Windows 10: HP laptop won't sleep!

Discus and support HP laptop won't sleep! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I bought a HP 2 in 1 laptop recently. The laptop works completely fine, but whenever i close the lid or press the power button or click on sleep mode,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tayseer_95, Jun 20, 2020.

1. HP laptop won't sleep!

I bought a HP 2 in 1 laptop recently. The laptop works completely fine, but whenever i close the lid or press the power button or click on sleep mode, the screen dims out for a sec and then comes back right up. I tried changing the settings a few times but nothing seems to fix this. This happens only when it's connected to the power supply.

The laptop gets really hot when I leave the room with air conditioner turned off. This will also affect the battery.

Please let me know if there's a way to fix this.

:)

Tayseer_95, Jun 20, 2020
  2. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

HP laptop won't sleep! [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Jun 20, 2020
  3. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Jun 20, 2020
  4. HP laptop won't sleep!

Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

HP laptop won't sleep!

1. HP laptop won't sleep! - Similar Threads - laptop won't sleep

2. HP computer won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP computer won't wake from sleep: This is the second occasion that my computer has had problems not waking up after going to sleep. I press the keyboard and mouse, and nothing works. It stopped working after I deleted/updated windows 10 to windows 11 on my computer. I’ve changed power settings, I’ve used the...
  3. Laptop won't sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't sleep: Hi all,Currently I faced an issue that my laptop Window 10 won't sleep by pressing the power button, closing the lid, alt + f4 buttons and the power option at the start option. Anyone can help? Below are some of my settings. Windows version:Thanks in advance!...
  4. Laptop won't sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't sleep: Hi all,Currently I faced an issue that my laptop Window 10 won't sleep by pressing the power button, closing the lid, alt + f4 buttons and the power option at the start option. Anyone can help? Below are some of my settings. Windows version:Thanks in advance!...
  5. Laptop won't sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Laptop won't go to sleep

Laptop won't go to sleep: Whenever I close the lid or manually tell my laptop to go to sleep the screen turns off but the computer is still running. The only way to turn it off is to hard press the power button and force it to shut down. If I start my pc in safe mode the same problem appears. Here...
  7. HP laptop won't sleep or screen won't go off

HP laptop won't sleep or screen won't go off: I have an HP laptop everything was working fine then I moved the laptop outside for a few minuets now it won't sleep and the screen won't go off. I have checked the settings as per this forum, tried setting to factory specs, restarted , but nothing seems to work. What have...
  8. Sleep issue on HP laptop

Sleep issue on HP laptop: Laptop keeps going to sleep in every 5 minutes or so after doing the system recovery and upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7. I changed the sleep options in power setting but it didn't help. It is really annoying and distracting. How can I fix this problem?...
  9. HP Laptop Not Going to Sleep

HP Laptop Not Going to Sleep: I replaced a mechanical HDD with an SSD in an HP 15t-n200, and reinstalled windows. When the computer tries to go to sleep the screen turns off, but the status lights remain on. Usually when it goes to sleep they flash, and the only way to get the computer to respond is to...
  10. HP laptop sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop sleep mode: Hi - Just installed Win10 on my 4 yr old HP G60535D. Now I have have to re-boot everytime I shut the lid. *Shock Played around with power settings, etc etc but no love. When I first open the lid, I can hear the computer running, a slight mechanical burp of some sort, then...