOS Settings and tried...
  4. HP ENVY laptop wont shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP ENVY laptop wont shutdown/restart: this is driving me nuts, but recently my computer will not shutdown. i get the normal shutdown screen, then my display goes black but the light on the power button never goes out. it will force shutdown if i hold down the power button. tried to restart instead and it just...
  5. Laptop wont start and wont factory reset either!

Laptop wont start and wont factory reset either!: Hi, I have a surface book2 using windows 10. I went to turn on the computer this morning but it was sort of frozen - the password prompt to login wouldnt come up- although i could still move the mouse around clicking did nothing, nor did typing. So i held down the power...
  6. HP Laptop reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Laptop reset: How do I reset my HP laptop back to factory settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-reset/b40aef88-6ea9-42b8-97ac-be9992fb1aff
  7. HP labtop wont reset

HP labtop wont reset: I cant reset my labtop Ive tried everything that I can think of but every time I get a error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-labtop-wont-reset/c4b3bee6-bcf0-4a77-8ae4-53ad054cc0f9
  8. HP laptop reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop reset: I was given a HP laptop which had Windows 7 pre-installed,I installed Win 10 and it is now running version 1809, I want to go back to factory settings (don't ask*Wink )if I use the Advanced Startup and choose to wipe all my files will the laptop be restored to Win 7 or...
  9. HP laptop reset

in Windows 10 Support
    HP laptop reset: I was given a HP laptop which had Windows 7 pre-installed,I installed Win 10 and it is now running version 1809, I want to go back to factory settings (don't ask*Wink )if I use the Advanced Startup and choose to wipe all my files will the laptop be restored to Win 7 or...
  10. Laptop wont reset to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop wont reset to factory settings.: I have a laptop that runs windows 10 and i try to reset it back to factory settings but when i do, it comes up with "There was a problem restarting your PC, no changes were saved." or something along those lines. If anyone knows a solution please let me know. I also do not...