Windows 10: HP Laserjet 2600n and Windows 10

Discus and support HP Laserjet 2600n and Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a problem printing from Windows 10 to my HP LJ 2600n. I downloaded the driver OK but it still wouldn't print. I noticed that the printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pentlands, Jan 15, 2020.

1. pentlands Win User

HP Laserjet 2600n and Windows 10

I had a problem printing from Windows 10 to my HP LJ 2600n. I downloaded the driver OK but it still wouldn't print.

I noticed that the printer displayed as "Offline" and I was unable to change this.

On the page here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-color-laserjet-2600n-printer/446153

in the top right-hand corner there is a 'bell' icon with a "2" in a red circle:

"Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

> Print spooler or any other printer problems caused by a Windows 10 update or upgrade - Click Here

> Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer – Click Here"

Following the links, I downloaded some more files all zipped and then installed them. I switched off the printer and PC and then switched them both on. The printer showed as "Ready". I have since repeated this a few times and the printer always shows as "Ready".

In summary, I think that the additional files have to be downloaded as well as the regular print driver. I hope this helps other forum members.

:)

pentlands, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Jesse_937 Win User

HP 2600n

PowerPoint 2016 in Windows 10 will not connect to my HP 2600n color laser printer. Any suggestions?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Jesse_937, Jan 15, 2020
  3. HP 2600n

Install the manufacturer supplied device driver.

Unfortunately for you, that printer hasn't been supported by HP since Windows Vista:

HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

You might be able to download the device drivers and install in compatibility mode - but... then again, printer and scanners are often abandoned by their manufacturer's rather 'quickly' in computer lifecycle terms.

Shenan Stanley, Jan 15, 2020
  4. m7a4r4k Win User

HP 2600n

A specific program not connecting is not normal. If the printer is shown within the control panel, then there would be no logical reason not to be seen under PowerPoint. I am operating Windows 10 with the 2600n on the LAN with no issues.

If you are connected VIA the LAN, ensure you can print a test page from the control panel. If not, likely something has changed or a cable is bad. You should also be able to connect to the web UI via the IP address of the printer. Check you IP configuration
    on the printer itself and ensure the WIndow's 10 machine has the same IP port configured. Windows 10 should automatically install drivers.

If you are connected VIA USB, you need to do the same steps as far as testing the printer VIA the control panel.

Windows 10 likes to manage the printer and does not necessarily pick a default printer. The last step I would do would be again go to the control panel and manually make the 2600n the default printer and relaunch PowerPoint.

m7a4r4k, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. HP Laserjet 2600n and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laserjet 2600n

2. Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106: Noticed this yesterday on multiple machines,When viewing devices in the old Devices and Printers window, the printer icons are all HP printers including the built in Windows ones such as "Microsoft Print to PDF", and the "Model" also reads "HP LaserJet M101-M106" for all of...
  3. Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106: Noticed this yesterday on multiple machines,When viewing devices in the old Devices and Printers window, the printer icons are all HP printers including the built in Windows ones such as "Microsoft Print to PDF", and the "Model" also reads "HP LaserJet M101-M106" for all of...
  4. Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why all my printer model converted to HP LaserJet M101-M106?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why all my printer model converted to HP LaserJet M101-M106?: Dears,i woke up this morning to find out that all my printers have changed their models to HP M101-M106 despite i don't have this model installed and i have canon instead.On top of that, when i double click on them, it says "no task are available on this page".I think it...
  6. Why all my printer model converted to HP LaserJet M101-M106?

Why all my printer model converted to HP LaserJet M101-M106?: Dears,i woke up this morning to find out that all my printers have changed their models to HP M101-M106 despite i don't have this model installed and i have canon instead.On top of that, when i double click on them, it says "no task are available on this page".I think it...
  7. where can I download a free driver for printer HP Laserjet 1018

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where can I download a free driver for printer HP Laserjet 1018: Good night.where can I download a free driver for printer HP Laserjet 1018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-download-a-free-driver-for-printer-hp/80a8fa84-18ee-4aa9-87a9-5a5fff071ff8
  8. where can I download a free driver for printer HP Laserjet 1018

where can I download a free driver for printer HP Laserjet 1018: Good night.where can I download a free driver for printer HP Laserjet 1018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-download-a-free-driver-for-printer-hp/80a8fa84-18ee-4aa9-87a9-5a5fff071ff8
  9. My HP LaserJet MT 140we will connect to my Samsung laptop to scan, but not to print.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP LaserJet MT 140we will connect to my Samsung laptop to scan, but not to print.: My HP LaserJet MT 140we printer is connected to my Samsung laptop to scan, but not to print. It says Drivers Not Available. When I try to load them, I get nothing. Also, it was working fine until we moved from home to work....
  10. My HP LaserJet MT 140we will connect to my Samsung laptop to scan, but not to print.

My HP LaserJet MT 140we will connect to my Samsung laptop to scan, but not to print.: My HP LaserJet MT 140we printer is connected to my Samsung laptop to scan, but not to print. It says Drivers Not Available. When I try to load them, I get nothing. Also, it was working fine until we moved from home to work....