Windows 10: HP Laserjet and Win10

Discus and support HP Laserjet and Win10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Laserjet 1606dn printer and I am trying to successfully print on a Windows Surface running Win10 64bit. I can install the printer but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Facecard, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Facecard Win User

HP Laserjet and Win10

I have a Laserjet 1606dn printer and I am trying to successfully print on a Windows Surface running Win10 64bit. I can install the printer but when I try to print a test page it just sits in the queue and nothing happens.

I did download "HP LaserJet Pro P1100, P1560, P1600 Series Full Feature Software and Driver, v1601" but that doesn't seem to work. Also, I tried to connect the Surface to printer via USB cable and again, it installs but I can't print anything out.

If I recall there is a "legacy" driver that should be used but I can't remember where it is.

:)

Facecard, Mar 15, 2019
  2. lucyrssll Win User

HP LaserJet M1522nf Laser AIO Printer for $60 after MIR.

HP Laserjet M1522nf toner

Stinkyink now offer toner cartridges for the HP Laserjet M1522nf toner. Oh and it's free delivery too!

lucyrssll, Mar 15, 2019
  3. quiddam Win User
    Install HP LaserJet 4M Plus

Printer is connected to router with EtherNet cable, was able to print test page which gives IP Address of: 10.0.0.81, and did find drivers but attempting to install with any of the LaserJet 4 drivers listed below, gives the error message, "Printer Driver was not installed".

This printer has both Postscript and PCL personalities.

Thumbnail sketch of what I did:

Settings>Devices>Printers & Scanners>Add Printer and Scanner>[Clicked on the text, "the printer I want isn't listed"]>chose "Add a local printer" using existing port 10.0.0.81>did Windows Update and each of the following LaserJet drivers for this model of printer failed to install:

HP LaserJet 4 Plus
    HP LaserJet 4/4M Plus PS 300
    HP LaserJet 4/4M Plus PS 600
    HP LaserJet 4/4M PS
    HP LaserJet 4/4M PS (300 dpi)

the USB port mentioned in the 400 day old post on this topic was not a choice.

rig is an i9 7900X running at 4.5GHz w/32 GB Ram with an Asus X299 MOBA.

quiddam, Mar 15, 2019
  4. keithjr Win User

HP Laserjet and Win10

Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

I tried this after doing a clean install of Windows 10. The list of printers that comes up does not include the Laserjet 4 plus which is the printer I am trying to connect via usb. How do I get that to come up?

keithjr, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

HP Laserjet and Win10

1. HP Laserjet and Win10 - Similar Threads - Laserjet Win10

2. Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106: Noticed this yesterday on multiple machines,When viewing devices in the old Devices and Printers window, the printer icons are all HP printers including the built in Windows ones such as "Microsoft Print to PDF", and the "Model" also reads "HP LaserJet M101-M106" for all of...
  3. Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106: Noticed this yesterday on multiple machines,When viewing devices in the old Devices and Printers window, the printer icons are all HP printers including the built in Windows ones such as "Microsoft Print to PDF", and the "Model" also reads "HP LaserJet M101-M106" for all of...
  4. Printers showing as "HP LaserJet M101-M106

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why all my printer model converted to HP LaserJet M101-M106?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why all my printer model converted to HP LaserJet M101-M106?: Dears,i woke up this morning to find out that all my printers have changed their models to HP M101-M106 despite i don't have this model installed and i have canon instead.On top of that, when i double click on them, it says "no task are available on this page".I think it...
  6. Why all my printer model converted to HP LaserJet M101-M106?

Why all my printer model converted to HP LaserJet M101-M106?: Dears,i woke up this morning to find out that all my printers have changed their models to HP M101-M106 despite i don't have this model installed and i have canon instead.On top of that, when i double click on them, it says "no task are available on this page".I think it...
  7. WIN/ to WIN10 => HP Laserjet 1200 impossible to install the printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN/ to WIN10 => HP Laserjet 1200 impossible to install the printer: I've had this printer for a very long time and it continued to work fine in WIN7.Then I I upgraded from WIN7 to WIN10.Printer is USB connected to my computer.After the upgrade and now it does not recognize the device as a printer, rather it is just detected as USB device...
  8. WIN/ to WIN10 => HP Laserjet 1200 impossible to install the printer

WIN/ to WIN10 => HP Laserjet 1200 impossible to install the printer: I've had this printer for a very long time and it continued to work fine in WIN7.Then I I upgraded from WIN7 to WIN10.Printer is USB connected to my computer.After the upgrade and now it does not recognize the device as a printer, rather it is just detected as USB device...
  9. WIN/ to WIN10 => HP Laserjet 1200 impossible to install the printer

10. How to install a HP Laserjet 3015 on win10 wireless lan?

How to install a HP Laserjet 3015 on win10 wireless lan?: The question means how to install it on a new computer on the lan. The printer is already usb connected to a computer on the wireless lan and all is working well. four computers on the lan can see it and do use it. this new computer can see it in windows explorer but...