Windows 10: HP LASERJET MFPm426fdn Scanner

Discus and support HP LASERJET MFPm426fdn Scanner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the 426fdn. Since going to Windows 10 I can find no means of adjusting the output. I am using 300 dpi but it always produces a 6MB file and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KathyScalzo, Feb 27, 2020.

1. HP LASERJET MFPm426fdn Scanner

I have the 426fdn. Since going to Windows 10 I can find no means of adjusting the output.

I am using 300 dpi but it always produces a 6MB file and will only do 3 pagestoo big How do I reduce the output size? Thanks for any help

:)

KathyScalzo, Feb 27, 2020
  2. quiddam Win User

Install HP LaserJet 4M Plus

Printer is connected to router with EtherNet cable, was able to print test page which gives IP Address of: 10.0.0.81, and did find drivers but attempting to install with any of the LaserJet 4 drivers listed below, gives the error message, "Printer Driver was not installed".

This printer has both Postscript and PCL personalities.

Thumbnail sketch of what I did:

Settings>Devices>Printers & Scanners>Add Printer and Scanner>[Clicked on the text, "the printer I want isn't listed"]>chose "Add a local printer" using existing port 10.0.0.81>did Windows Update and each of the following LaserJet drivers for this model of printer failed to install:

HP LaserJet 4 Plus
    HP LaserJet 4/4M Plus PS 300
    HP LaserJet 4/4M Plus PS 600
    HP LaserJet 4/4M PS
    HP LaserJet 4/4M PS (300 dpi)

the USB port mentioned in the 400 day old post on this topic was not a choice.

rig is an i9 7900X running at 4.5GHz w/32 GB Ram with an Asus X299 MOBA.

quiddam, Feb 27, 2020
  3. mountain Win User
    HP LaserJet 3050 Scanner Not Recognized (Printing works)

I just upgraded from 7 to 10 and now I cannot scan on my HP LaserJet 3050. The 3050 is recognized as a printer and I can print fine, but it is not recognized as a scanner. I have tried Windows Fax and Scan to no avail. I have the original install disk, but it will not install as I get a "Run as" error. I have tried running as administrator and even activated the default administrator account to no avail. I still get the "Run as" error on the default administrator account. I tried downloading various drivers from HP, but nothing worked. Any suggestions?

mountain, Feb 27, 2020
  4. keithjr Win User

HP LASERJET MFPm426fdn Scanner

Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

I tried this after doing a clean install of Windows 10. The list of printers that comes up does not include the Laserjet 4 plus which is the printer I am trying to connect via usb. How do I get that to come up?

keithjr, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

HP LASERJET MFPm426fdn Scanner

1. HP LASERJET MFPm426fdn Scanner - Similar Threads - LASERJET MFPm426fdn Scanner

2. HP LaserJet M110we

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP LaserJet M110we: Why am I not successful in connecting my new printer HP LaserJet M110we? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laserjet-m110we/f892052b-a6e9-4925-adb4-fdd782d885d9
  3. HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP 477 - sometime network scanner not detected after Laserjet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP 477 - sometime network scanner not detected after Laserjet...: Hello,my HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP 477 works always fine as network printer with my Windows 10 desktop.Also scanner feature works fine, but often scanner is not detected anymore after Laserjet is switched off and later on after a while.... I have to reboot my desktop in order...
  4. HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP 477 - sometime network scanner not detected after Laserjet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP 477 - sometime network scanner not detected after Laserjet...: Hello,my HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP 477 works always fine as network printer with my Windows 10 desktop.Also scanner feature works fine, but often scanner is not detected anymore after Laserjet is switched off and later on after a while.... I have to reboot my desktop in order...
  5. HP Color Laserjet Pro MFP 477 - sometime network scanner not detected after Laserjet...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. HP color laserjet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP color laserjet: Am trying to re-install my HP color laserjet pro M252dw with no success. Comp w/n find printer using wireless connection. Any help appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-color-laserjet/d90ea010-ac54-431b-9c76-f73389e30da8
  7. HP LASERJET 1020

HP LASERJET 1020: Hi, I have been using HP LaserJet 1020 for years and I used it with win 10 with no problems. Suddenly my computer does not see it. I spent hours trying to fix it with no success. HELP....
  8. HP LaserJet P1102

HP LaserJet P1102: Hi. I have problem with printer after updating my system to windows 10 from 7. When i downloaded drivers from official web-site and installed them, my PC don`t see them. I triedto delete and download again(I deleted from device manager "HP EWS" and reboot device...
  9. HP LaserJet 3050 Scanner Not Recognized (Printing works)

HP LaserJet 3050 Scanner Not Recognized (Printing works): I just upgraded from 7 to 10 and now I cannot scan on my HP LaserJet 3050. The 3050 is recognized as a printer and I can print fine, but it is not recognized as a scanner. I have tried Windows Fax and Scan to no avail. I have the original install disk, but it will not install...
  10. HP Laserjet 1300

HP Laserjet 1300: Hi Guys, My HP Laserjet 1300 printer is not working in Windows 10, How can I resolve this issue? 67428