Windows 10: HP laserJet 4 Plus using Paraelle Port IEEE-1284 prints with random gibberish with Windows 10

Discus and support HP laserJet 4 Plus using Paraelle Port IEEE-1284 prints with random gibberish with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having a problem getting my LaserJet 4 to print properly. This printer has been connected to the Manhattan IEEE-1284 parallel port USB to LPT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 4Issues, Jan 30, 2020.

1. 4Issues Win User

HP laserJet 4 Plus using Paraelle Port IEEE-1284 prints with random gibberish with Windows 10

I am having a problem getting my LaserJet 4 to print properly. This printer has been connected to the Manhattan IEEE-1284 parallel port USB to LPT since I had Windows 7 and worked great. Then I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and it was still working perfectly after I made some adjustments. Then with no support and part of my computer not being compatible with Windows 10, I bought my HP Pavilion Desktop computer Intel Core i5 9400. I took a bit to get the HP Laser Jet 4 to print. Although, every 7 or so pages I get a little bit of gibberish and bar codes don't print well at all. I use this printer a lot for printing out 100 page documents at a time and I need this to work! Please help!!! I seriously need this printer to work correctly.

:)

4Issues, Jan 30, 2020
  2. CJ_571 Win User

HP laserjet 4 plus printing problem

HP LaserJet 4 plus printer is not recognized after recent windows 10 updates. Tried downloading the suggested driver from HP site, but could not get it installed.

CJ_571, Jan 30, 2020
  3. quiddam Win User
    Install HP LaserJet 4M Plus

Printer is connected to router with EtherNet cable, was able to print test page which gives IP Address of: 10.0.0.81, and did find drivers but attempting to install with any of the LaserJet 4 drivers listed below, gives the error message, "Printer Driver was not installed".

This printer has both Postscript and PCL personalities.

Thumbnail sketch of what I did:

Settings>Devices>Printers & Scanners>Add Printer and Scanner>[Clicked on the text, "the printer I want isn't listed"]>chose "Add a local printer" using existing port 10.0.0.81>did Windows Update and each of the following LaserJet drivers for this model of printer failed to install:

HP LaserJet 4 Plus
    HP LaserJet 4/4M Plus PS 300
    HP LaserJet 4/4M Plus PS 600
    HP LaserJet 4/4M PS
    HP LaserJet 4/4M PS (300 dpi)

the USB port mentioned in the 400 day old post on this topic was not a choice.

rig is an i9 7900X running at 4.5GHz w/32 GB Ram with an Asus X299 MOBA.

quiddam, Jan 30, 2020
  4. keithjr Win User

HP laserJet 4 Plus using Paraelle Port IEEE-1284 prints with random gibberish with Windows 10

Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

I tried this after doing a clean install of Windows 10. The list of printers that comes up does not include the Laserjet 4 plus which is the printer I am trying to connect via usb. How do I get that to come up?

keithjr, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

1. HP laserJet 4 Plus using Paraelle Port IEEE-1284 prints with random gibberish with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - laserJet Plus using

2. IEEE 1284 USB to parallel port issue? Is Microsoft working on this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IEEE 1284 USB to parallel port issue? Is Microsoft working on this?: Apropos of the issue at hand I described earlier I've been researching this for days on end, I came across this. It seems Gravostyle isn't the only OEM having issues either, GE is having issues as well....
  3. IEEE 1284 USB to parallel port issue? Is Microsoft working on this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IEEE 1284 USB to parallel port issue? Is Microsoft working on this?: Apropos of the issue at hand I described earlier I've been researching this for days on end, I came across this. It seems Gravostyle isn't the only OEM having issues either, GE is having issues as well....
  4. Downloads and drivers for IEEE 1284?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads and drivers for IEEE 1284?: Okay,I don't know how many out in the industrial world are having this issue but Microsoft needs to rewrite back in its older version IEEE 1284 printer driver capability soon or Linux will be all over it! My IT guy wants to update our computers that control our heavy...
  5. Downloads and drivers for IEEE 1284?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads and drivers for IEEE 1284?: Okay,I don't know how many out in the industrial world are having this issue but Microsoft needs to rewrite back in its older version IEEE 1284 printer driver capability soon or Linux will be all over it! My IT guy wants to update our computers that control our heavy...
  6. Downloads and drivers for IEEE 1284?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. HP Laserjet 4 Plus no longer works

HP Laserjet 4 Plus no longer works: Windows 10 updated and now my HP Laserjet 4 plus will not work nor are any of the trouble shooters of any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laserjet-4-plus-no-longer-works/b0d0ea0d-14d9-4935-8f4f-cf597a53a2a6
  8. USB to Parallel IEEE 1284

USB to Parallel IEEE 1284: When I did the update to Windows 10 last fall my USB to Parallel adapter stopped working. I do not find a driver in devices. How can I get a driver for my system? I can't find one online. The the install program on the disk that came with my Shaxon USB to DB25 adapter will...
  9. HP Laserjet 4 and HP Laserjet 5M Windows 10 connection instructions

HP Laserjet 4 and HP Laserjet 5M Windows 10 connection instructions: Follow these instructions to connect your HP Laserjet 4 and Laserjet 5M printers to your computer if you are running Windows 10. --press the Windows icon in the lower left corner --select "settings" --select "devices" --select "add printers & scanners" --select "add...
  10. Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4: I am trying to figure out where to get this driver for my HP LaserJet 4 printer. Worked fine in windows 7 but for some reason now it created an error #123. Through troubleshooting it said spooler had previous print job pending. Killed that restarted the spooler, then...