Windows 10: HP launches Envy x2 with Intel Core-Y processor and Windows 10

Discus and support HP launches Envy x2 with Intel Core-Y processor and Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last year, ASUS and HP announced the first PCs running Windows 10 on ARM at Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Technology summit in Hawaii. HP’s Always Connected PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 29, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

HP launches Envy x2 with Intel Core-Y processor and Windows 10

Last year, ASUS and HP announced the first PCs running Windows 10 on ARM at Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Technology summit in Hawaii. HP’s Always Connected PC the Envy x2 with Snapdragon 835 processor is available for purchase in the select regions, and today the company has started selling the device with Intel chipset.

The new HP Envy x2 with Windows 10 operating system, Intel Core i5-7Y54 processor and Intel’s HD Graphics 615 is now available for $1,149.99. It’s the same device but with Intel chipsets. It also offers good LTE connectivity thanks to Intel’s XMM 7360 LTE modem. The model is clocked at 1.2GHz but it can be boosted to 3.2GHz.

It appears that the HP Envy x2 with Intel processor will run Windows 10 Home out of the box instead of Windows 10 in S Mode.

At the time of writing this story, the variant with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage is available for $1,149.99, but it’s likely that a higher-end model with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage will be launched soon.

HP promised that the Envy x2 with Snapdragon processor will offer almost one month of battery life when on standby but the company hasn’t yet provided the battery life information of the Intel variant. It’s likely that the battery life will be shorter.

Always Connected PCs without Qualcomm Snapdragon isn’t a bad thing, and Microsoft itself said that they don’t equate ‘Always Connected PC’ with Qualcomm. The company will continue to work with partners to deliver the best experience.

Microsoft isn’t giving up on Windows 10 ARM and Qualcomm’s Always Connected PCs. More recently, the company said that the PCs with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 and Windows 10 on ARM will be announced later in 2018.

You can buy HP Envy x2 from here.

The post HP launches Envy x2 with Intel Core-Y processor and Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 29, 2018
  2. C.A.P.T. Win User

Windows 10 Does Not Recognize 2nd Core in Processor

HP Envy 17t 4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U Dual Core Processor + 4GB

16GB DDR3L System Memory (2 Dimm)

1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive + 256GB Flash Solid State Drive

HP launches Envy x2 with Intel Core-Y processor and Windows 10 [​IMG]

C.A.P.T., May 29, 2018
  3. tindog Win User
    HP Envy x2 compatibility

I've read in other threads that Windows 10 has been loaded on HP Envy x2 machines with no problem... My x2 seems to meet the system requirements on the MS website (directX 11, WDDM 1.2), but the upgrade app is telling me that I'm not compatible because
    of the graphics card. Could that be incorrect, is there another way to upgrade?

tindog, May 29, 2018
Thema:

HP launches Envy x2 with Intel Core-Y processor and Windows 10

1. HP launches Envy x2 with Intel Core-Y processor and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - launches Envy Intel

2. Intel Core i7-7920HQ Processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Core i7-7920HQ Processor: I am running a Dell Precision 7720 with an Intel i7-7920HQ @3.10GHz. Running the PC Health for Windows upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 says everything is fine to upgrade except the processor however, when looking at Microsoft Windows support processors for upgrade...
  3. Intel Core i7-7920HQ Processor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Core i7-7920HQ Processor: I am running a Dell Precision 7720 with an Intel i7-7920HQ @3.10GHz. Running the PC Health for Windows upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 says everything is fine to upgrade except the processor however, when looking at Microsoft Windows support processors for upgrade...
  4. Intel Core i7-7920HQ Processor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Intel Launches First 10th Gen Intel Core Ice Lake Processors

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Launches First 10th Gen Intel Core Ice Lake Processors: [ATTACH] A photo shows the 10th Gen Intel Core processor on a motherboard. On Aug. 1, 2019, Intel launches 11 new, highly integrated 10th Gen Intel Core processors designed for remarkably sleek 2 in 1s and laptops. (Source: Intel Corporation) [ATTACH] On Aug. 1, 2019,...
  6. Is an upgrade for i3 intel core processor possible??

Is an upgrade for i3 intel core processor possible??: ok so I have an i3 intel core processor, im also quite the fan of gaming as well so how do I go by upgrading my system to be a better gaming system that gives accessibility to the latest games as well???...
  7. HP Envy X2 1809 Update Status

HP Envy X2 1809 Update Status: Hello, Any information on the 1809 update for the HP Envy X2 (Snapdragon)? While the device is underpowered, the battery is superb and I'd certainly like some of the updated features Thanks Zeid...
  8. HP Envy X2 Laptop Critical Process Died in Windows 10

HP Envy X2 Laptop Critical Process Died in Windows 10: Have a HP Envy X2 laptop with Windows 10. When I power it on it: Goes into Preparing Automatic Repair state with the HP logo and spinning dots below it. Then goes into the Blue screen of death stating Critical Process Died. After about a couple of minutes the HP logo...
  9. Intel GMA Driver Crashing on Atom Z2760-based HP Envy x2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel GMA Driver Crashing on Atom Z2760-based HP Envy x2: I have a 2 year old HP Envy x2 hybrid touchscreen laptop with the z2760 (Clover Trail) chip set and GMA graphics. When I installed Windows 10 for the first time it failed to recognize the graphics chip and installed the Microsoft Basic VGA Adapter instead. Updating the...
  10. Intel XEON 10 core processor on W10 PRO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel XEON 10 core processor on W10 PRO: Hi guys anyway to get Windows PRO to use all 10 cores on XEON i3-3240 2.6 ghz processor Linux box FLIES with this processor -- can't get anything like same improvement on W10 (Native not VM). My Windows VM simply performs a zillion times better than when running W10...