Windows 10: HP laptop won't turn on properly

Discus and support HP laptop won't turn on properly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the last Windows 10 update earlier this week, my HP laptop wouldn't boot properly -it was on, but I got a black screen with cursor only. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Greyhairedoldlady, Nov 24, 2018.

1. HP laptop won't turn on properly

After the last Windows 10 update earlier this week, my HP laptop wouldn't boot properly -it was on, but I got a black screen with cursor only. After switching it on/off several times (& trying all sorts) it finally came on & completed the updates. it worked fine, & then I shut it down as it's not my day-to-day device. Today it won't start up properly -not even to a black screen. The power indicators etc. light up, but the number lock light flashes & it's not turning on. It's not conecting to wireless, either. It's plugged in, so it's not a battery problem. I've tried unplugging, pressing on/off, waiting for it to do something, etc. etc. but it's not working. It's not a hardware problem-it worked just fine before -and it hadn't even been on since the backup.

It looks like it's something to do with the windows 10 update -that's the only thing that's changed. What can I do to get it to turn on?

:)

Greyhairedoldlady, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Xjoejoex Win User

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

HP laptop won't turn on properly [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Nov 24, 2018
  4. HP laptop won't turn on properly

Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

HP laptop won't turn on properly

1. HP laptop won't turn on properly - Similar Threads - laptop won't turn

2. So my HP Laptop is off and it won't turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my HP Laptop is off and it won't turn on: So my HP Laptop is off and it won't turn on, but when I try to turn it on the screen stays black and the SD light blinks and glitches sort of. It has been plugged into the charger for a whole day now and it is still doing it. Any help with this would be highly appreciated...
  3. So my HP Laptop is off and it won't turn on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So my HP Laptop is off and it won't turn on: So my HP Laptop is off and it won't turn on, but when I try to turn it on the screen stays black and the SD light blinks and glitches sort of. It has been plugged into the charger for a whole day now and it is still doing it. Any help with this would be highly appreciated...
  4. Laptop won't work properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't work properly: Morning. I would like to find out my laptop comes on and it works and everything but if I have to do an update or if I have to restart it then it doesn't come on and I battle to put it on by the power button I unplug the cable unplug the battery then I put it all back and I...
  5. Laptop won't work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't work properly: Morning. I would like to find out my laptop comes on and it works and everything but if I have to do an update or if I have to restart it then it doesn't come on and I battle to put it on by the power button I unplug the cable unplug the battery then I put it all back and I...
  6. Laptop won't work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop won't turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't turn on: My laptop MSI GP73 Leopard 8RE just bluescreened while listening to music on Spotify but is now not turning on. Initially it progressed as far as the black screen with the MSI logo and a spinning loading circle beneath it but wouldn't go any farther. I waited for about 5...
  8. Hp Laptop won't turn on after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp Laptop won't turn on after update: My son was updating an HP laptop I had less than 6 months and it won't turn on. The power lights come on but that's it. I don't know what to do. I've tried holding down power button, unplugging cord. It doesn't have a removable battery so I don't know what else to do. Can...
  9. Laptop won't turn on

Laptop won't turn on: I have a dell inspiron i5.7th Gen.It's been about 2 years now. Worked well a while ago. It made a strange noise. So I shut it down. After that it will not turn on. I tried again after a while. But it will not turn on. It was well charged. I did a google search and did...
  10. Laptop won't turn on

Laptop won't turn on: Yesterday my Samsung ativ smart pc pro worked perfectly until suddenly it turned off and now it won't turn on and it won't charge When i press the power button the power led indicator turns on for 5 seconds and then it turns off I can hear the fan working for like 3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp omen wont turn on properlyt